[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Hello All
New and Old SolaraGuy members should post a hello message here to let everyone know who you are. Tell us about your Solara! We want to know.

Hello All

Hello All

Postby MikeD » Thu Mar 27, 2003 12:10 am

I happened to stumble on these forums while looking for info about my car

I have a 2003 Solara SLE V6... everything on it is still stock...have had it since the beginning of Jan and each day I become happier with my purchase.

Looking forward to learning about my new car...
MikeD
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby krook » Thu Mar 27, 2003 4:32 am

whoa '03 sle? niiice..

welcome to the boards!
krook
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby Peter » Thu Mar 27, 2003 7:54 am

welcome to the boards. im sure you'll be happy with the support you can get about your car here. what color is your car? what do you plan on doing to your car?
Peter's "Black Sheep"
-1999 Toyota Solara SE V6 Black 5 Speed

Visit Black Sheep
Peter
Mod Alumni
Mod Alumni

Re: Hello All

Postby Flipside909 » Thu Mar 27, 2003 8:50 am

MikeD wrote:I happened to stumble on these forums while looking for info about my car

I have a 2003 Solara SLE V6... everything on it is still stock...have had it since the beginning of Jan and each day I become happier with my purchase.

Looking forward to learning about my new car...

Welcome! You will enjoy your Solara more in the coming years...especially after a few nice upgrades like suspension, wheels, S/C, exhaust and etc. :D
www.clublexus.com

Solaraguy.com OG. ;)
Flipside909
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Re: Hello All

Postby Yanks0114 » Thu Mar 27, 2003 10:19 am

Flipside909 wrote:Welcome! You will enjoy your Solara more in the coming years...especially after a few nice upgrades like suspension, wheels, S/C, exhaust and etc. :D

Definately. Those mods really make the car a lot more fun. The solara is a great practical car. Welcome to the boards man
Yanks0114
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby MikeD » Thu Mar 27, 2003 7:52 pm

Peter wrote:welcome to the boards. im sure you'll be happy with the support you can get about your car here. what color is your car? what do you plan on doing to your car?

My car is black... as for planned mods, I have nothing in store yet, except to get the windows tinted... I probably get an idea or two from these forums and looking at other Solaras...
--2003 Solara SLE V6--
MikeD
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby Peter » Thu Mar 27, 2003 10:40 pm

yeah! another black car! welcome to the family :D
Peter's "Black Sheep"
-1999 Toyota Solara SE V6 Black 5 Speed

Visit Black Sheep
Peter
Mod Alumni
Mod Alumni

Postby cdssolara » Fri Mar 28, 2003 1:30 am

If you're looking for ideas, start with the suspension. The Solara in stock form is just too soft and floaty. It was built with comfort in mind, but as a result, the handling suffers. My first mod was to upgrade the springs and struts, and I was very happy with the results. I think you'll get a lot of agreement on this from other members of this forum.
cdssolara
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby happy_aggies » Fri Mar 28, 2003 8:20 am

Spring and struts 2 start! Could not agree more.
Uhm... perhaps K&N Drop is not bad either. (cheaper)
'99 Autumn Red Solara SE Auto S/C 1MZ-FE w/ JIC Exhaust
http://www.cardomain.com/id/happy_aggies
happy_aggies
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Return to Introductions