[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - New Here! Project car, 1999 Toyota Solara SLE V6
New and Old SolaraGuy members should post a hello message here to let everyone know who you are. Tell us about your Solara! We want to know.

New Here! Project car, 1999 Toyota Solara SLE V6

New Here! Project car, 1999 Toyota Solara SLE V6

Postby Brando82 » Tue Jan 17, 2012 8:35 am

Greetings to everyone. I'm new to this forum. I own a 1999 Toyota Solara SLE V6. It's white with tan leather interior. I will try to get some pics up. My wife was using the car but I bought her a new one and decided to keep the Solara for a project car. I want to restore it to it's former glory and do some inexpensive mods to give it a little more power. It has a little damage to the front bumper, but other than that, there's just some little things that need some tlc. I'm mainly going to be researching inexpensive mods to give it a little more power but nothing major. Last thing i'll do is try and find a supercharger for it but that's a long time away. So if you know of any inexpensive mods that I can do myself, please feel free to let me know. Keep in mind, I'm not much of a mechanic, however, I can change my own oil, brake pads and things of that nature. I like doing things myself that I can figure out, but I leave major mechanics to the professionals.

The only thing I've done to the car so far since I bought my wife her new car is take out the old hood insulation, It's filthy, degreased the engine and inside of the hood. I've replaced the valve cover gaskets, they were leaking, and changed the plugs and oil. Painting the brake calipers is next on my list and replacing the plug wires. Next i'll replace the windshield, and rear tires. I want to put dual exhaust on it with dual oval tips on each side, not loud exhaust though, can't stand loud exhaust if it's coming from a V6. I don't mind it being a little louder but I'm not looking to make people hear it. Rims are going to be replaced, stock ones are, hate to say it, UGLY! The car is a sleek body style so I really want to bring that sleek look to it a little further and maybe add some modest ground effects so if you know of a site that has some, let me know. I don't want anything fancy or extravagant, just simple because the car naturally looks good. Except for the rims, they really throw the whole car off.

I'll try and get some pics up soon. It's definitely a fixer upper but not at all a bad starter project car. I'll be doing a slow fix up on it and i'll be taking plenty of pics along the way. Any help I can get or ideas about mods, websites for perforance or aftermarket parts, would be greatly appreciated.

Brandon
Brando82
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Re: New Here! Project car, 1999 Toyota Solara SLE V6

Postby GzNutz » Tue Jan 17, 2012 5:58 pm

Welcome!
GzNutz
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby yaddadaimsayin » Tue Jan 17, 2012 6:30 pm

welcome. you can check out the pictures section and the for sale section to get you started.

sidenote: don't we have a brandoe81 on this forum??
l CP-e Intake l TRD Lowered/Exhaust/RSB l 20/5 Tints l Custom Grille l Alpine HU l Rocksford Amp l 2 10" JBL Subs l 6000k HID l Smoked 2.5 Tails l Satisfied Driver l
yaddadaimsayin
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby DSM_Lara » Wed Jan 18, 2012 12:19 pm

As we say in Hawaii "E Komo Mai" Image to Solaraguy.

We have a Brandoe91 memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=8019
1999 Toyota Solara SE V6 (TRD Edition) Rare Greddy EvoII/CP-E Intake/Renova Grill/Black Housing Front/OEM Hood Deflector :kp: :spam3: :spam1:Musubi
DSM_Lara
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Return to Introductions