[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Just bought my first Solara!
New and Old SolaraGuy members should post a hello message here to let everyone know who you are. Tell us about your Solara! We want to know.

Just bought my first Solara!

Just bought my first Solara!

Postby SolaraDawg » Mon Dec 19, 2011 7:15 pm

Hi Everyone,
I just bought my first Solara a few weeks ago. Its a 99 Solara SLE and so far I really like the car. It is good to see so many people who love their Solaras! Seeing that it is 12 years old there are some (small) issues. I have looked over the posts here but havent found exact answers to my problems.
My main 2 issues are:
1. Dome light does not work - Vanity lights work so its not the fuse, replaced bulb and still no luck.
2. Driver Seat has slight wobble to it - when I accelerate or go up a hill it lurches back a bit. (it is a power seat)
Thanks in advance!
Michael
SolaraDawg
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Re: Just bought my first Solara!

Postby GzNutz » Mon Dec 19, 2011 7:44 pm

Welcome and congrats on the purchase!
GzNutz
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby yaddadaimsayin » Thu Dec 22, 2011 10:54 am

welcome!
l CP-e Intake l TRD Lowered/Exhaust/RSB l 20/5 Tints l Custom Grille l Alpine HU l Rocksford Amp l 2 10" JBL Subs l 6000k HID l Smoked 2.5 Tails l Satisfied Driver l
yaddadaimsayin
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby Bobolara » Fri Dec 23, 2011 5:45 pm

Welcome!
My driver side seat has the same problem, lol! I keep forgetting to check it.
Bobolara
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby convertible » Fri Dec 23, 2011 6:17 pm

Hi. I just bought my first convertible on Nov. 30th. I have a hardtop 2001 and now a convertible 2003. I have the same lunging / sliding effect with the drivers side seat in my 2001. It has become a habituated annoyance, and I never really checked to see what the problem is. On my convertible, I replaced the dome lights with 2 small bulbs and all is well. Did you try using some very fine sandpaper (600 grit) on the contacts for the bulbs? The contacts may be slightly rusted, or turned "green" with gunk. Try that and see if the lights will light up.
convertible
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby DSM_Lara » Thu Jan 12, 2012 1:56 pm

As we say in Hawaii "E Komo Mai" Image to Solaraguy.
1999 Toyota Solara SE V6 (TRD Edition) Rare Greddy EvoII/CP-E Intake/Renova Grill/Black Housing Front/OEM Hood Deflector :kp: :spam3: :spam1:Musubi
DSM_Lara
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Return to Introductions