[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - 2007 Solara Sport in Minneapolis Area
New and Old SolaraGuy members should post a hello message here to let everyone know who you are. Tell us about your Solara! We want to know.

2007 Solara Sport in Minneapolis Area

2007 Solara Sport in Minneapolis Area

Postby blinkless » Sun Jun 26, 2011 1:02 pm

What's up guys and gals!

New here just dropping by to say hi. New to Solaraguy!

Here is my new Solara Sport: Added Image and URL. Let me know what you think!
http://i1125.photobucket.com/albums/l599/blinkless182/HPIM0202.jpg
http://i1125.photobucket.com/albums/l599/blinkless182/HPIM0201.jpg

Here is what I've done so far:
-Placed blue LED neon lights under the driver and passenger.
-Injen cold air intake. Short Ram. Model # Injen SP2026P
-Wired up amp and subs to stock 6 disc stereo w/ Scosche Loc80 2-Channel Adjustable Lineout Converter to the back speakers. From all the complaints I've heard about this it doesn't sound bad at all. I really need to dynamat the trunk though. Inside the car rattles really bad. (Any suggestions / recommendations?

Here's what I want to do:
-OBX Headers: [url]http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/OBX-EXHAUST-HEADER-02-06-Toyota-Camry-2-4L-LX-XLE-NEW-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem2a0dd4bfb3QQitemZ180620672947QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories
[/url]
-U2 100 Rims with low profile tires. Not sure what kind yet. Any suggestions? http://www.wheelsnext.com/default.cfm?home=packages&action=dspPackage&brand=U2&model=100A&color=Chrome
-Tinting of windows.
-Want to put a tablet like an android or IPad where the center shift cosole is. This is below the heating/ AC controls are. If you have a Solara or Camary you know what I'm talking about. It opens and closes.
-Thinking about either supercharging or turbo, but this will be in the way future.

Look forward to hearing any other suggestions anyone else has to throw on my plate and see who else might live in the area of MN.

I'd like to hear what you all think. Hoping to get this thing out to Coffee and Car's in Chaska before the year is over.

Later and take care,
Blinkless
Peace,
Blinkless
blinkless
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Re: 2007 Solara Sport in Minneapolis Area

Postby parkc96 » Sun Jun 26, 2011 3:42 pm

if you were asking what size rims, go with the 18's any bigger and it really starts looking bad. and nice pick up car looks good! welcome!

2000 camry 4 cylinder: rims, tint, spoiler, head unit, partially debadged, custom catback, custom grille... more to come.
parkc96
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby GzNutz » Sun Jun 26, 2011 7:07 pm

Car looks great. Did you black out the headlights yourself? That's a nice color too, haven't seen too many of that blue around.

Welcome to SG!
GzNutz
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby blinkless » Sun Jun 26, 2011 7:35 pm

parkc96 wrote:if you were asking what size rims, go with the 18's any bigger and it really starts looking bad. and nice pick up car looks good! welcome!

Thanks for the advice on the 18's. I was thinking of staying with that size since the tires get really spendy when you go larger than that.
Peace,
Blinkless
blinkless
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby blinkless » Sun Jun 26, 2011 7:38 pm

GzNutz wrote:Car looks great. Did you black out the headlights yourself? That's a nice color too, haven't seen too many of that blue around.

Welcome to SG!

Thanks! I didn't do anything to the headlights. Not sure if it's a sport thing or if the previous owner did it? I really like the color. It's cool how you blacked out the lights. The blue is pretty rare too which is a head turner on the roads. I was thinking of putting LED eye lashes on it like a B'imer. Not sure though.
Peace,
Blinkless
blinkless
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby SoSleek » Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:18 am

parkc96 wrote:if you were asking what size rims, go with the 18's any bigger and it really starts looking bad. and nice pick up car looks good! welcome!

I Disagree. I have 20's and think the Gen 2 and 2.5 Solara's can easily pull them off. Sometimes I wish I would have gone with 19's for more rubber, but other times I can't imagine it without anything other than my 20's.

Let's meet up one of these nights. Have you heard of the RK (RiceKiller) meets that are on Monday nights at Modern Automotive Performance in Plymouth? I go to most C&C in Chaska, but probably won't be there this weekend because I am going to Apple River.
2004 Black Solara SE Sport - Minneapolis, MN
SoSleek
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby blinkless » Mon Jun 27, 2011 5:31 pm

SoSleek wrote:

I Disagree. I have 20's and think the Gen 2 and 2.5 Solara's can easily pull them off. Sometimes I wish I would have gone with 19's for more rubber, but other times I can't imagine it without anything other than my 20's.

Let's meet up one of these nights. Have you heard of the RK (RiceKiller) meets that are on Monday nights at Modern Automotive Performance in Plymouth? I go to most C&C in Chaska, but probably won't be there this weekend because I am going to Apple River.

I've never heard of RiceKiller? I'm on edge with the 20's. Just because the ride is already really stiff and I'm sure with 20's it would be unbearable. 19's maybe, but the rubber is going to be really expensive for some low profiles.

I'll have to meet us sometime to see your ride. does RiceKiller have a website to check out the event schedule? I go to C&C tool pretty frequently.

Do you show your Solara at C&C's? Their pretty rare so I be you get alot of looks.

Later!
Peace,
Blinkless
blinkless
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby SoSleek » Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:24 am

blinkless wrote:
SoSleek wrote:

I've never heard of RiceKiller? I'm on edge with the 20's. Just because the ride is already really stiff and I'm sure with 20's it would be unbearable. 19's maybe, but the rubber is going to be really expensive for some low profiles.

I'll have to meet us sometime to see your ride. does RiceKiller have a website to check out the event schedule? I go to C&C tool pretty frequently.

Do you show your Solara at C&C's? Their pretty rare so I be you get alot of looks.

Later!

RiceKiller does have a website/forum but I am never on it. I just go to the meets on Mondays. I didn't go last night though. I do sometimes show my Solara at C&C but it doesn't get much attention. Everyone comes to see the R8's, Gallardo's, Hennessey Vipers, etc. My bro always gets a lot of respect in his two tone Chrysler 300 on air ride though.
2004 Black Solara SE Sport - Minneapolis, MN
SoSleek
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby DSM_Lara » Wed Jun 29, 2011 3:07 pm

As we say in Hawaii "E Komo Mai" Image to Solaraguy.
That's a nice color.
1999 Toyota Solara SE V6 (TRD Edition) Rare Greddy EvoII/CP-E Intake/Renova Grill/Black Housing Front/OEM Hood Deflector :kp: :spam3: :spam1:Musubi
DSM_Lara
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby blinkless » Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:55 pm

DSM_Lara wrote:As we say in Hawaii "E Komo Mai" Image to Solaraguy.
That's a nice color.

Thanks!
Peace,
Blinkless
blinkless
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby parkc96 » Thu Jun 30, 2011 8:18 am

im leaving to go up to minnesota from sioux falls for almost two weeks tonight. but i will be up on eagle lake by alexandria, not the cities so i cant see your guys cars. :cry:

2000 camry 4 cylinder: rims, tint, spoiler, head unit, partially debadged, custom catback, custom grille... more to come.
parkc96
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Return to Introductions