[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - new member - old car
New and Old SolaraGuy members should post a hello message here to let everyone know who you are. Tell us about your Solara! We want to know.

new member - old car

new member - old car

Postby crash2 » Fri Jul 11, 2003 2:54 pm

hey guys/gals :D

just saying hello to fellow Solara enthusiasts. I got my Silver SE V6 in Sept of 1998, about a week they came out on the market. It was like the car was meant for me. The dealers were getting 1 five spd out of their 5 car allotment, and the dealer I bought it from was the volume dealer in all of NJ. The Solara, being just a week old in the market, all other dealers in the area weren't willing to go no more than 500 below MSRP; I got mine at 1400 below MSRP of 25800. It was the fully optioned 5 spd. SWEETNESS :P

Anyhow, today it has 107K miles and few dings, ...and a new set of Eibach springs and Tokico struts installed just 4 hours ago. Next in line for mods are a new ACT clutch and then we'll make her breathe :wink:
crash2

Postby hari-bhari » Fri Jul 11, 2003 3:16 pm

man that's pretty cool. i bet everyone looked at you like "what the hell kind of car is that??" cuz they'd never seen it before. i still get looks like that sometimes 8) bout those dings, they just keep coming, read some other threads, it just doesnt end. good luck with the mods
hari-bhari
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby Yanks0114 » Fri Jul 11, 2003 8:33 pm

Welcome to the forums

((This Belongs in the introductions section)
Yanks0114
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby shidosha01 » Sun Jul 13, 2003 8:46 am

Welcome to the forum! Glad to hear that after all these years your car is still doing fine.
Rizal D. / Forever "tabasco"
99 V6 SE 5spd FT61 1MZ-FTE
393whp/445ft-lbs. TQ @15psi
shidosha01
Mod Alumni
Mod Alumni

Postby crash2 » Mon Jul 14, 2003 3:04 pm

thanks guys. I just joined today.
crash2
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby crash2 » Mon Jul 14, 2003 3:43 pm

hari_trivedi wrote:man that's pretty cool. i bet everyone looked at you like "what the hell kind of car is that??" cuz they'd never seen it before. i still get looks like that sometimes 8) bout those dings, they just keep coming, read some other threads, it just doesnt end. good luck with the mods

yes it was kinda cool. I didn't see any other Solara for another 6 months.

On day one I got pulled over in our neighborhood because the cop thought it was one of those expensive cars that didn't look like it belonged in the area plus I was going 41 in a 25mph. ....he followed me to where I lived(no lights/no sirens) and told me to get back in the car after I had already gotten out.

...anyways, my neighbor and her kids walk out to their car and we say howdee. ...the cop immediately changes his tone and says please drive safely. I know you have a new car and you want speed a lot. Take it slow. I say, thank you officer and he left:lol it was funny because the cop's presumptions back fired.

so many stories... ...like the break-in story ...you'll see what I mean in a minute.

The first weekend I got the car, I took my dad for a drive to get some Maryland crabs. There sell them in Delaware ...and we lived in central Jersey. So off we go and it so happens that while we were out getting crabs, a thunderstorm hits our area and knocks off quite a few trees. It was like a small tornado hit the area. Anyways, when we got home, we see this big tree branch where the hood of the car would have been. We were like holy crap! what lucky mofo knew that had we not gone for crabs, my new baby would have had a dented roof, smashed windshield and a bent hood. ...now was lucky or what! :D :P :lol: :o :D :P
crash2
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby hari-bhari » Mon Jul 14, 2003 5:59 pm

haha wow u lucked out big time
hari-bhari
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby krook » Mon Jul 14, 2003 7:42 pm

what luck! welcome to the boards crush! i assume that car is still running great...even at 107,000 miles, huh?
krook
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Return to Introductions