[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - On my second Solara
New and Old SolaraGuy members should post a hello message here to let everyone know who you are. Tell us about your Solara! We want to know.

On my second Solara

On my second Solara

Postby angelsmom89 » Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:25 am

Hi all!

I purchased a purpley/blue 1999 Solara with 15K miles in 2000. I loved that car soooo much. :oops: :lilangel: A few months after I got my car, my dang dog had an anxiety attack in the car and chewed a hole in the curved part of the dashboard above the instrument panel that I could put my whole darn hand through!!! :bad-words: I just sighed and decided there was no point in beating the dog. My dad suggested that I just put duct tape over the hole. Quelle horreur!!! It cost me almost $1,500 to replace the dashboard. Aside from that, my Solara's life was pretty uneventful.

In September of 2007 my Solara had over 180,000 miles on it. I thought it was certain that I would get at least another 100K out of it. Then on September 30, 2007 a lady pulled out in front of me and I hit her rear quarter panel at about 45 mph. :snipersmile:

The insurance company totalled out my Solara and told me that, because of the large number of miles of faithful service, my little Solara wasn't worth much. :puppydogeyes: I was devastated and spent the next 4 years driving a horrible Honda Civic HX and a hardy little Dodge Neon. The Honda got stolen and stripped and the Neon was sold to my nephew who let run totally out of oil, causing its' demise. :arg:

In January 2010 I purchased a 2006 Arctic Pearl Solara SE. At first I really missed my little blue Solara, but I have come to love my new Solara just much as my first one. :angel: :loveit: The new one had 71K miles and seems pretty good. Not sure how well it was maintained, but I had it checked out by a mechanic who said it was really good. I take care of my new baby and hope that we will have many happy years together. :-D

I look forward to interacting with all of you on this forum! :cheers:
No heaven will not ever Heaven be
Unless my cats are there to welcome me.
~Author Unknown
angelsmom89
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Re: On my second Solara

Postby yaddadaimsayin » Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:27 am

holler! welcome to the forums. post some pics of your new ride when you get a chance.
l CP-e Intake l TRD Lowered/Exhaust/RSB l 20/5 Tints l Custom Grille l Alpine HU l Rocksford Amp l 2 10" JBL Subs l 6000k HID l Smoked 2.5 Tails l Satisfied Driver l
yaddadaimsayin
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby GzNutz » Tue Aug 14, 2012 4:13 pm

Welcome!
GzNutz
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby Projex0 » Wed Aug 15, 2012 2:16 am

welcome