[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Gen 1 Solara aka "The Green Machine"
New and Old SolaraGuy members should post a hello message here to let everyone know who you are. Tell us about your Solara! We want to know.

Gen 1 Solara aka "The Green Machine"

Gen 1 Solara aka "The Green Machine"

Postby 2Gud2BTru » Tue Sep 27, 2011 7:51 pm

I have a 2001 Solara coupe currently sitting on 18 inch MR7 Motegs. 20% window tint, smoked tinted tailights with the white cut out, Plasti-dipped stock grill, 207xxx miles at the moment. Bought it from the original owner and its way better than my previous 1995 Maxima. So hello everyone, glad to be an owner of a beast of a car and i will most likely be on here close to every week looking to see whats the next thing to do up my car. Thanks. And pics will be posted asap
-01' SLE v6 coupe:Traded in. 223k
-06' Accord Coupe 4banger: DD
2Gud2BTru
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Re: Gen 1 Solara aka "The Green Machine"

Postby Jabraltar » Tue Oct 04, 2011 4:54 pm

Welcome man! My advice and I'm going to assume everybody else's advice for your first actual mod is some type of SRI (short ram intake) to give you a little more HP and a nice throaty purr.
Gen 1:Custom stainless catback exhaust,Injen SRI..NGK Iridium plugs,2 10'' Kicker subs in Kicker box,Alpine door speakers, Kicker rear deck speakers,Pioneer amp,18'', Pioneer H/U, Icon rims with Falken tires,HID's,LED everything
Jabraltar
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby yaddadaimsayin » Tue Oct 04, 2011 5:08 pm

welcome!
l CP-e Intake l TRD Lowered/Exhaust/RSB l 20/5 Tints l Custom Grille l Alpine HU l Rocksford Amp l 2 10" JBL Subs l 6000k HID l Smoked 2.5 Tails l Satisfied Driver l
yaddadaimsayin
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby 2Gud2BTru » Wed Oct 05, 2011 11:38 am

To Jabraltar: What brand would you recommend? I checked out Injen and i currently dont have $250 to toss onto my car so I need a cheaper one.
Thanks Yaddadaimsayin. Your car looks great.
2Gud2BTru
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby Jabraltar » Wed Oct 05, 2011 4:50 pm

I personally love my Injen. The best thing you can do is not rush in to the "cheapest" parts. It's best to save for the best! Keep an eye on the wanted/for sale forum because the odd SRI will pop up in there and you can always get a great deal. Also keep an eye on classifieds (kijiji, craigslist, etc) and they always have a couple on ebay if you search hard enough.
Gen 1:Custom stainless catback exhaust,Injen SRI..NGK Iridium plugs,2 10'' Kicker subs in Kicker box,Alpine door speakers, Kicker rear deck speakers,Pioneer amp,18'', Pioneer H/U, Icon rims with Falken tires,HID's,LED everything
Jabraltar
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby GzNutz » Wed Oct 05, 2011 5:54 pm

Welcome!
GzNutz
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby 2Gud2BTru » Wed Oct 05, 2011 6:17 pm

Okay, thanks man. I wont be getting a good intake until like next year due to a leaking tranny gasket, rear brake pads need fixed, two valves leaking oil and engine is burning some oil. So...next year for sure. Unless i win the lottery. And if i do win, this solara is pretty much gonna destroy anything. Wishful thinking always :)
2Gud2BTru
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Return to Introductions