[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - 2000 Solara What's this Reservoir
New and Old SolaraGuy members should post a hello message here to let everyone know who you are. Tell us about your Solara! We want to know.

2000 Solara What's this Reservoir

2000 Solara What's this Reservoir

Postby palidrome29 » Mon Jul 25, 2011 6:19 pm

My 2000 Solara was hit while parked in front of my house. :( The front end drivers side is pretty messed up. Bumper and front fender drivers side cracked open. I opened the hood and the engine seems to be intact. However when looking at the cracked section on the front drivers fender I see that a reservoir has been dislodged and the contents have completely spilled out. I looked all over the place online to see what this large reservoir is for. I don't want to attempt to start the engine until I find out what it is. The reservoir is large and located in the front near the drivers front tire. If anyone knows what it is for please let me know. I looked in my owners manual and none of the diagrams show this reservoir. Thank you.
palidrome29
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Re: 2000 Solara What's this Reservoir

Postby ftw » Mon Jul 25, 2011 6:21 pm

That is part of the intake system...it's a resonator.
New Daily: 2005 Corolla XRS
SOLD: DWP 1999 SE V6| Eibach/Tokico| Super Pro Dogbone Bushings, FSB Bushings| Energy Suspension Front Control Arm Bushings| Injen Intake
ftw
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby palidrome29 » Mon Jul 25, 2011 6:46 pm

Do you think it would be ok to drive it to the shop with the resonator disconnected?
palidrome29
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby 1gSE » Tue Jul 26, 2011 4:14 am

You'll be fine. Its job is to minimize intake noise for people that like quiet cars. Most of us have gotten rid of it
GTO-Vararam/Kooks/Spintech/MGW-P/Tune-12.9 @108
Solara-M62 @ 5.5psi
1gSE
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby DSM_Lara » Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:22 am

As we say in Hawaii "E Komo Mai" Image to Solaraguy.
1999 Toyota Solara SE V6 (TRD Edition) Rare Greddy EvoII/CP-E Intake/Renova Grill/Black Housing Front/OEM Hood Deflector :kp: :spam3: :spam1:Musubi
DSM_Lara
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Return to Introductions