[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Hello!!
New and Old SolaraGuy members should post a hello message here to let everyone know who you are. Tell us about your Solara! We want to know.

Hello!!

Postby AzN_DrAgoN48 » Mon Apr 07, 2003 8:26 pm

i got a solara for my 16 bday. first car, and i love every moment in it. each time i sit in it, each time i look at it parked, it feels sooo unreal. each time i say to myself, "i can't believe this is mine" lol i might sound crazy. i love my choice and i'm sticking with it. first things i did was lights. next were the clear corners, and next on my to do list is system need cash
2001 Dark Blue Solara SE V6
8000k Osram HID
Silverstars fogs
Clear Corners
Passport 8500 Hardwired
Two Alpine 12" Type R Subs
JBL BP600.1
AzN_DrAgoN48
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Peter » Mon Apr 07, 2003 9:29 pm

solara nytez wrote:
speedgraphix wrote:Thanks.. and Happy Birthday!! Yah, Ill baby her, first thing to get done.. tints.. then we will work from there, still scoping everything out.. if you have any hints or recommendations for fixin her up.. let me know
Nicole

Since your car is black, Id say go limo black tint all the way!! as for other things... maybe Peter could help you out since his car is black... btw peter nice job so far! 8)

hey, thanks. as for suggestions. you can do all the little things like shave emblems and maybe paint ur grill if u dont like the chrome. people always get rims before they drop their car, but IMO dropping it first is better. its all up to you, but if u wanna do all exterior mods, drop it and get some dark rims. i love dark rims on black cars :D and if u want performace, you can browse around the forum and get tons of ideas.
Peter's "Black Sheep"
-1999 Toyota Solara SE V6 Black 5 Speed

Visit Black Sheep
Peter
Mod Alumni
Mod Alumni

Postby speedgraphix » Tue Apr 08, 2003 7:24 am

Actually.. the rims that are on the car are 5 spoke 16".. stock.. but theyre pretty decent (for stock). I think Im going to drop the car before I go and spend money on rims. Any websites you recommend?
speedgraphix
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby lightear » Tue Apr 08, 2003 9:02 am

kubi wrote:Lucky. My birthday is today and my parents forgot it ;)

That's messed up. And...WELCOME NIcOLE!
lightear
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Flipside909 » Tue Apr 08, 2003 11:22 am

speedgraphix wrote:Actually.. the rims that are on the car are 5 spoke 16".. stock.. but theyre pretty decent (for stock). I think Im going to drop the car before I go and spend money on rims. Any websites you recommend?

www.shox.com
www.clublexus.com

Solaraguy.com OG. ;)
Flipside909
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby Yanks0114 » Tue Apr 08, 2003 3:46 pm

Flipside909 wrote:
speedgraphix wrote:Actually.. the rims that are on the car are 5 spoke 16".. stock.. but theyre pretty decent (for stock). I think Im going to drop the car before I go and spend money on rims. Any websites you recommend?

www.shox.com

Good call on dropping the car. Currently there is a group buy on the eibach springs from shox. $182.95 :D
Yanks0114
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby Yanks0114 » Tue Apr 08, 2003 4:36 pm

Heres the Link for vogtland springs
http://www.zer0.info/solaraguy/viewtopic.php?t=2840

Also here is the link for the tokico/eibach setup

http://www.zer0.info/solaraguy/viewtopi ... ight=daryl
Yanks0114
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby speedgraphix » Tue Apr 08, 2003 6:11 pm

what about coilovers??
speedgraphix
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby Yanks0114 » Tue Apr 08, 2003 8:51 pm

speedgraphix wrote:what about coilovers??

If you plan to get real coil overs prepare to shell out the big bucks. JIC makes the FLT-A2 which run about $1600 and the SF-1 which run around $1300. Ground control makes coilover sleeves which are garbage.
Yanks0114
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby Peter » Tue Apr 08, 2003 10:47 pm

speedgraphix wrote:what about coilovers??

or u can be a test bunny for the tein/tokico combo :D
Peter's "Black Sheep"
-1999 Toyota Solara SE V6 Black 5 Speed

Visit Black Sheep
Peter
Mod Alumni
Mod Alumni

Postby speedgraphix » Wed Apr 09, 2003 11:20 am

I got a request from shox.com.. they said b&g coilovers are $l049.. when i went to b&gs website..they were priced at like over 2grand!!! but.. does anyone know anything about them?
speedgraphix
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby Flipside909 » Wed Apr 09, 2003 12:10 pm

speedgraphix wrote:I got a request from shox.com.. they said b&g coilovers are $l049.. when i went to b&gs website..they were priced at like over 2grand!!! but.. does anyone know anything about them?

B&G is a small company. Not really popular with the Camry/Solara crowd. JIC Magic does sell the SF1 and FLT-A2. If you really want comfort...especially if your car is a daily driver, a coilover system isn't for you. Stick with the Eibach/Tokico combo.
www.clublexus.com

Solaraguy.com OG. ;)
Flipside909
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby Missay » Fri Apr 11, 2003 10:44 pm

Hey! Welcome..another girl! Some more estrogen to level off the outta control testosterone around here! :wink:

Can we switch parents?? my dad paid my whole $53.75 excise(sp?) tax and made sure he rubbed it in my face. (although, I think I'm going to be able to bum an inspection sticker off him tomorrow..hehe..,speaking of bday-s..it was luv's bday on april 2nd! I can't believe i've had her a year and the novelty still hasn't worn off)

happy bday!!

(flip?? you're 23 already??? damn..I ddn't realize that you were like 4-5 years older than me)
Melissa
Missay
SolaraGuy Ambassador
SolaraGuy Ambassador

Postby speedgraphix » Sat Apr 12, 2003 4:03 am

thanks missay.. well ive given it some thought as to what im going to do.. since i like the trd solara, and trd is well.. manufactured by toyota specifically for toyotas... i think im gonna stick with that.. it may take a while, and i might change my mind a bit here and there.. but i think its a good starting point.
ps..theres this black rubber hemisphere thingie on the right side of the dash on the interior.. does anyone know what that thing is??? i havent a clue!
Nicole
speedgraphix
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby NASTY » Sat Apr 12, 2003 6:51 am

speedgraphix wrote:ps..theres this black rubber hemisphere thingie on the right side of the dash on the interior.. does anyone know what that thing is??? i havent a clue!
Nicole

theres one on both sides, slightly different
umm i remember one was the light sensor (turns lights on automatically when its dark) and i forget what the other one was
'01 SLE V6
NASTY
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

PreviousNext

Return to Introductions