[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - 99 Solara with interior leaks
New and Old SolaraGuy members should post a hello message here to let everyone know who you are. Tell us about your Solara! We want to know.

99 Solara with interior leaks

99 Solara with interior leaks

Postby kmcdaniel33 » Sat Oct 29, 2011 8:40 am

Hi. I have recently purchase a Solara that was hit from behind (160k miles) and is now leaking inside, from what the previous owner says, this was not noticed before. The leak is on the front, drivers side, floor panels. It is the wettest on the left side, next to the door seal. How do i go about checking this and finding out were the leak is coming from? It does have a sunroof, but i have not noticed any leaking. No noticeable leaks when raining out or going through a carwash. going to try airhose inside and feel around for leaks on the outside, today. It just doesn't seem like an obvious leak at this point, ie-door jams or windows.
Also, recently, the engine is not turning over right away. When i turn the key, all the lights come on in the dash, but nothing happens. It happens about every 5th time i start the car. Yesterday though, i turned the key and a clicking noise started up and didn't stop, it kept clicking for about 45 seconds. I even took the key out of the ignition and it didn't stop. I went to go get some help and when we came back and i pulled the key out of the ignition again, it stopped. The battery seems to be fitted on the cables well and there isn't any corrosion. Also the starter was replaced a few years ago.
Any help with the above problems would really help me.
Thank you,
Kristi in Washington
kmcdaniel33
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Re: 99 Solara with interior leaks

Postby Got2XLR8 NYX » Tue Nov 01, 2011 12:34 am

Leak sounds like an AC drain got clogged and ur battery sounds like it needs to be replaced even if there is no sign of corrosion... how old is the battery if it is 2.5-3 years then its time to get a new one.
5Speed 2000 SC V6 @ 4.5PSI
TRD Lip Kit : TRD Exhaust : TRD RSB : TRD SC : TSW REVO 17x8
CAI Extention : TWM Short Shifter : Injen Intake : DIY Black Housing : Renova Grille : ACT 6 Puck : Jim's Fuel Mod : Walbro 190 : JIC FSTB
Got2XLR8 NYX
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Return to Introductions