[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - New to site...2007 Solara Sport
New and Old SolaraGuy members should post a hello message here to let everyone know who you are. Tell us about your Solara! We want to know.

New to site...2007 Solara Sport

New to site...2007 Solara Sport

Postby ChadnMS » Sat Dec 24, 2011 2:27 am

Hello all. I always use this site for questions/answers. Thought I'd join. Purchased my Solara in Jan 2008 on sale in VA Beach. Been with me ever since. I've owned this car longer than any other car. It just fits. I still get compliments on a weekly basis. My baby has followed me to Kuwait, survived the desert with me, and now back home carrying me around for the holidays. Well, just thought I'd post my introduction. See y'all around!
Mods:
TRD springs
17" Eikel rims with 225 50 17
Other than that, its pretty much perfect already.

2007 Sport. 17x7+40mm, 225x50R17, TRD springs, 5-speed manual.
ChadnMS
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Re: New to site...2007 Solara Sport

Postby GzNutz » Sat Dec 24, 2011 9:58 am

Welcome!
GzNutz
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby KingKevin » Sat Dec 24, 2011 9:17 pm

welcome!
2001 SE V6

Injen intake w/ extension - Renova Grill - custom catback exhaust - 2 12" Kenwood subs - Tein s tech - neons - 8000k headlights - 3000k fogs
KingKevin
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby EkiMucH » Sat Dec 24, 2011 10:00 pm

Welcome! Your ride looks clean!
EkiMucH
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby ChadnMS » Mon Dec 26, 2011 4:20 pm

Thanks for the welcome and compliment. I had just waxed it. Tried Ice from Turtle Wax and it really works for me. I'm scared to do much else to it because I like the ride too much. I travel from MS to VA or to TX a lot and I don't want to sacrifice the quality. Its so smooth. I wish I could find TRD struts for the TRD springs, but I'm still looking.

ChadnMS
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby SolaraSport » Tue Dec 27, 2011 9:42 am

Welcome, Nice Ride and the color is nice too
SolaraSport
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby SoSleek » Tue Dec 27, 2011 12:02 pm

ChadnMS wrote:Thanks for the welcome and compliment. I had just waxed it. Tried Ice from Turtle Wax and it really works for me. I'm scared to do much else to it because I like the ride too much. I travel from MS to VA or to TX a lot and I don't want to sacrifice the quality. Its so smooth. I wish I could find TRD struts for the TRD springs, but I'm still looking.

It appears to be a Sport, which have upgraded struts as is. You should be good for some time with those Sport struts. If you have the regular base SE struts it would be a different story. Very nice looking car! I love the Absolute Red!!
2004 Black Solara SE Sport - Minneapolis, MN
SoSleek
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby ChadnMS » Thu Dec 29, 2011 3:05 pm

I appreciate the compliments. "SolaraSport", I wanted to paint the roof of mine black like yours. Does it attract more heat? I love the red, but would have liked a pearled white better. I'm sure it'd attract less tickets. :) I usually have no problem owning up to tickets when I deserve them, but since I got this car, I've gotten so many BS tickets. One cop lied all the way just to give me one. A 77 in a 55. I fought it all the way to appeals court, but no luck. I got the damn ticket anyway.
"SoSleek", Thanks for that info. I was racking my brain and websites looking for the TRD struts. So little info on them. I was trying to replace the rear struts because the right rear scrubs when I hit certain bumps. I got 65,000 miles on these, and was looking to upgrade. I feel better now knowing the struts are upgrades already.

ChadnMS
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby SoSleek » Thu Dec 29, 2011 3:23 pm

It's probably not your strut when you go overs bumps. It's likely your tires rubbing your wheel well. If you have tires that are slightly larger than stock diameter, or wider you may be rubbing. Mine rubs over large dips on occasion. I don't think it's a big problem unless it is happening constantly. It's all part of being lowered :) If you want to be sure you can take a rear wheel off and look at the inner/upper wall of your wheel well. You will see slight wear marks if the tires are rubbing. BTW, my last car was red...I know what you are sayin. I haven't got any tickets since!
2004 Black Solara SE Sport - Minneapolis, MN
SoSleek
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby DSM_Lara » Thu Jan 12, 2012 1:53 pm

As we say in Hawaii "E Komo Mai" Image to Solaraguy.
Last year greetings =D
1999 Toyota Solara SE V6 (TRD Edition) Rare Greddy EvoII/CP-E Intake/Renova Grill/Black Housing Front/OEM Hood Deflector :kp: :spam3: :spam1:Musubi
DSM_Lara
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Return to Introductions