[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - New guy in IL
New and Old SolaraGuy members should post a hello message here to let everyone know who you are. Tell us about your Solara! We want to know.

New guy in IL

New guy in IL

Postby SubjectAlpha » Mon May 09, 2011 10:26 am

Just found this forum while searching for solutions to my peeling grille chrome. I'm the proud owner of a black 2000 SE V6. It was the first brand-new car I ever bought. I'd looked at Dodge Intrepids and Chevy Monte Carlos. I was all set to buy a Monte Carlo because my employer gets us a discount on GM products, but wasn't thrilled with the car. Told the sales guy I'd be back after lunch -- went next door to the Toyota dealer and test drove the Solara. I was instantly sold. It felt like it was carved out of granite. Fit me perfectly, very peppy, and didn't feel cheap like the Monte Carlo did. Beautiful black exterior and light sand interior -- looked like a Lexus.

11 years and 83,000 miles later I'm still impressed. I really wanted a new car but couldn't bring myself to sell a car that I still liked, so the Solara got a new roommate:

SubjectAlpha
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Re: New guy in IL

Postby ToyoSolV6 » Mon May 09, 2011 10:37 am

the corvette makes the solara look like a beast lol, welcome btw :)
One of the few Built Forged Supercharged solaras in so cal
335whp x 344tq.
ToyoSolV6
Solaraguy's dopest driver
Solaraguy's dopest driver

Postby yaddadaimsayin » Mon May 09, 2011 10:57 am

movin up in the world! niiice.

welcome.
l CP-e Intake l TRD Lowered/Exhaust/RSB l 20/5 Tints l Custom Grille l Alpine HU l Rocksford Amp l 2 10" JBL Subs l 6000k HID l Smoked 2.5 Tails l Satisfied Driver l
yaddadaimsayin
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby mig0s » Mon May 09, 2011 11:36 am

Welcome! Are you a 5 speed? Any mods?
1999 V6 5-Speed... so beautiful :' )
Black housing headlights, corner. 55w 6k HID, 2500k fogs, TWM Short Shifter+weighted knob, Tein+KYB, TRD lip kit + Acura CL type-S front lip. TSW Kyalami 18x8. Cutom 2.5" SS free flow muffler.
mig0s
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby SubjectAlpha » Mon May 09, 2011 12:57 pm

Automatic, no mods.
SubjectAlpha
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby GzNutz » Mon May 09, 2011 1:18 pm

Welcome!
GzNutz
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby jimmm » Mon May 09, 2011 2:18 pm

Welcome Illinois Guy. 83,000 miles in 11 years is very conservative driving. Nice going.
2004 SLE V6 3.3 Desert Sand Mica
jimmm
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby crispone » Mon May 09, 2011 2:41 pm

Congrats on joining this site! We are among the BEST of forum sites out there! (Much less "machismo" and a LOT less "flaming" coupled with good, earnest help and a splash of goofiness to keep it interesting... all mixed in with a smidgen of technical finesse among enough of us to keep the rest around for more!)

Love the new addition! Wanna race YOUR two cars against MY two cars??? 8)

Stick around... it's a good place to hang!

-crisp :evilbat:
crispone
Immitagably Verbose Dude
Immitagably Verbose Dude

Postby DSM_Lara » Mon May 09, 2011 3:57 pm

As we say in Hawaii "E Komo Mai" Image to Solaraguy.
1999 Toyota Solara SE V6 (TRD Edition) Rare Greddy EvoII/CP-E Intake/Renova Grill/Black Housing Front/OEM Hood Deflector :kp: :spam3: :spam1:Musubi
DSM_Lara
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby Down2TheC » Tue May 10, 2011 6:53 pm

Glad you found us. I'm 5 miles South of the Cheddar curtain. So from another driver suffering with the crazy IL gas prices... Welcome.
http://solara.down2thec.com/gallery/
"We need failures in this world... failures gives us lap dances and chicken nuggets and I like both."
Down2TheC
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby GreeKAvaLoN » Wed May 11, 2011 12:24 am

i'm one of the first suburbs south of chicago. gas prices is a lil rough but oh well. i'm pretty sure people just repaint it black.
are avalons supposed to be this fast?
GreeKAvaLoN
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Return to Introductions