[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Brandy new Solara owner checking in!
New and Old SolaraGuy members should post a hello message here to let everyone know who you are. Tell us about your Solara! We want to know.

Brandy new Solara owner checking in!

Postby NVDIS1 » Tue Oct 12, 2004 5:25 pm

cool anotha 2000 se v6 5spd :D welcome to tha site! cant wait 2 c pics!
http://members.cardomain.com/rgztoy
NVDIS1
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby Duffman » Fri Oct 15, 2004 6:22 am

Motorcycles? Now we're talking. I've got a 95 Honda Nighthawk 250 and a 96 Suzuki Intruder 800 (both at home, I miss them both). Also working on a 73 Suzuki GS425, six-speed... but one cylinder is gasping for air and the other is getting too much, need to rework the carbs and clean the choke (and replace the tires, exhaust, front fork...).

But back to the name on the website - welcome to the SolaraGuy forums. Maybe with a little work, the mods would change your title to SolaraChick? Always thought that would be cool.
2002 Toyota Solara SE V6 5-Speed
2005 Pontiac GTO 6-Speed
2008 Suzuki Bandit 1250 ABS
Duffman
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby xsolara33x » Fri Oct 15, 2004 8:02 am

congratulations and welcome to the family...
xsolara33x
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby Qetesh » Fri Oct 15, 2004 9:52 am

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone :D

I've had my Solara a few days now and it's taking a little getting used to after driving my Jeep for so long. She's a lot of fun, but we're still getting to know each other. I'll post pics when the rain stops falling. The Solara is stock right now, but I'm making a list of potential simple mods that won't cut in to my motorcycle fund too much :lol: I have a friend in the autobody industry that I talked to and he said he could repair the crack on the rear bumper cover without having to replace the whole piece. Cost, about $250. Not too shabby. I'll have him buff her too since she sat on a dealer lot for a year. What a shame, but she's mine now!

As for my motorcycles, I have a few. The one I ride now, for street and track, is an '01 Honda F4i (600 for those that think the F4i's came in any other cc :roll: ). I also have an '02 Kawisaki Ninja ZX6E sport tour for longer days in the saddle and up for sale is my '99 Honda Rebel 250 which I've had forever. It's just time to say goodbye to it. I could use that money towards modding the Solara ;)

As far as cutsie little emoticons go, not from this chick. I mod at www.tristatesportbikes.com and there's a member on there who's like that, posting those ridiculous things in every thread she starts and it drives me insane. Don't even get me started on the crap she uploads, we had to increase our server space because of it :lol: [/rant]

So, I definatly think I'll enjoy my experience here. If at anytime I make a bonehead comment or experience a blonde moment (no, I'm not blonde) please feel free to flame me :drinking:
~Jen

2000 Solara SEV6/5spd manual/Black

www.teampromotion.com
Qetesh
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby Duffman » Fri Oct 15, 2004 9:58 am

The Rebel 250, ahh... too small for me, I hit my knees on it too bad - but it's got the same engine as my Nighthawk. fun ride, fun ride. :P
2002 Toyota Solara SE V6 5-Speed
2005 Pontiac GTO 6-Speed
2008 Suzuki Bandit 1250 ABS
Duffman
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Previous

Return to Introductions