[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - hello
New and Old SolaraGuy members should post a hello message here to let everyone know who you are. Tell us about your Solara! We want to know.

hello

hello

Postby lilykins » Thu Jul 07, 2011 3:29 pm

Hello from the U.K. (west country). I brought my '04 Solara SLE to France three years ago and now I have brought it to the U.K.. I LOVE my Solara.... it's the best car EVER! But over here everyone tells me to get rid of it because the tax (reg) is over $350 per year and because it's not available over here parts are very expensive. I sometimes think the garages here see AMERICAN CAR.........DOLLAR SIGNS! One quoted me 70 pounds sterling (over $100) for a 'cv boot'! I declined and found one myself. Personally I think they are GREEN WITH ENVY when they see a girl driving this fine veicle.

The problem I have today is someone obliterated my right wing mirror (glass only) and I need to replace it. I thought I'd ask you guys for your ideas before I approach any garage. Things are very expensive here and being a female alone doesn't help when I go into a garage. Any and all help gratefully received. Thanks
lilykins
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Re: hello

Postby yaddadaimsayin » Thu Jul 07, 2011 4:16 pm

welcome lily. sorry to hear about your woes over on the other side... but at least you're unique!
l CP-e Intake l TRD Lowered/Exhaust/RSB l 20/5 Tints l Custom Grille l Alpine HU l Rocksford Amp l 2 10" JBL Subs l 6000k HID l Smoked 2.5 Tails l Satisfied Driver l
yaddadaimsayin
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby lilykins » Thu Jul 07, 2011 5:25 pm

Thanks. Can I get a replacement glass part at an auto store? I mean does it need to be an official Toyota part or is their an after market part I can get? Help anyone?
lilykins
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby GzNutz » Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:00 pm

Welcome to SG. You can try sending NVDIS1 a pm on here. He's located here in the states but may be able to help you out, however shipping may be costly. There are plenty of sites with the whole mirror assembly that can be found searching on google too, but they'd have to be painted. Aftermarket should be just fine.
GzNutz
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby DSM_Lara » Sun Jul 10, 2011 2:59 pm

As we say in Hawaii "E Komo Mai" Image to Solaraguy.
1999 Toyota Solara SE V6 (TRD Edition) Rare Greddy EvoII/CP-E Intake/Renova Grill/Black Housing Front/OEM Hood Deflector :kp: :spam3: :spam1:Musubi
DSM_Lara
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Return to Introductions