[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Greetings!
New and Old SolaraGuy members should post a hello message here to let everyone know who you are. Tell us about your Solara! We want to know.

Greetings!

Greetings!

Postby Rez Solara » Sun Nov 27, 2011 5:47 am

Hello Solaraguys and gals,

I learned to drive in my dad's 99 4cyl. 5spd Solara when I was 14, and haven't ever really wanted to drive anything else.
I'm 22 and a junior in college- so you can probably imagine how broke I am most of the year, but I am dedicated to the Solara platform. If ever I can strike it rich I swear I will ship my car ASAP to Gabe at GLP Motorsports with $$$$$ in the glovebox. I would love to slap a built 1mz//3mz hybrid with any supercharger into my 99 Diamond White Pearl Solara.

I have been reading these forums for about a year now, and I figured I have to post something and get to know you all.

Here is me and my dad's ol' Lara... stuck in the sand somewhere in the Amagrossa Desert, Nevada.

More to come...

Thanks to all of you who make this forum what it is, and thanks to those who make Solaras the BEASTS they can be!!
Last edited by Rez Solara on Sun Nov 27, 2011 6:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rez Solara
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Re: Greetings!

Postby Rez Solara » Sun Nov 27, 2011 6:19 am

Here are some pics of my SE V6 5spd
Rez Solara
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby EkiMucH » Sun Nov 27, 2011 7:07 am

Welcome to SG! Looks clean!
EkiMucH
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby Rez Solara » Sun Nov 27, 2011 8:44 am

Moved my post to stock forum.
Last edited by Rez Solara on Sun Nov 27, 2011 11:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rez Solara
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby Rez Solara » Sun Nov 27, 2011 8:53 am

EkiMucH wrote:Welcome to SG! Looks clean!

Thanks! :D I worked hard to get this Lara to look good.

Not very many people own these here in Idaho, I get a lot of looks from people. I love the styling of Solaras. They are classy, sleek... pleasing to see.
Rez Solara
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby GzNutz » Sun Nov 27, 2011 9:56 am

Welcome! That first pic is great. :D
GzNutz
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby Rez Solara » Sun Nov 27, 2011 10:10 am

GzNutz wrote:Welcome! That first pic is great. :D

Thanks!!!
:D That is one of my favorite pics. It was taken after attempting to dig out the car in 110 degree heat... desert was treacherous! My buddy and I eventually gave up, waited for nightfall to cool things down, and had to walk about 8 miles to the interstate for some help.
Rez Solara
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby mig0s » Sun Nov 27, 2011 11:40 am

Looks really clean. You know that the 5speed is a rarity right? take care of her you got a jewel there
1999 V6 5-Speed... so beautiful :' )
Black housing headlights, corner. 55w 6k HID, 2500k fogs, TWM Short Shifter+weighted knob, Tein+KYB, TRD lip kit + Acura CL type-S front lip. TSW Kyalami 18x8. Cutom 2.5" SS free flow muffler.
mig0s
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Rez Solara » Sun Nov 27, 2011 11:20 pm

mig0s wrote:Looks really clean. You know that the 5speed is a rarity right? take care of her you got a jewel there

I know it really is a jewel! I searched everywhere to find this 5 spd, and it was a diamond in the rough.
Rez Solara
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby DSM_Lara » Thu Jan 12, 2012 2:01 pm

As we say in Hawaii "E Komo Mai" Image to Solaraguy.
1999 Toyota Solara SE V6 (TRD Edition) Rare Greddy EvoII/CP-E Intake/Renova Grill/Black Housing Front/OEM Hood Deflector :kp: :spam3: :spam1:Musubi
DSM_Lara
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby KingKevin » Fri Jan 13, 2012 4:53 pm

Welcome! Nice 5spd indeed. Haha planning on 5spd swapping mine soon and its gonna cost a hella lot so definitely a rarity. Good looking lara.
2001 SE V6

Injen intake w/ extension - Renova Grill - custom catback exhaust - 2 12" Kenwood subs - Tein s tech - neons - 8000k headlights - 3000k fogs
KingKevin
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Return to Introductions