[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Roll-over protection Solara SE Sport 2007
New and Old SolaraGuy members should post a hello message here to let everyone know who you are. Tell us about your Solara! We want to know.

Roll-over protection Solara SE Sport 2007

Roll-over protection Solara SE Sport 2007

Postby jochen » Tue Dec 27, 2011 10:15 am

Hi,
I want to buy a 2007 Toyota Solara SE Sport convertible, but I am worried that it does not have roll-over protection, like the pop-up bars that Volvo, Audi, BMW etc have. My question is if I can replace the rear headrests on the Solara with headrests that are very stable and stick out farther, so that they can serve as roll-over protection?
Thank you!
Jochen
Pasadena, CA
jochen
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Re: Roll-over protection Solara SE Sport 2007

Postby SoSleek » Tue Dec 27, 2011 12:33 pm

No matter what you put in for headrests they are all going to be the same gauge of rod so they will fit into the headrest mounts. A head rest isn't going to do sh*t in a roll over, lol. if you are worried about getting into a roll over accident you'd be best off having a custom or universal 4pt roll bar welded to the unibody. Most verts are reinforced enough in the windshield/a-pillars to handle the impact from a roll over crash...enough to protect anyone in the front seats anyway. The spring actuated rollover bars are designed mainly to protect back seat passengers.
2004 Black Solara SE Sport - Minneapolis, MN
SoSleek
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Return to Introductions