[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - New from New Orleans
New and Old SolaraGuy members should post a hello message here to let everyone know who you are. Tell us about your Solara! We want to know.

New from New Orleans

New from New Orleans

Postby alky181 » Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:16 pm

I owned an 05 Scion TC and it was totaled. The car was awesome. I bought it for $16,000 new. When it was totaled, it was appraised for $11,000 with 10100 miles!!!! What a great resale value!! With the money, I purchased a 2007 Solara SLE 2.4L with 26,000 miles for $14,000. I am a proud Solara owner now. It drives much better than t he TC and somehow has more pick up. I don't understand that since they both have the same engine. I'm even getting 34 MPG on the hwy. The Scion was closer to 28 MPG. I'm hoping to get some pointers on modifying the Solara.

Thanks,
Jeff
alky181
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Re: New from New Orleans

Postby Jabraltar » Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:42 am

Welcome! Sounds like you got a great deal on your new purchase.
Gen 1:Custom stainless catback exhaust,Injen SRI..NGK Iridium plugs,2 10'' Kicker subs in Kicker box,Alpine door speakers, Kicker rear deck speakers,Pioneer amp,18'', Pioneer H/U, Icon rims with Falken tires,HID's,LED everything
Jabraltar
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby yaddadaimsayin » Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:33 am

my best suggestion would be to pick up the TRD Rear Sway Bar (RSB). It helps your handling tremendously and stiffens up that 'boat' feeling on turns. welcome to the forum, jeff!
l CP-e Intake l TRD Lowered/Exhaust/RSB l 20/5 Tints l Custom Grille l Alpine HU l Rocksford Amp l 2 10" JBL Subs l 6000k HID l Smoked 2.5 Tails l Satisfied Driver l
yaddadaimsayin
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby GzNutz » Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:14 pm

Welcome!
GzNutz
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby DSM_Lara » Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:22 am

As we say in Hawaii "E Komo Mai" Image to Solaraguy.
1999 Toyota Solara SE V6 (TRD Edition) Rare Greddy EvoII/CP-E Intake/Renova Grill/Black Housing Front/OEM Hood Deflector :kp: :spam3: :spam1:Musubi
DSM_Lara
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby alky181 » Sat Jul 30, 2011 8:30 pm

I did notice it needed a beef up sway bar and or strut bar. The handling was tighter on the TC.
alky181
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Return to Introductions