[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - My New 2004
New and Old SolaraGuy members should post a hello message here to let everyone know who you are. Tell us about your Solara! We want to know.

My New 2004

My New 2004

Postby tswieto » Tue Jun 19, 2012 11:37 am

Hey guys! New member here. The name is Tom and this is my 2nd Solara. My very first car was a 2000 Solara until I totaled it. Then it was a 2000 Celica GTS until I sold it a few weeks ago and just bought this sweet gal. Say hello to Catrinel. (Named after the Fiat model from the Super Bowl ad).

I'll be looking for parts, upgrades, and any help I can find on this forum in the next few weeks. Looking forward to meeting everyone.

My to do list includes:
-TRD Rear Sway Bar
-Black Headlight Housing
-Smoked Tail Lights
-New Black Grills (Upper and Lower)
-Undecided on Debadging or Painting Badges Black
-Not sure what rims to get but I am set on 18's (am intrigued by a set of TRD rims)

Any input is welcome!

tswieto
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Re: My New 2004

Postby GzNutz » Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:10 pm

Welcome!
GzNutz
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby KingKevin » Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:48 pm

Welcome! Good luck with your mods
2001 SE V6

Injen intake w/ extension - Renova Grill - custom catback exhaust - 2 12" Kenwood subs - Tein s tech - neons - 8000k headlights - 3000k fogs
KingKevin
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby tswieto » Sat Jun 23, 2012 12:48 pm

Does anyone think that these would look nice on my Solara?

http://chicago.craigslist.org/sox/pts/3064135034.html

If not, are there any suggestions?
tswieto
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby GzNutz » Sat Jun 23, 2012 1:10 pm

They look good.
GzNutz
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby yaddadaimsayin » Sat Jun 23, 2012 1:23 pm

welcome. i've always had a thing for the red gen2s. if you're doing the red and black theme, why don't you get yourself a set of black wheels?

check out our old boy Phreak's car:
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/718840/2004-toyota-solara
l CP-e Intake l TRD Lowered/Exhaust/RSB l 20/5 Tints l Custom Grille l Alpine HU l Rocksford Amp l 2 10" JBL Subs l 6000k HID l Smoked 2.5 Tails l Satisfied Driver l
yaddadaimsayin
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby tswieto » Sun Jun 24, 2012 11:16 am

Thanks for the link yadda! That is almost exactly what I would like to do to my Solara. I think it looks pretty sharp.

And GzNutz, I will probably be using that DIY to black out my head lights. Thanks!
tswieto
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby dougdangger » Thu Jul 12, 2012 12:33 pm

Nice car. My wife almost bought a red one too if the dealer didn't lie to her.
I dropped her off at ********wood Toyota and told her I'll meet her in a few minutes. When I caught up with her, she had already looked at a red 05 SE Sport. It was nice. The sales guy had told her it was a V6. I looked at the sticker and it said 4 cyl. I had a feeling the guys was lying to her. I told the guy to show me the car, opened the hood and asked him where were the other 2 cylinders. He just said, "Oh, I had mistaken it for the other car". I grabbed my wife and we left.

Anyways, that's how we almost ended up with a red one :D We got a silver 4 banger. Been great the past 7 years.
dougdangger
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby DSM_Lara » Thu Jul 12, 2012 2:47 pm

dougdangger wrote:Nice car. My wife almost bought a red one too if the dealer didn't lie to her.
I dropped her off at ********wood Toyota and told her I'll meet her in a few minutes. When I caught up with her, she had already looked at a red 05 SE Sport. It was nice. The sales guy had told her it was a V6. I looked at the sticker and it said 4 cyl. I had a feeling the guys was lying to her. I told the guy to show me the car, opened the hood and asked him where were the other 2 cylinders. He just said, "Oh, I had mistaken it for the other car". I grabbed my wife and we left.

Anyways, that's how we almost ended up with a red one :D We got a silver 4 banger. Been great the past 7 years.

Interested story.

As we say in Hawaii "E Komo Mai" Image to Solaraguy both to dougdangger and tswieto.
1999 Toyota Solara SE V6 (TRD Edition) Rare Greddy EvoII/CP-E Intake/Renova Grill/Black Housing Front/OEM Hood Deflector :kp: :spam3: :spam1:Musubi
DSM_Lara
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Return to Introductions