[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - New Solara :) slammed
New and Old SolaraGuy members should post a hello message here to let everyone know who you are. Tell us about your Solara! We want to know.

New Solara :) slammed

Re: New Solara :) slammed

Postby parkc96 » Mon Sep 19, 2011 2:52 pm

hella_m wrote:yes!! my center caps are pink! waiting for my hot pink lugnuts to come in!! can't wait for that!! my car is going to look SIIICK when its done. i know i am just a girl but i am IN LOOOOVEEEE with trying to deck out my car <3 I can't wait to post my shots after my tail lights are done. just buffed and waxed it! so excited!

that will look pretty cool i gotta admit, and thats sweet! not many girls get into the modding car scene but the ones that do have some good taste... usually (not the solara decked out in hello kittty crap in the rice spotted thread) haha. And as for what toyosolv6 said that is exactly how i did mine except i used a plastic scraper that came with my goo gone not dental floss... personal preference.

2000 camry 4 cylinder: rims, tint, spoiler, head unit, partially debadged, custom catback, custom grille... more to come.
parkc96
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby yaddadaimsayin » Mon Sep 19, 2011 2:54 pm

ToyoSolV6 wrote:Welcome to the forum monica! glad to have another girl on board. as for the emblems i used a blow dryer to get the glue kinda hot and just get some dental floss and start removing it slowly when the emblems are off you will probably notice some glue left over. Get "goo gone" and that should take care of that. Last step some wax and polish and your done ! :)

^ agreed. or I just let the goo gone settle in there for 10 or so minutes and put the floss right to it. no heater. One thing to keep in mind though is that there are two prongs that are behind the SOLARA emblem, meaning if you take it off you're gonna have two holes in your trunk.

Mine are off right now because I'm about to paint it black.
l CP-e Intake l TRD Lowered/Exhaust/RSB l 20/5 Tints l Custom Grille l Alpine HU l Rocksford Amp l 2 10" JBL Subs l 6000k HID l Smoked 2.5 Tails l Satisfied Driver l
yaddadaimsayin
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby crispone » Mon Sep 19, 2011 5:02 pm

^^^ Another "YES" for "Goo Gone" and dental floss. A HOT DAY is as good as using a hairdryer. I always take care to CLEAN OFF the Goo Gone after you are done! It is a bit "harsh" on the painted surface if not cleaned off completely.

G/L!

-crisp :evilbat:
crispone
Immitagably Verbose Dude
Immitagably Verbose Dude

Postby hella_m » Mon Sep 19, 2011 5:28 pm

sweet thanks guys! no no! no hello kitty bull sh** here . lol..i just like to add some girly crap to it and i thought a little bit of pink would be perfect with the center caps. and ur right not very many girls like doing that crap. but i didnt get to model lola today =[ sad but i did get the lights done!! BEAUTIFUL!! i will deff model wed. and i am atualy going t model with my car which is what i was suppose to do today!
hella_m
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby hella_m » Mon Sep 19, 2011 5:30 pm

Im also trying to get MONICA instead of SOLARA same amount of letters....i think it would look SIIICKKK <3
hella_m
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby hella_m » Mon Sep 19, 2011 6:04 pm

i actually added a bit more pink by painting the TOYOTA symbol on the front of my car hott pink and it looks pretty legit!!
hella_m
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby hella_m » Mon Sep 19, 2011 7:38 pm

soooo get this. im tinting my tail lights....anddddddd a fly ran into and got stuck in wet paint.......FML
hella_m
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby crispone » Mon Sep 19, 2011 8:25 pm

:popcorn:

crispone
Immitagably Verbose Dude
Immitagably Verbose Dude

Postby mig0s » Tue Sep 20, 2011 12:40 am

Welcome! Enjoy your Solara.

Guys, why this thread was created 2 days ago and already has 2 pages? :D
1999 V6 5-Speed... so beautiful :' )
Black housing headlights, corner. 55w 6k HID, 2500k fogs, TWM Short Shifter+weighted knob, Tein+KYB, TRD lip kit + Acura CL type-S front lip. TSW Kyalami 18x8. Cutom 2.5" SS free flow muffler.
mig0s
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby crispone » Tue Sep 20, 2011 3:53 am

^^^ Solaragal Power. :wink:

crispone
Immitagably Verbose Dude
Immitagably Verbose Dude

Postby DSM_Lara » Tue Sep 20, 2011 4:02 am

As we say in Hawaii "E Komo Mai" Image to Solaraguy.
1999 Toyota Solara SE V6 (TRD Edition) Rare Greddy EvoII/CP-E Intake/Renova Grill/Black Housing Front/OEM Hood Deflector :kp: :spam3: :spam1:Musubi
DSM_Lara
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby hella_m » Tue Sep 20, 2011 8:17 am

solaragirl <3
hella_m
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby hella_m » Tue Sep 20, 2011 8:25 am

i got another questions for u all. ok so my car is bipolar. she loves to die while im driving 80 on the highway..wassup with that...my low tire pressure light is on but i have after market tires.........help?
hella_m
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby mig0s » Tue Sep 20, 2011 10:36 am

hella_m wrote:i got another questions for u all. ok so my car is bipolar. she loves to die while im driving 80 on the highway..wassup with that...my low tire pressure light is on but i have after market tires.........help?

lol that's bad. Check your battery or alternator. Easy fix.
1999 V6 5-Speed... so beautiful :' )
Black housing headlights, corner. 55w 6k HID, 2500k fogs, TWM Short Shifter+weighted knob, Tein+KYB, TRD lip kit + Acura CL type-S front lip. TSW Kyalami 18x8. Cutom 2.5" SS free flow muffler.
mig0s
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby hella_m » Tue Sep 20, 2011 11:38 am

i took it back to the dealership , midas, and dobbs and all of those places said they couldnt find ANYTHING wrong with the car. the ran multiple tests and everything......wierd.
hella_m
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

PreviousNext

Return to Introductions