[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Hello from Delaware
New and Old SolaraGuy members should post a hello message here to let everyone know who you are. Tell us about your Solara! We want to know.

Hello from Delaware

Hello from Delaware

Postby alexalex717 » Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:02 pm

Hello everyone. 'Bout my first car last week! (1999 Toyota Solara) And I fxcking love it! Saved it up with my money from Army Basic and Advanced Training.

I think it's great to see that theres a site that's dedicated to Solaras. I really like that. From seeing this Forum, I'm very excited about the potential that my car has. I wanna put money into it but I just wanna know is it really worth it in its current state.

Its has about 161,000 miles on it. Its runs great, and drives like a charm. I toke it to a Auto Shop yesterday and was told it had a very"minor" coil problem. He also told me my car was in wonderful shape even for car with 161k.

Just wanna know, from "ya'lls" opinion, is it worth putting the money into it to make it look like I want it to. Which is like many of the cars on this Forum. Thanks!
Army National Guard Soldier. 1999 Toyota Solara
alexalex717
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Re: Hello from Delaware

Postby GzNutz » Thu Aug 16, 2012 4:17 am

Welcome!
GzNutz
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby alexalex717 » Thu Aug 16, 2012 8:19 am

Hey man. Thanks a lot!
alexalex717
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby dinoxor » Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:43 pm

Welcome!
I drive a 2000 sle v6 with 153k miles and it is still going strong!
yup money is still going in it, mainly for preventative and regular maintenance
once everything is in working order the aesthetic portion is next
this car has soo much potential!

aside from that, remember
if you take care of her she'll take care of you!
dinoxor
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby alexalex717 » Thu Aug 16, 2012 4:37 pm

Thanks alot for the advice bro!
alexalex717
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby SteveSolara » Fri Aug 17, 2012 8:53 pm

Well, any car is worth putting money into if you like it. But if you just want to have it as a DD that's no problem. I have a 1999 solara se with 175K miles on it now and still runs like new. just got to keep up with it and it will last almost forever. I put a ton of money, and time into my Soalra and yes it was worth it. And it's my Daily Driver :) If you need any ideas of what to do, look at the DIY section or the Photo section, there are a bunch of things to do.

Post up pictures and progress! Oh! and Welcome to SG!! :)
Image Image
SteveSolara
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby alexalex717 » Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:38 am

Thanks alot Steve. Really needed an opinion from a Solara Driver. Really looking forward to having my car for a long time. And posting pics, I will defiantly do. Thanks alot for your advice.
alexalex717
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Return to Introductions