[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - New Owner in New Mexico saying Hey
New and Old SolaraGuy members should post a hello message here to let everyone know who you are. Tell us about your Solara! We want to know.

New Owner in New Mexico saying Hey

New Owner in New Mexico saying Hey

Postby Rancho5 » Wed Mar 02, 2011 1:08 pm

Just picked up an 06 Vert. SLE, Pearl with Tan top, and tan leather. Beautiful car! has 93k on the clock and I gave 11,000 for it.

Don't know what the history is but it looks brand new. I've got a quote from my local mechanic on the timing belt/idler/tensioner/H2o pump job for $547 inc. labor. Also he says that the tranny fluid needs a change so $100 for that.

Anything else I need to be aware of?

It is making a small clunk at the front right when going over a speed bump.
Rancho5
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Re: New Owner in New Mexico saying Hey

Postby GzNutz » Wed Mar 02, 2011 5:06 pm

Welcome to SG!
GzNutz
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby 99BlackSandv6 » Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:29 pm

Welcome!!! PICS!!! :D

The small clunk is probably nothing.
Our cars are well known for their random (and persisting) clunks and rattles.
It's when the noise becomes major that you need to look out for issues.
Trust me, I'm a technician.
99BlackSandv6
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby Bluesolaradude11 » Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:47 pm

Welcome Aboard! ;)
Nick 99 SLE: TRD Muffler, Injen CAI, TRD Lowering Springs, Renova Grill, 19" TSW Votrex, Black housed Head/corner lights

Bluesolaradude11
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby DSM_Lara » Thu Mar 03, 2011 2:38 am

As we say in Hawaii "E Komo Mai" (Welcome) to Solaraguy.
1999 Toyota Solara SE V6 (TRD Edition) Rare Greddy EvoII/CP-E Intake/Renova Grill/Black Housing Front/OEM Hood Deflector :kp: :spam3: :spam1:Musubi
DSM_Lara
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby rg456 » Thu Mar 03, 2011 7:54 pm

welcome!! I have that same clunking noise too im my 03 se but in the right rear though
rg456
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby Rancho5 » Sat Mar 05, 2011 6:14 pm

Anyone know how to post pics? Do I need permission to post from the mods?
Rancho5
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby EkiMucH » Sat Mar 05, 2011 8:59 pm

Welcome! Upload to some site like photobucket and after uploading copy the IMG code option.
EkiMucH
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby Jabraltar » Sun Mar 06, 2011 9:27 am

Welcome! and like EkiMucH said go to photobucket.com and setup an account (it's free) and upload pictures and just insert the image code when you post (copy and paste it). You don't need permission from the mods to post pics.
Gen 1:Custom stainless catback exhaust,Injen SRI..NGK Iridium plugs,2 10'' Kicker subs in Kicker box,Alpine door speakers, Kicker rear deck speakers,Pioneer amp,18'', Pioneer H/U, Icon rims with Falken tires,HID's,LED everything
Jabraltar
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Rancho5 » Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:02 am

Rancho5
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby Jabraltar » Sun Mar 06, 2011 11:22 am

That thing looks brand spanking new! I hope you didn't bring any of that sand in with you when you got back in lol Are you planning on doing any mods or upgrades?
Gen 1:Custom stainless catback exhaust,Injen SRI..NGK Iridium plugs,2 10'' Kicker subs in Kicker box,Alpine door speakers, Kicker rear deck speakers,Pioneer amp,18'', Pioneer H/U, Icon rims with Falken tires,HID's,LED everything
Jabraltar
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Rancho5 » Sun Mar 06, 2011 2:33 pm

Jabraltar wrote:Are you planning on doing any mods or upgrades?

I used to have an e30 BMW 325is, which I modded quite a bit and, frankly, I'm kind of tired of modding cars. I bought this for my wife because I sold her 64 VW Beetle vert back in the day to get us through college. And 64 Beetle verts are not very safe.

As far as modding goes, I'd be open to doing a few things to her as long as it looks stock. I've got quite a bit of faith in Toyota and their engineers (my Corolla has 265k) so I really don't want to be messing with her much.

Any experience with chips to improve mileage/performance?
Rancho5
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby Jabraltar » Sun Mar 06, 2011 2:51 pm

Fair enough as far as the modding goes. I guess once you sink a bunch of money into cars throughout your life and probably have never got as much out of it as you put in, it could get pretty tiresome. As far as the performance chips I don't have any experience with them but I was thinking about getting one this summer. I hear great things about them but I'm sure someone on here could provide us with some information.
Jabraltar
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby parkc96 » Sat Apr 02, 2011 7:26 am

What kind of chip is it? if its one of those cheap $70 ones dont do it they are crap and will probably just screw your car up if anything. I dont have much experience with solara's but if its a good well known brand then it should be fine. Don't cheap out though it will just cost you in the end.

2000 camry 4 cylinder: rims, tint, spoiler, head unit, partially debadged, custom catback, custom grille... more to come.
parkc96
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Solarasian » Sat Apr 02, 2011 10:38 am

hello and welcome!
Auto SLE V6
6000k VVME Bi-Xenon
GReddy SP2 catback
injen SRI is2030p
Kaminari Lip Kit(stand by)
Tokico hp Struts