[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - NEW TO SOLARAS AND TO CARS PERIOD ANYTHING WILL HELP
New and Old SolaraGuy members should post a hello message here to let everyone know who you are. Tell us about your Solara! We want to know.

NEW TO SOLARAS AND TO CARS PERIOD ANYTHING WILL HELP

NEW TO SOLARAS AND TO CARS PERIOD ANYTHING WILL HELP

Postby JuRstin » Wed Oct 05, 2011 8:08 pm

So i had a 1999 Ford Ranger, then i totaled it. I was lucky enough to have my mom buy me a new car and she spent $4,000 on a Silver 1999 Toyota Solara SLE V6. Now i have very little knowledge on anything about cars so i dont know names of the majority of the parts. But i do want to learn so anybody that wants to spit basic knowledge to me then go ahead. So i dont know much but i know what looks good, and thats what i want out of the car i will be driving for the younger years of my life. My Solara honestly looks like crap (no offense to hardcore Solara fans). Both sides of the fenders have dents, my hood has dents that look like they were made from hail, my bumper is all scratched up, the part nearest the bumper like were the gas tank is is also dented up, and on top of that the side of my car is keyed. So now i ask this do i save up money to replace everyyyyyyy single part in this car? or do i save money to actually by a whole different car because i want to look good in what im driving. I have seen awesome Solaras on this site and i have to admit i am really impressed in some of these cars because looking at my car then looking at one on this site it looks totallyyyyyyyyy different. i have had a few difficulties with my car like the blinkers not working and my bulbs going out but they where easily replaced. And i am impressed on how the Solara handles itself such as driving and gas and it being a 99'. PLUS THE AC IS REALLY REALLY REALLY AMAZING I LOVE IT, ITS THE CARS BEST FEATURE!!!!! I Would love to keep this great car and maybe fix it up and all, but i really want to know is it worth it? Thanks for taking the time out to read this =].
JuRstin
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Re: NEW TO SOLARAS AND TO CARS PERIOD ANYTHING WILL HELP

Postby GzNutz » Thu Oct 06, 2011 6:27 pm

Welcome to the forum. The search button should help you with most issues. If you research and still have questions feel free to ask.
GzNutz
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby DSM_Lara » Wed Nov 02, 2011 4:34 pm

As we say in Hawaii "E Komo Mai" Image to Solaraguy.
1999 Toyota Solara SE V6 (TRD Edition) Rare Greddy EvoII/CP-E Intake/Renova Grill/Black Housing Front/OEM Hood Deflector :kp: :spam3: :spam1:Musubi
DSM_Lara
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby ACProductions » Wed Nov 02, 2011 5:07 pm

Welcome to the forum and the world of cars.

Word of advice
This s*** gets addicting.

If you ever need a manual to help you fix things on your Solara just look at the link in my sig. Its a free manual for practically any car and is very useful to amateur DIY'ers
FREE CHILTON MANUAL

The speed at which a woman says "nothing" when you ask her what's wrong is inversely proportional to the size of the coming storm.

ACProductions
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Return to Introductions