[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Mikester checking in
New and Old SolaraGuy members should post a hello message here to let everyone know who you are. Tell us about your Solara! We want to know.

Mikester checking in

Mikester checking in

Postby Mikester » Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:49 am

Hey all, my name is Mike; I currently hang my hat in St Louis. I am in the Air Force and have lived all over the world. Most recently, I just completed a one-year "sentence" in Afghanistan.

I have a silver 2004 SE (4cyl). I bought it in April 2008 and I have to say it has been very good to me! Although this is my daily go-getter, I still took the time to give her a magnaflow header, a whole new front section of exhaust piping and an Injen short-ram. It's a 5-speed, which I like, but don't like for a daily in traffic lol... but I wouldn't trade it for anything! I bought it with 64,000mi on it; and it now has about 130,000 (I drive a lot lol). In that time, the only things I have had to replace are the exhaust manifold (catalytic), water pump and the left rear wheel bearing. It's about as dependable as a car could be~

I am kind of a car guy. I lived in Okinawa for 6yrs and have a fair amount of R and S chassis experience... and with that experience came the appreciation for regular auto maintenance and taking good care of my rides=)

Anyway, that's me. Looking forward to chatting & learning a thing or 3 :)

Mike
Mikester
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Re: Mikester checking in

Postby 1gSE » Tue Jul 10, 2012 10:00 am

w00t! Another AF guy! What do you do? I'm AGE stationed at Dyess :roll: Been here for 4 months and I'm ready to GTFO. I just came from Souda Bay and I want to go back to Europe

Welcome to the forum
GTO-Vararam/Kooks/Spintech/MGW-P/Tune-12.9 @108
Solara-M62 @ 5.5psi
1gSE
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby GzNutz » Tue Jul 10, 2012 10:24 am

Welcome!
GzNutz
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby DSM_Lara » Thu Jul 12, 2012 2:51 pm

As we say in Hawaii "E Komo Mai" Image to Solaraguy
1999 Toyota Solara SE V6 (TRD Edition) Rare Greddy EvoII/CP-E Intake/Renova Grill/Black Housing Front/OEM Hood Deflector :kp: :spam3: :spam1:Musubi
DSM_Lara
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby Mikester » Fri Jul 13, 2012 11:13 am

1gSE wrote:w00t! Another AF guy! What do you do? I'm AGE stationed at Dyess :roll: Been here for 4 months and I'm ready to GTFO. I just came from Souda Bay and I want to go back to Europe

Welcome to the forum

Hey thanks man! I am a functional mgr at HQ AMC... Avionics (GAC) by trade. I did 5 years in Germany & 6 in Okinawa- loved being overseas too. If it wouldn't put me so far from the kids, I'd go back over in a heartbeat! Got 19yrs & change in now- looking forward to retiring a just a few more yrs :)

Hope you make it TF outta there. Abilene = lame lmao!
Mikester
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby 1gSE » Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:25 am

Abilene isn't so bad.....Dyess on the other hand. I thought things were already over complicated in AGE. Dyess takes it to a whole new level
GTO-Vararam/Kooks/Spintech/MGW-P/Tune-12.9 @108
Solara-M62 @ 5.5psi
1gSE
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby SteveSolara » Sat Jul 14, 2012 11:42 am

Welcome!
Image Image
SteveSolara
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Mikester » Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:16 am

Hey thanks! Good to add yet another forum to the list lol! Plan on keeping my Solara till it breathes its last breath... so I figure this will be a pretty good resource!
Mikester
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby SteveSolara » Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:54 am

Thats what i like to hear!
Image Image
SteveSolara
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Return to Introductions