[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Front license plate in Cali.
New and Old SolaraGuy members should post a hello message here to let everyone know who you are. Tell us about your Solara! We want to know.

Front license plate in Cali.

Postby ThatVietGuy » Tue Jun 28, 2005 2:12 pm

1st Gen Sol wrote:
ThatVietGuy wrote:I really, REALLY think that police have better things to do than bust people without front plates.

^^^^ you'd be surprised what cops will do if its the end of the month and they wanna meet there quota for a raise.

Ummm, maybe in California they have better things to do :-?

But I have my license plate in the front windshield, does it really matter?
ThatVietGuy
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby CHRIS CLUTCH » Tue Jun 28, 2005 5:09 pm

Yeah cops in OC don't seem to really trip too hard. I had one start to follow me yesterday but he was chill and just went around me. Good thing cuase my license is expired! But I'm fixing all that.
ImageImage
CHRIS CLUTCH
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby 1st Gen Sol » Wed Jun 29, 2005 7:33 pm

ThatVietGuy wrote:Ummm, maybe in California they have better things to do :-?

But I have my license plate in the front windshield, does it really matter?

Come down to New York, cops over here are already making the cheddah and wanna make more.......Having the front plate on the dashboard is tolerated but if you get the right cop having a bad day or looking to give you a ticket to make quota they will........dunno how the cops are in kali. if there more lenient I wish I was in kali.

I don't have a front plate as you can see on my avatar b/c I think it looks cleaner and I intend to keep it that way, don't even have a front plate on the dashboard.......but towards the end of the month its there when I drive out.
1st Gen Sol
Stock Sleeper
Stock Sleeper

Postby ThatVietGuy » Thu Jun 30, 2005 2:54 am

--1LOKEDOUTSLE-- wrote:
CHRIS CLUTCH wrote:Yeah cops in OC don't seem to really trip too hard. I had one start to follow me yesterday but he was chill and just went around me. Good thing cuase my license is expired! But I'm fixing all that.

Another factor would be your'e WHITE.......

You make a very good argument...
ThatVietGuy
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby edmf88 » Fri Jul 01, 2005 9:47 am

Yeah, loked out makes a good point. Im a cracker and every time I go to the street races and the meets in Fullerton the cops just walk by me and my homies even if they are writing everybody else up tickets... I guess its a positive benefit!
1999 SE V6 5spd in Diamond White Pearl
edmf88
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby Hsakuragi » Fri Jul 01, 2005 10:47 am

100 bucks per tix if ur car is in sf...but fix it is 10
The ONE & ONLY Fully Loaded 2006 X Avalon Limited with Body Kit in CA = Special Limited Edition + First 2GR-FE rebored the throttle body (i think...)

Hsakuragi
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby dominoSLEV6 » Sat Jul 02, 2005 8:48 pm

Ahhhh good old Florida, no front plate law :D .

Also, I don't know about best looking license plate going to California. Standard yours are better than mine, but I have the Florida panther plate (not the hockey team one) and it's pretty nice. I like it especially because it doesn't have that ugly orange and green on it, and the type color matches my car.

-chris
It will run one day, RPMs EVERYWHERE!
dominoSLEV6
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby CHRIS CLUTCH » Sun Jul 03, 2005 12:34 pm

--1LOKEDOUTSLE-- wrote:
CHRIS CLUTCH wrote:Yeah cops in OC don't seem to really trip too hard. I had one start to follow me yesterday but he was chill and just went around me. Good thing cuase my license is expired! But I'm fixing all that.

Another factor would be your'e WHITE.......

That's right...I am white...you're perceptive Milt... :lol: I know what ya mean though. If I go to Newport Beach or Laguna with my "homies" the cops always sweat us. Funny how things work in the OC.
ImageImage
CHRIS CLUTCH
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby dssdoc » Tue Jul 26, 2005 5:31 pm

Re front plates: I don't mind having one, if there's a bracket so it won't get badly dinged from idiots backing into me when they park.

Right now, I've got the dealer's plastic ad, gotta spend a few bucks.

Anyone know of any bracket that blends with the curves on the front bumper (the Toyota brochure is NO help here).

Thanks.
Bill
dssdoc
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Previous

Return to Introductions