[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Hello, Forum!
New and Old SolaraGuy members should post a hello message here to let everyone know who you are. Tell us about your Solara! We want to know.

Hello, Forum!

Hello, Forum!

Postby kronos98 » Sat Apr 12, 2003 7:29 am

As a late graduation gift, my parents bought me a Metallic Black '99 Solara SE V6 last summer...and I'm loving it!

I used to drive an '88 Camry for like 2 years. My parents kept it in really good shape (190,000+ miles!), but I needed a "dependable" car to take me back and forth from college. Hehe...now my little sister in highschool gets to complain about driving around that old thing. :D

Some info about me: I am a horrible driver when it comes to fuel efficiency -- I don't even try to resist the urge to floor the pedal when another car pisses me off :evilbat: Doh. And I always have incidents with those damn European cars... a few times with Audi TTs and other times with A4s. I guess the cars aren't bad, but I hate their freakin' drivers!! Grr... I used to smoke them with my mom's turbo-charged Saab :evil:

My car is still completely unmodified. I bought an Infinity Reference Series 1020W 10" subwoofer (250W RMS) and plan to get a SubZone Z Series ported enclosure and a US Acoustics amp. That'll be my fist mod :bday:

Eventually, after I find a decent part-time job, I'll start saving up money to do some other things...S/C, body kits, lights, ground FXs, etc.

I'm just really glad to have found this forum. You guys are absolutely awesome! Flip is incredible, and the chicks are quite impressive 8)

Anyways, I'll be posting lots of questions, probably until you get sick of me :lol:
Last edited by kronos98 on Sat Apr 12, 2003 2:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kronos98
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Re: Hello, Forum!

Postby Flipside909 » Sat Apr 12, 2003 9:06 am

Congrats and welcome! :)
www.clublexus.com

Solaraguy.com OG. ;)
Flipside909
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby Yanks0114 » Sat Apr 12, 2003 10:31 am

Welcome to the forum. Where you going to school?
Yanks0114
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby krook » Sat Apr 12, 2003 2:24 pm

kronos98 wrote:Eventually, after I find a decent part-time job, I'll start saving up money to do some other things...S/C, body kids, lights, ground FXs, etc.

I'm just really glad to have found this forum. You guys are absolutely awesome! Flip is incredible, and the chicks are quite impressive 8)

Anyways, I'll be posting lots of questions, probably until you get sick of me :lol:

welcome kronos98! "body kids???" ground FX's??? aren't they the same thing? well, actually body KIT. :D hahah

just messin' with ya...welcome to the boards!
krook
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby kronos98 » Sat Apr 12, 2003 2:36 pm

Haha...Body Kits

I'm at Ohio State University. The school's so-so...but lots of parties :drinking:
kronos98
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Peter » Sat Apr 12, 2003 4:11 pm

at least he's not as bad and u know who.... :o
Peter's "Black Sheep"
-1999 Toyota Solara SE V6 Black 5 Speed

Visit Black Sheep
Peter
Mod Alumni
Mod Alumni

Postby NASTY » Sat Apr 12, 2003 4:43 pm

kronos98 wrote:...but lots of parties :drinking:

and thats the important part!

welcome!
'01 SLE V6
NASTY
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby krook » Sat Apr 12, 2003 5:43 pm

yah, seriously....

jules says:

hahaha...j/k "you know who.. . "
krook
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby Flipside909 » Sun Apr 13, 2003 4:12 pm

Damn straight! heh heh heh.
www.clublexus.com

Solaraguy.com OG. ;)
Flipside909
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby Peter » Sun Apr 13, 2003 10:14 pm

krooked Solara wrote:yah, seriously....

jules says:

hahaha...j/k "you know who.. . "

haha, good one
Peter's "Black Sheep"
-1999 Toyota Solara SE V6 Black 5 Speed

Visit Black Sheep
Peter
Mod Alumni
Mod Alumni

Postby Missay » Mon Apr 14, 2003 12:36 pm

kronos98 wrote: You guys are absolutely awesome! Flip is incredible, and the chicks are quite impressive 8)

I like this guy already :drinking:
Melissa
Missay
SolaraGuy Ambassador
SolaraGuy Ambassador

Postby kronos98 » Tue Apr 15, 2003 12:16 pm

haha

what's an ambassador?
kronos98
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Yanks0114 » Tue Apr 15, 2003 1:43 pm

kronos98 wrote:haha

what's an ambassador?

The actual definition is:
"A diplomatic official of the highest rank appointed and accredited as representative in residence by one government or sovereign to another, usually for a specific length of time. "

The reason Missay is the solaraguy ambassador is because she is always defending the newbies and brings out the best in all of us. She also prevents all the solaraguy members from arguing too much. Shes more like our mom :D She looks after us and makes sure no ones feelings get hurt.
Yanks0114
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby Flipside909 » Tue Apr 15, 2003 4:45 pm

Yanks0114 wrote:
kronos98 wrote:haha

what's an ambassador?

The actual definition is:
"A diplomatic official of the highest rank appointed and accredited as representative in residence by one government or sovereign to another, usually for a specific length of time. "

The reason Missay is the solaraguy ambassador is because she is always defending the newbies and brings out the best in all of us. She also prevents all the solaraguy members from arguing too much. Shes more like our mom :D She looks after us and makes sure no ones feelings get hurt.

Basically, Missay puts me in check...ummm well not really. :D
www.clublexus.com

Solaraguy.com OG. ;)
Flipside909
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby Missay » Tue Apr 15, 2003 6:27 pm

Flipside909 wrote:Basically, Missay puts me in check...ummm well not really. :D

Hey, watch it, ryan :wink: You're already down a cookie point after that last uncalled for, lashing out at at BAsolara in the "wreck" post.

and you thought you had to beg last time! :angel:

Aww..thanks, Ross...for some reason it makes me feel so bubbley inside to have you guys call me "mom". lol..j/k
Melissa
Missay
SolaraGuy Ambassador
SolaraGuy Ambassador

Next

Return to Introductions