[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Rims on Red Solara?
New and Old SolaraGuy members should post a hello message here to let everyone know who you are. Tell us about your Solara! We want to know.

Rims on Red Solara?

Rims on Red Solara?

Postby nohryi » Wed Mar 16, 2005 5:37 pm

Hi. I just recently purchased Solara Gen2 Red.
It came with 16" steel, and want a rim decent looking.
I want something decent looking, but still want to keep the stock appearance. I have never seen a red Solara with rims, and wondering if anyone has one.
I don't want it to look like a girl car. Does anyone have suggestions? I live in portland Oregon.
May be someone has the standard 17" sitting that they don't want that might be able to cut me a good deal? Or I should save the $600 for chrome ones I see on ebay, and get a different ones. Thanks.

Nori
nohryi
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby boaclub923 » Wed Mar 16, 2005 7:00 pm

agree... agree.. --1LOKEDOUTSLE--... agree with u
boaclub923
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

well...thanks

Postby nohryi » Wed Mar 16, 2005 7:07 pm

hey....I know it's a girl color....but I don't think you had to critisize it that much....could of said it in a different way. This is just a play car where I don't plan on doing too much to it.
Had 300ZX before and when my insurance company saw the car with full veilside body kit, they jumped my insurance up from 750 6mo to 1680 6mo. I'm done with fixing up cars, and just want a sporty confy ride.
Anyways, sorry if you didn't mean to make it sound anything offenssive, and thanks for the reply. Well...I guess I'll try to look for stock 17" from some where.
nohryi
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Re: well...thanks

Postby boaclub923 » Wed Mar 16, 2005 7:49 pm

nohryi wrote:hey....I know it's a girl color....but I don't think you had to critisize it that much....could of said it in a different way. This is just a play car where I don't plan on doing too much to it.
Had 300ZX before and when my insurance company saw the car with full veilside body kit, they jumped my insurance up from 750 6mo to 1680 6mo. I'm done with fixing up cars, and just want a sporty confy ride.
Anyways, sorry if you didn't mean to make it sound anything offenssive, and thanks for the reply. Well...I guess I'll try to look for stock 17" from some where.

um... well... let me more specific which part i agree....
red car is ok for me, just no chrome on red car plz...
boaclub923
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby nohryi » Wed Mar 16, 2005 7:56 pm

oooooooooooohhhhhhhhhh ok
well, i guess Im definately not getting chrome rims now LOL
Only thing I'm considering now is Rims, Factory ground effect(+spoiler), and HID(4300k).
Other then that, the door sill and the grill I see in this forums sound great too. I wonder what happened to that door sill thing......are there really gonna be a group buy anytime soon?
nohryi
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby slingshot » Wed Mar 16, 2005 9:44 pm

Nohryi, welcome to the forum and hope you enjoy your nice red new car. Don't wait for a door sill group buy anytime soon. I ended up getting mine from the Toyota dealership website mentioned in the previous thread on the topic.
2004 SLE V6 with NAV/VSC/TRAC/Curtain air
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/963151/1
slingshot
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby dvdchris45 » Wed Mar 16, 2005 11:54 pm

"WHORE RED" hahahah maybe toyota can change it to "ABSOLUTELY WHORE". I got nothing against the color though, just avoid chrome. You might wanna consider some of those 16'' Kragen spinners. Now that $hit is phat my drizzle. Welcome to the forums.

...::I'll teach ya how to stunt:: now you cant see me in my Solara SE got smoke grey tiiiiiiiints
<b>04 Desert Sand V6</b>
<i>Injen + Magnaflow </i>
<i>TRD FSTB + RSB</i>
<i>HID + A/V + iPod</i>
dvdchris45
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Set of factory wheels

Postby TranSolara » Thu Mar 17, 2005 7:15 am

nohryi,

I just got a set of gunmetal factory wheels. I have my factory silver wheels for sale for $400 plus shipping.

I'll send some pictures if you are interested. Look for my post in the for sale forum.

David
TranSolara
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby Justaplaythang » Thu Mar 17, 2005 10:06 am

agreed, no chrome
Last edited by Justaplaythang on Mon Oct 20, 2008 4:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Justaplaythang
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby cdeez » Thu Mar 17, 2005 1:24 pm

welcome, throw some black 20's on it w/a fat chrome lip..and tint the windows black as heck..you should be straight...

oh yeah, dump that thang...trust your insurance won't go up..or like my nika milt said...change insurance companies...
last standing...
Socalara...
cdeez
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby NVDIS1 » Thu Mar 17, 2005 1:36 pm

welcome :) check out my red ryde w/19's
http://members.cardomain.com/rgztoy
NVDIS1
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby shidosha01 » Thu Mar 17, 2005 5:46 pm

I love my friend JoeB's "Red Knight" Solara. I used to have a Red one too and still call the car "tabasco". :wink:
Rizal D. / Forever "tabasco"
99 V6 SE 5spd FT61 1MZ-FTE
393whp/445ft-lbs. TQ @15psi
shidosha01
Mod Alumni
Mod Alumni

Next

Return to Introductions