[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Just bought a 2003 Solara last month
New and Old SolaraGuy members should post a hello message here to let everyone know who you are. Tell us about your Solara! We want to know.

Just bought a 2003 Solara last month

Just bought a 2003 Solara last month

Postby tiredolddog » Wed Jun 18, 2003 8:33 pm

Hi, my name is Chuck and I just bought a 2003 silver Solara SE on May 1, 2003.

You can see it here:

http://www.cardomain.com/id/tiredolddog

I need a name and some ideas on making it mine. (mods).

The Solara is a replacement for my 1991 Toyota Corolla DX, which I bought new and put 152,000 miles on.
tiredolddog
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby happy_aggies » Thu Jun 19, 2003 4:54 am

Congrats n Welcome 2 the forum! :D
'99 Autumn Red Solara SE Auto S/C 1MZ-FE w/ JIC Exhaust
http://www.cardomain.com/id/happy_aggies
happy_aggies
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby TXSolaraSLE » Thu Jun 19, 2003 8:35 am

My girlfriend always names cars by their license plates..so like mine has KTJ in it, so she calls it Katie. That at least makes it interesting. What kind of mods and budget do you have in mind? Performance, appearance, audio/video?
'99 Black Solara SLE
18" Mille Miglia Evo5
Yokohama AVS ES100
Indiglo Gauges
Kicker KSR100
K&N Filter
Xenon Headlights & License plate bulbs
TXSolaraSLE
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Thanks

Postby tiredolddog » Thu Jun 19, 2003 2:26 pm

Happy_aggies and TXSolaraSLE,

Thanks for saying Hello.

Nice ride Happy_aggies! I really like the color.

TXSolaraSLE, my license plate letters are RSU..... so maybe Rachel or Rebecca... but I am also thinking about Sabrina or Samantha. I think I am leaning toward Sabrina at this point. As far as any planned modifications.... I am not really sure. I am quite pleased with the JBL audio system. I just upgraded from a 1991 Corolla DX, so the Solara is like heaven by comparason. It has twice the HP of the old car and the stereo kicks ass. I could barely hear the AM/FM/Cassette over the engine noise in my old car. I was thinking about some minor performance upgrades down the road.... maybe a K&N filter or a cold air intake.
tiredolddog
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby TXSolaraSLE » Mon Jun 23, 2003 8:16 am

well, looks like ya already did the logo so sabrina it is! yeah, k&n is an easy $45 mod that takes all of 2 minutes. Another good bang for your buck mod everyone recommends is the rear sway bar which there's plenty of info for on here if ya search. I love my stereo too, but i had to have some more low end, so i stuck the bass cannon from my old car back there and ran a stepdown from the rear speakers... i think its a sweet setup mixed with factory. whatever you're thinkin..let us know!
'99 Black Solara SLE
18" Mille Miglia Evo5
Yokohama AVS ES100
Indiglo Gauges
Kicker KSR100
K&N Filter
Xenon Headlights & License plate bulbs
TXSolaraSLE
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Return to Introductions