[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Whats up
New and Old SolaraGuy members should post a hello message here to let everyone know who you are. Tell us about your Solara! We want to know.

Whats up

Whats up

Postby kubi » Mon Mar 17, 2003 9:17 am

Well I've actually had my Solara for over a year now, and I've actually watched this board for quite a while, but never registered until now. I have a 2002 4-Cylinder Solara. When I was at the dealerships trying to find a V6 Manual I had two dealerships tell me they didn't exist, which I told him was complete crap since I've driven them before. Finally it came down to having to wait 9 months to get a manual V6, which I couldn't wait ;) Thus I am stuck with my 4-Cylinder until I figure out some way to get rid of it. The pathetic thing is the V6 wasn't that much more expensive if I had waited the 9 months.

I bought a Solara because I love to drive, and I usually have people with me. Driving 600 miles with 5 people in an Eclipse doesn't work so well. Solaras are the perfect balance between a luxury car and a sports car in my eyes. My car is slightly over a year old and has about 37k miles on it, if that gives you any idea. I am in love with my Solara :)
kubi
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby DavPak » Mon Mar 17, 2003 9:30 am

holy cow you do drive a lot!!

welcome to the boards. as you probably already know, people around here can be very helpful.
'02 Solara S/C'ed V6 5-spd
DavPak
Mod Alumni
Mod Alumni

Postby krook » Mon Mar 17, 2003 12:05 pm

welcome to the boards! :D
krook
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby Yanks0114 » Mon Mar 17, 2003 1:12 pm

If you like to drive then the toyota is the perfect car for you. Confortable and reliable :D

Welcome man
Yanks0114
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby happy_aggies » Mon Mar 17, 2003 1:13 pm

Welcome!
'99 Autumn Red Solara SE Auto S/C 1MZ-FE w/ JIC Exhaust
http://www.cardomain.com/id/happy_aggies
happy_aggies
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby Peter » Mon Mar 17, 2003 4:20 pm

is ur 4 cyl a manual? you should of waited for the v6 manual, if u love to drive, it woulda been worth the wait...but i understand, 9 months is way too long. anyway, welcome to the forum
Peter's "Black Sheep"
-1999 Toyota Solara SE V6 Black 5 Speed

Visit Black Sheep
Peter
Mod Alumni
Mod Alumni

Postby kubi » Mon Mar 17, 2003 5:23 pm

Of course it's a manual, who would want an automatic?! Heh. I just saw the post about the 4-cyl supercharger, too bad it won't go in a 2002. And yes, I do drive a lot! I also love music, though, so I just threw a nice system in and I'm good to go.
kubi
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Flipside909 » Mon Mar 17, 2003 5:51 pm

kubi wrote:Of course it's a manual, who would want an automatic?! Heh.

Haha I agree! :lol: And welcome.
www.clublexus.com

Solaraguy.com OG. ;)
Flipside909
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby TadS » Mon Mar 17, 2003 6:24 pm

kubi wrote:Of course it's a manual, who would want an automatic?!

I would want an automatic :). I still don't get the attraction to the MT, but hey it's all good. I am glad they have both, so we can all be happy :).
Let's just pretend I didn't grow up, or you're going to be terribly disappointed.
TadS
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Return to Introductions