[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - hey all
New and Old SolaraGuy members should post a hello message here to let everyone know who you are. Tell us about your Solara! We want to know.

hey all

hey all

Postby robi-wan » Wed Apr 16, 2003 6:09 pm

Hey, I've been reading/searching over the forum for a few days now and it seems to be a very nice community. A few days ago I bought a 1999 black Solara SLE V6 (was deciding on a Solara or a 2 door Accord..the 1999-2002? bodystyle). I'd take some pictures but it's nothing special now, all stock...plus I don't have a digital camera..(hmm...birthday coming up...). Unfortunatly it is an automatic :cry: due to the fact I had a hard time finding a manual and another family member who might need to use the vehicle in "an emergency situation" neither has the knowledge or the willpower to learn stick. bah. oh well, in a few more years we'll see. kind of a shame though because I love manual, I just feel you have more control. anyways.... It is still a very nice car and i just see myself doing a few modifications that i'll probably ask about after some research on my own. As for performance ones, i'm thinking suspension & exhast (any other recomendations?), but we will see. I don't want to do too much, since I'd get better performance in a manual, but just a few things here and there that aren't engine related. I'm not intrested in being the fastest car on the block. Just a nice quick car for driving around town and burning the occasional riced out civic 8)

Anyway, hello! and glad to be a new member and all. :D
robi-wan
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Re: hey all

Postby Flipside909 » Wed Apr 16, 2003 6:29 pm

robi-wan wrote:Hey, I've been reading/searching over the forum for a few days now and it seems to be a very nice community. A few days ago I bought a 1999 black Solara SLE V6 (was deciding on a Solara or a 2 door Accord..the 1999-2002? bodystyle). I'd take some pictures but it's nothing special now, all stock...plus I don't have a digital camera..(hmm...birthday coming up...). Unfortunatly it is an automatic :cry: due to the fact I had a hard time finding a manual and another family member who might need to use the vehicle in "an emergency situation" neither has the knowledge or the willpower to learn stick. bah. oh well, in a few more years we'll see. kind of a shame though because I love manual, I just feel you have more control. anyways.... It is still a very nice car and i just see myself doing a few modifications that i'll probably ask about after some research on my own. As for performance ones, i'm thinking suspension & exhast (any other recomendations?), but we will see. I don't want to do too much, since I'd get better performance in a manual, but just a few things here and there that aren't engine related. I'm not intrested in being the fastest car on the block. Just a nice quick car for driving around town and burning the occasional riced out civic 8)

Anyway, hello! and glad to be a new member and all. :D

Welcome! start with Eibach/Tokico suspension upgrade first. Then look for the Greddy Evo, Apex World Sport or JIC Bullet catbacks...then look for the S/C then possibly larger rims. :D

Here's my car for your references:
http://www.cardomain.com/id/flipside909
www.clublexus.com

Solaraguy.com OG. ;)
Flipside909
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby Yanks0114 » Wed Apr 16, 2003 6:56 pm

Welcome man. As flip mentioned above the suspension is one of the best dollar for dollar mods you can do. Its definately worth it. Congrats on the car
Yanks0114
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby happy_aggies » Wed Apr 16, 2003 7:33 pm

RSB. :D
'99 Autumn Red Solara SE Auto S/C 1MZ-FE w/ JIC Exhaust
http://www.cardomain.com/id/happy_aggies
happy_aggies
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby krook » Wed Apr 16, 2003 7:54 pm

welcome to the boards! great car...sounds nice! there's currently a deal on the tokico struts as well as the eibach or vogtland springs if you're interested in upgrading your suspension. good luck and happy modding!
krook
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Return to Introductions