[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Plan to purchase next year.
New and Old SolaraGuy members should post a hello message here to let everyone know who you are. Tell us about your Solara! We want to know.

Plan to purchase next year.

Plan to purchase next year.

Postby Jmontigny » Fri Jun 20, 2003 11:35 am

Well I was bored and decided to register today. I plan to purchase a 2000 Solara Convertible next year. I am undecided about auto or stick since my wife will drive it most of the time. I plan to install the TRD supercharger the same week I get the car. In the mean time I plan to learn as much as I can about this platform.

I have been a parts manager for the last 11 yrs and a Hyundai parts manager for the last 5 years. I have owned more cars than I can count and modified several of them. The two most recent cars have been a 99 and a 02 Elantra. They have been a blast to drive in the twisties but only manage 16 second 1/4 mile times. My latest one is the best handling car to date for me. I am sure the Falken Azenis Sport tires are part of the reason.

So the Solara will be a daily driver with some balls along with our 2003 Honda Odyssey. The Elantra I will probably keep as a toy for autocross racing.
Jmontigny
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby DavPak » Fri Jun 20, 2003 11:45 am

welcome to the boards!

to narrow your decision down, toyota only made the convertible model in automatic. if you wanna talk to someone about modding it, ask RagtopGeorge, he's done a bunch!

welcome and i wish you luck in getting the solara!
'02 Solara S/C'ed V6 5-spd
DavPak
Mod Alumni
Mod Alumni

Postby Jmontigny » Fri Jun 20, 2003 11:59 am

I was planning to ask if they even offered a manual convertible. Well at least that makes my life easy. Automatic it is then. Thanks.
Jmontigny
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby happy_aggies » Mon Jun 23, 2003 6:17 am

Welcome!
'99 Autumn Red Solara SE Auto S/C 1MZ-FE w/ JIC Exhaust
http://www.cardomain.com/id/happy_aggies
happy_aggies
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Return to Introductions