[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - help me!!!
New and Old SolaraGuy members should post a hello message here to let everyone know who you are. Tell us about your Solara! We want to know.

help me!!!

help me!!!

Postby alexandra » Thu Mar 27, 2003 8:25 am

hey guys! im new here. i REALLY REALY REALLY want a solara... REALLY.

however...

i am hearing SUCH bad mixed reviews! one person will say its the best car they ever owned, one will say its soo terrible! id love to hear your opinions on how yours is, please email me! LtotheEtotheX@hotmail.com

thanks tons!

alexandra
alexandra
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Re: help me!!!

Postby Flipside909 » Thu Mar 27, 2003 8:49 am

alexandra wrote:hey guys! im new here. i REALLY REALY REALLY want a solara... REALLY.

however...

i am hearing SUCH bad mixed reviews! one person will say its the best car they ever owned, one will say its soo terrible! id love to hear your opinions on how yours is, please email me! LtotheEtotheX@hotmail.com

thanks tons!

alexandra

Bad mixed reviews? You're probably asking the wrong crowd...or better yet the same 2 people you've asked time and time again. I'm sure of it 99% of the people here will rave about their Solara.
www.clublexus.com

Solaraguy.com OG. ;)
Flipside909
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby Yanks0114 » Thu Mar 27, 2003 10:21 am

Not only will all the solara owners here rave about their cars, the solara is very highly rated. The only complaints reviewers ever have can easily be corrected by a few mods, but even with a stock solara I have no complaints :D
Yanks0114
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby Jackass-Jeff » Thu Mar 27, 2003 11:09 am

The only bad parts about the Solara would be

"boat like" steering (not as bad as american "boats" but pretty bad. it's for the comfy ride)
that can be corrected w/ stiffer shocks

lack of power, (in the v6 area) there is a trd super charger avail. to boost the power

no more v6 manual... can't really fix that =\

other than that, i'd say it's a really good buy :D
1GR-FE ftw!
Jackass-Jeff
SolaraGuy Hall of Famer
SolaraGuy Hall of Famer

Postby Peter » Thu Mar 27, 2003 1:00 pm

definately an a+ car :wink: only complaint i had was suspension. fixed that with strut/spring/rsb :D
Peter's "Black Sheep"
-1999 Toyota Solara SE V6 Black 5 Speed

Visit Black Sheep
Peter
Mod Alumni
Mod Alumni

Postby NASTY » Thu Mar 27, 2003 6:30 pm

yeah, i agree with everyone else
nothing bad that cant be corrected with an aftermarket suspension (unless you dont care much for good handling)
lots of room, very comfortable, cant go wrong with toyota quality!
and i still think its one of the nicest looking cars!
'01 SLE V6
NASTY
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby Peter » Thu Mar 27, 2003 10:40 pm

dont forget, toyota is very reliable. if you plan on keeping the car till it dies on you, expect to have it for a good 200k miles plus!
Peter's "Black Sheep"

Visit Black Sheep
Peter
Mod Alumni
Mod Alumni

Postby Missay » Fri Mar 28, 2003 2:07 pm

Peter wrote: only complaint i had was suspension. :D

Hey, Alexandra..for all you know you'll like the luxury-feeling suspension.

just go test drive one! you'll know exactly what decision to make as soon as you get behind the wheel :lol:
Melissa
Missay
SolaraGuy Ambassador
SolaraGuy Ambassador

Re: help me!!!

Postby lightear » Tue Apr 01, 2003 12:36 am

alexandra wrote:...they ever owned, one will say its soo terrible!...

he/she/they just jealous. THey probably rented it or something. Never owned one I'm sure.
lightear
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby TadS » Tue Apr 01, 2003 1:16 pm

Peter wrote:dont forget, toyota is very reliable. if you plan on keeping the car till it dies on you, expect to have it for a good 200k miles plus!

Heh. My parents traded in a 93 Camry, (5S-FE) I think, with over 300k :). They won't die if you drive them nice.
Let's just pretend I didn't grow up, or you're going to be terribly disappointed.
TadS
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby Peter » Tue Apr 01, 2003 4:21 pm

im pretty sure everone on this forum drive their car hard. :D i know i do, i should though. i've been coolin down since gas prices gone up though, so in a way, high gas prices are good for my car :P
Peter's "Black Sheep"

Visit Black Sheep
Peter
Mod Alumni
Mod Alumni

Postby Yanks0114 » Tue Apr 01, 2003 4:28 pm

Peter wrote:im pretty sure everone on this forum drive their car hard. :D i know i do, i should though. i've been coolin down since gas prices gone up though, so in a way, high gas prices are good for my car :P

Agreed. We bought a great reliable car, we should get to enjoy it, every aspect of it. Including the accelerator :D Gas prices are killer, and the easy coast is not as expensive as CA
Yanks0114
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby AzN_DrAgoN48 » Tue Apr 01, 2003 5:07 pm

it actually came down here in chicago, its about 1.89 per gallon for 93 octane
2001 Dark Blue Solara SE V6
8000k Osram HID
Silverstars fogs
Clear Corners
Passport 8500 Hardwired
Two Alpine 12" Type R Subs
JBL BP600.1
AzN_DrAgoN48
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Hsakuragi » Tue Apr 01, 2003 5:22 pm

That's cheap!
The ONE & ONLY Fully Loaded 2006 X Avalon Limited with Body Kit in CA = Special Limited Edition + First 2GR-FE rebored the throttle body (i think...)

Hsakuragi
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby Flipside909 » Tue Apr 01, 2003 5:30 pm

Yeah gas in NorCal is actually cheaper than SoCal. The cheapest I saw premium at Chevron was $2.19 and 2.05 for unleaded in Castro Valley. Down here, the prices are slowly falling but premium at Chevron is $2.37 and $2.07 for unleaded in Ontario.
www.clublexus.com

Solaraguy.com OG. ;)
Flipside909
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Next

Return to Introductions