[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Reverse lights
New and Old SolaraGuy members should post a hello message here to let everyone know who you are. Tell us about your Solara! We want to know.

Reverse lights

Reverse lights

Postby ToyotaSolara » Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:04 am

Hello, I have a 2000 Toyota Solara 2.2 DOHC Automatic transmission and my reverse lights are not working.
I replaced the bulb then it worked, but I also had to replace the brake light bulbs, and when I step on the brake, the light indicator comes back on in dash, then when I had some one check my reverse lights again, they were not working. It seems to be a common problem with the switch at the transmission with the manuals, but it happens as soon as I step on the brake.
ToyotaSolara
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Re: Reverse lights

Postby SteveSolara » Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:58 am

Have you checked your fuses?
Image Image
SteveSolara
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby ToyotaSolara » Sat Jul 28, 2012 4:20 pm

Actually, I replaced the bulbs and now the light on the dash only goes on when I step on the brake, so I believe this is indicating that my brake pads are low and want replacing. (I also don't know where the fuses are, I don't have a chiltons for this car.)
ToyotaSolara
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby SteveSolara » Sat Jul 28, 2012 4:48 pm

Fuses are under the driver side dash, behind the little pop out tray under the steering wheel
Image Image
SteveSolara
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby 1gSE » Sat Jul 28, 2012 5:34 pm

check the fluid level while you're at it
GTO-Vararam/Kooks/Spintech/MGW-P/Tune-12.9 @108
Solara-M62 @ 5.5psi
1gSE
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby SteveSolara » Sat Jul 28, 2012 5:47 pm

Yeah blinker fluid level can go out pretty quick
Image Image
SteveSolara
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby dinoxor » Sat Jul 28, 2012 8:32 pm

Your owner's manual should tell you how to gain access and where the fuses are located
dinoxor
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Return to Introductions