[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - 2002 Transponder keys ??
New and Old SolaraGuy members should post a hello message here to let everyone know who you are. Tell us about your Solara! We want to know.

2002 Transponder keys ??

2002 Transponder keys ??

Postby Locomotives » Sun Mar 18, 2012 6:43 pm

I just a bought a 2002 Solara LE a few months ago. It came with 2 keys. One key had the Toyota logo the other did not. We were using the key with the Toyota logo but my son lost the key and the keyfob last week. After settling down and researching I figured this was going to be expensive to get another key made. My owners manual said it had a transponder key. Searching the internet confirmed as much. I went to Ace Hardware in town. They advertise making transponder keys for $79. I brought my remaining key and the counter person placed it in their electronic test key machine. He said you are lucky, there is NO transponder. He also checked on his computer to confirm. He said it would be $3.99 to cut a new key. Skeptical, I said great and go ahead and make it. I brought the newly cut key, opened the drivers door and started the car and drove it home with the new $3.99 key. My vehicle was built Oct 2001, Does this car have a transponder key? I can't imagine the Toyota manual being incorrect. Does anyone have any ideas?
Locomotives
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Re: 2002 Transponder keys ??

Postby corlon » Sun Mar 18, 2012 10:03 pm

no transponder on your vehicle. it was available for that year though, guessing thats why its it the manual.
NiCe
corlon
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Return to Introductions