[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - new to forum
New and Old SolaraGuy members should post a hello message here to let everyone know who you are. Tell us about your Solara! We want to know.

new to forum

new to forum

Postby boostto28 » Wed Jul 02, 2003 9:18 pm

i just bought a solara 99 sle v6. Love it so far. Stereo is pretty good and power is descent. The interior is really nice, i got tan leather interior. My car is gold colored which i'm not that crazy about but it was a good deal. I like the silver and white ones the best. I want to do suspension mods but i'm wondering whether the drive will become stiff and uncomfortable. I kinda want to keep it a comfortable drive. Rims and the trd aero kit one day too. How does the k&n filter improve the car?

j
99 SLE
94 SUPRA T78
02 gsxr 1000
boostto28
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby xyntax » Wed Jul 02, 2003 10:35 pm

Welcome aboard! I'm like you, reluctant to upgrade the suspension coz the drive might be uncomfortable. I just might end up regretting after the upgrade. I really love the comfortable drive, it's one of the reasons why I bought the car.
-~=| XYNTAX |=~-

2AZ-FE & 13B-MSP
xyntax
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby cdssolara » Wed Jul 02, 2003 10:40 pm

Welcome. In answer to your question about suspension mods, the loss of comfort will depend on how aggressive you want your modifications to get. There is a balance between performance and comfort when it comes to suspension. Many people find the stock suspension to be too soft and floaty, and therefore find that a modified suspension is more comfortable than stock. Other people are only interested in making their cars very low, regardless of comfort. Basically, the answer to your question is that there are a number of spring/strut combination out there, and some of them won't compromise the ride quality much, if at all. Try using the Search function, as this is a matter that has been discussed many times on this forum.
cdssolara
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby DavPak » Thu Jul 03, 2003 4:07 am

welcome to the boards!
'02 Solara S/C'ed V6 5-spd
DavPak
Mod Alumni
Mod Alumni

Postby tiredolddog » Thu Jul 03, 2003 4:21 am

Welcome to the board. Get a picture up of your new baby.
tiredolddog
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby happy_aggies » Thu Jul 03, 2003 6:17 am

The suspension mods is still comfy, but the handling is very much improved.

Welcome!
'99 Autumn Red Solara SE Auto S/C 1MZ-FE w/ JIC Exhaust
http://www.cardomain.com/id/happy_aggies
happy_aggies
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby shidosha01 » Thu Jul 03, 2003 6:39 am

happy_aggies wrote:The suspension mods is still comfy, but the handling is very much improved.

Welcome!

He's right. I recommend Tein S-Tech Springs with Tokico HPs'. I'm running that with 18s and the ride is still comfortable. WELCOME!
Rizal D. / Forever "tabasco"
99 V6 SE 5spd FT61 1MZ-FTE
393whp/445ft-lbs. TQ @15psi
shidosha01
Mod Alumni
Mod Alumni

Postby Yanks0114 » Thu Jul 03, 2003 7:42 am

Come on, upgrade the suspension :D It was one of the best mods I did and the ride is still confortable. If we had a lexus or mercedes ride quality than i wouldn't upgrade, but on the solara OEM to aftermarket doesn't yield too much of a difference in ride.

Welcome to the forum
Yanks0114
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby WTF?? » Thu Jul 03, 2003 4:19 pm

Im in on it with everyone!!

the ride is still comfy... but the handling is GREAT!! :evilbat:

Xyntax: hey u live in san jose... i dont think you should worry about dropping your car... the only thing i worry for are the dayum potholes!! :x
Retired... its been fun Image
WTF??
SolaraGuy Professional Racer
SolaraGuy Professional Racer

Postby krook » Thu Jul 03, 2003 8:07 pm

welcome to the boards! and yes. upgrade the suspension. i nearly let my car get out of control when i raced around a bend of the highway... :o
krook
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Return to Introductions