[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - introductions
New and Old SolaraGuy members should post a hello message here to let everyone know who you are. Tell us about your Solara! We want to know.

introductions

Postby Jakecallun20 » Sat Aug 02, 2008 9:21 pm

Welcome William! Awesome selection of a car, post up some pictures of the Cam and of your Solara.

Cheers. 8)
02' AV6 Accord Coupe- Daily
86' Mercedes 560SL- Project
99' Solara SLE V6- Sold 09/19/09 :(
Jakecallun20
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby silvergoose » Sat Aug 02, 2008 9:23 pm

thanks BLACK V6, I hope I am doing this correctly...
here is the past, my old 1995 Camry V6XLE, made to a little over 260,000 miles...
This was taken maybe a month before it was totaled.

The present, my 2000 Solara V6SE, although this was taken maybe 2 weeks after I first got it...

More pictures, and pictures of my simple ACIS redirect, as well as a good explanation, to follow. Depending on when I wake up, I will wash the Silver Goose (my buds at work call the car that and it caught on) and take pics of it's more ricey look.
2000 Camry Solara V6SE.
Planning to RACE OUT this car
silvergoose
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Re: introductions

Postby BLACK V6 » Sat Aug 02, 2008 10:02 pm

silvergoose wrote: I also have put silver taillights and clear corners on the front.

I might sound like a noob but I dont know what you mean by "silver" taillights. Could someone explain?
2002 Desert Silver Metallic RSX Type S

BLACK V6
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby silvergoose » Sat Aug 02, 2008 10:04 pm

What I meant by "silver" taillights, is the Altezza, or Euro style taillights, in the silver/chrome inside variation. I still have the original taillights lying around, in case I decide to change the style somewhere down the road.
2000 Camry Solara V6SE.
silvergoose
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby BLACK V6 » Sat Aug 02, 2008 10:15 pm

oh, :lol: okay I was just curious.
2002 Desert Silver Metallic RSX Type S

BLACK V6
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Re: introductions

Postby silvergoose » Sat Jun 16, 2012 5:22 pm

It's been a very long time since I was on this forum...
in April of last year this car, the Silver Goose was totalled in a park. It has been replaced by a 1984 Celica Supra. I would have loved to show off more stuff that I had done to this Solara, such as a full exhaust system and a rear Whiteline swaybar, but I just never had time I guess. I was reminded of the Silver Goose today at work we had a red 2000 Solara come in. Made me kind of miss the old (well I feel weird calling it old) bucket.

I'm glad I got the chance to see this forum as it gave me so many ideas and showed me that any Toyota model can invoke love and enthusiasm from it's owners and in turn, maybe make the cars that much greater. My thanks to everyone in the community here, and please keep running.
2000 Camry Solara V6SE.
silvergoose
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Previous

Return to Introductions