[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - My first 07 Sport
New and Old SolaraGuy members should post a hello message here to let everyone know who you are. Tell us about your Solara! We want to know.

My first 07 Sport

My first 07 Sport

Postby DJDonPX » Thu Aug 02, 2012 3:36 pm

Hey all, name's Don. EMT by profession. Just picked up my Solara a few days ago because I needed a little better mileage than my SUV was getting. 54k miles. I'm the second owner. My question is where can I find a short shifter for this damn thing?! TWM's only goes up to like 03... I love everything about the car except how it shifts...

DJDonPX
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Re: My first 07 Sport

Postby SteveSolara » Thu Aug 02, 2012 3:59 pm

Welcome! Glad your liking the solara! Post a new thread on the Wanted/For sale section ( viewforum.php?f=39 ) and i am sure someone will get to you
Image Image
SteveSolara
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby DSM_Lara » Thu Aug 02, 2012 4:12 pm

As we say in Hawaii "E Komo Mai" Image to Solaraguy.
I alway love the body style on the Sport Gen2.5. Updated look, Lip Kit, more sportier lip trunk spoiler, LED tail lights, etc... If I would want a Gen 2 it would look similar to what you have. That's if I could find a clean one but, so far I'm enjoying this 99 Solara.
1999 Toyota Solara SE V6 (TRD Edition) Rare Greddy EvoII/CP-E Intake/Renova Grill/Black Housing Front/OEM Hood Deflector :kp: :spam3: :spam1:Musubi
DSM_Lara
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby DJDonPX » Thu Aug 02, 2012 4:18 pm

This one was just too nice to pass up. I was looking at a Mazda 3 and then my attention shifted to this. I drove it and had to have it.

Plans down the road include lowering, wheels, intake and exhaust. Nothing too insane. I'll probably tint the tails and blackout the headlights as well.
DJDonPX
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby SteveSolara » Thu Aug 02, 2012 4:23 pm

to be honest, I like the clean look of this gen too. Personally I would keep the tails the way they are, and only do the blacked out housing for the headlights. The color of the car matches with the tails.
Image Image
SteveSolara
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby DSM_Lara » Thu Aug 02, 2012 4:27 pm

SteveSolara wrote:to be honest, I like the clean look of this gen too. Personally I would keep the tails the way they are, and only do the blacked out housing for the headlights. The color of the car matches with the tails.

The headlight housing is already black.....
1999 Toyota Solara SE V6 (TRD Edition) Rare Greddy EvoII/CP-E Intake/Renova Grill/Black Housing Front/OEM Hood Deflector :kp: :spam3: :spam1:Musubi
DSM_Lara
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby DJDonPX » Thu Aug 02, 2012 4:28 pm

I haven't fully decided yet. I may keep the tails the way they are. My silver Jetta had smoked tails for a while. It was nice but the red looked better once the windows were tinted. The tint on the tails then was overkill
DJDonPX
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby DJDonPX » Thu Aug 02, 2012 4:30 pm

DSM_Lara wrote:
SteveSolara wrote:to be honest, I like the clean look of this gen too. Personally I would keep the tails the way they are, and only do the blacked out housing for the headlights. The color of the car matches with the tails.

The headlight housing is already black.....

It's more of a grayish in person I think lol
DJDonPX
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby DSM_Lara » Thu Aug 02, 2012 4:33 pm

If I had that car this is what I would do regarding lighting.... Eyelids for the headlights and a light tint on the rear tail lights prefer film only so its removable (Don't go too dark maybe just a light to still have that red).

Here's the eyelids I'm talking about.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=51184&hilit=eyelids
Last edited by DSM_Lara on Thu Aug 02, 2012 4:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
DSM_Lara
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby SteveSolara » Thu Aug 02, 2012 4:38 pm

WOAH! That is some eyelids!!
Image Image
SteveSolara
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby DJDonPX » Thu Aug 02, 2012 4:38 pm

DSM_Lara wrote:If I had that car this is what I would do regarding lighting.... Eyelids for the headlights and a light tint on the rear tail lights prefer film only so its removable (Don't go too dark maybe just a light to still have that red).

Here's the eyelids I'm talking about.
http://www.solaraguy.com/viewtopic.php? ... it=eyelids

I was actually thinking a light tint w/ film. I hate the spray bomb stuff from niteshades. It fades and dulls after a week. Thanks for sharing the eyelids as well. I may have to do that.
DJDonPX
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby GzNutz » Fri Aug 03, 2012 4:15 am

Welcome!
GzNutz
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby yaddadaimsayin » Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:50 am

welcome. i haven't put my eyelids on yet but someday! i've considered taking the tints off my tails too but for now the black on black theme works. the 2.5 tails peek through the tint hella nice.
l CP-e Intake l TRD Lowered/Exhaust/RSB l 20/5 Tints l Custom Grille l Alpine HU l Rocksford Amp l 2 10" JBL Subs l 6000k HID l Smoked 2.5 Tails l Satisfied Driver l
yaddadaimsayin
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby DJDonPX » Wed Aug 22, 2012 7:13 pm

Well so far I've installed a short throw shifter, painted the calipers, done some other minor paint work here and there, installed a DVD/Nav unit, and debadged the trunk. I bought an intake from a Scion tC because some thread on here said it would fit but when I got it today and attempted to install it the MAF hole didn't line up and the pipe was way too long... Back to the drawing board I guess...
DJDonPX
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby dougdangger » Wed Sep 19, 2012 8:27 am

Welcome. Was your short throw the same as the tC?
dougdangger
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Next

Return to Introductions