[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - My first 07 Sport
New and Old SolaraGuy members should post a hello message here to let everyone know who you are. Tell us about your Solara! We want to know.

My first 07 Sport

Re: My first 07 Sport

Postby DJDonPX » Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:07 pm

dougdangger wrote:Welcome. Was your short throw the same as the tC?

Yes it was actually! Direct bolt in. I found that it is easier to remove the entire shifter assembly and put it together outside of the car.

By the way... Someone pissed off my Solara. If you see the culprit, thank them for me ;)

I also would like to report that the intake is installed and working. Exhaust is also installed now. Sounds mean lol
DJDonPX
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby DSM_Lara » Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:52 pm

That looks so Good, Eyelids make a huge difference on Gen2
1999 Toyota Solara SE V6 (TRD Edition) Rare Greddy EvoII/CP-E Intake/Renova Grill/Black Housing Front/OEM Hood Deflector :kp: :spam3: :spam1:Musubi
DSM_Lara
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby DJDonPX » Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:04 pm

It'll do for now. I wanna possibly do fiberglass that can be painted to match eventually. I gotta redo the drivers side too. Somehow my vinyl got messed up. Oddly enough the passenger side looks flawless and it's the first one I did lol but thanks for the kind words as always. It's crazy to see how far it's come in my eyes in the 2 months I've owned it. I started building it in honor of a friend of mine who died in his sleep back in February. He had dreams to build a car but never got to start so I'm living his dream for him.

Tein suspension coming soon. Not in the near future but in the future some form of forced induction will be added.
DJDonPX
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby GzNutz » Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:09 pm

Your lara looks great with the eyelids!
GzNutz
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby DJDonPX » Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:12 pm

GzNutz wrote:Your lara looks great with the eyelids!

Thanks! Now she just needs a drop, some nice wheels, and tint and I'll be happy with the exterior.
DJDonPX
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby DJDonPX » Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:14 pm

I also wish they made a badgeless honey comb grille something like DSM_Lara's car has...
DJDonPX
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby DJDonPX » Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:35 pm

Since you guys are such great supporters I guess I'll upload some more pics of the mods...

Painted Calipers

JVC AV70BT DVD unit

Short throw shifter

Valve cover sprayed metallic black, VVTi hand painted red, Strut brace and battery tie down painted anodized red, custom intake installed.

Custom 2.5" Cat-Back Magnaflow exhaust

3000K HIDs in the Fogs

At a car show back in September

End result of car show. First Place Import Mild class :)

First 3 pics were taken by my EMS Partner at work. Phantom Photography. Show her page some love at: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Phantom- ... 07?fref=ts
DJDonPX
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby SoSleek » Fri Oct 05, 2012 7:50 am

Nice care man! I owned a 2004 Solara SE Sport that was totaled in January. I just picked up a 2007 Solara SE Sport and LOVE it! Mine has black leather too, which is extremely rare. Mine is a V6 though. I really wish the manual transmission was an option on the V6 models.
2004 Black Solara SE Sport - Minneapolis, MN
SoSleek
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby DJDonPX » Fri Oct 05, 2012 10:21 pm

I actually hate leather. I like the more aggressive look of the sport cloth honestly lol. I wish the v6 was manual as well. I love my 2AZ but I wish it had more pep to it. Thanks for the love :) I want a cartoon solara like yours for a t shirt I'm making! lol
DJDonPX
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby SoSleek » Sat Oct 06, 2012 9:00 pm

I actually loved my cloth seats on the 04. The fabric is very nice. The only thing I don't like about leather is them being cold in the winter and hot in the summer. I really like everything you have done so far! Keep us posted!
2004 Black Solara SE Sport - Minneapolis, MN
SoSleek
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby tooshorty » Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:19 am

DAAANNGG! is that V-Tec under that hood? lol j/p Congrats on the trophy!
Valley of the SUN!!!!
tooshorty
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby DJDonPX » Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:10 am

PLEASE!! I crack VTEC like Emeril cracks eggs y0! Hahaha thanks guys. I love this car hands down.
DJDonPX
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby tooshorty » Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:07 am

Well lets just kick it up a notch then! lol BAM!
Valley of the SUN!!!!
tooshorty
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby DJDonPX » Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:06 pm

Racing seats, Sparco harness bar and 4 point harnesses coming sooooooon!!! I'm more excited than Gallagher at a farmers market lol
DJDonPX
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby DJDonPX » Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:15 am

Time for some more updates... I'm not as fortunate as DSM_Lara to live in a warmer climate so I'm thawing out up here in the boondocks of Pennsyltucky.. Just ordered Tein Springs and a Sub/Amp setup. Thinking I may do a writeup on the sub/amp wiring install since no one else has.
DJDonPX
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

PreviousNext

Return to Introductions