[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - New to cars. Love my Solara.
New and Old SolaraGuy members should post a hello message here to let everyone know who you are. Tell us about your Solara! We want to know.

New to cars. Love my Solara.

New to cars. Love my Solara.

Postby Kioko » Sat Sep 08, 2012 7:35 pm

I got my first car (my Solara) about a year ago, and havent been driving her that much, just actually got my license about a month and a half ago. Been a long time lurker here, and ths site is a haven of information to me. I have a Gen 1 (2001 to be precise) 2.2L 4 cylinder, with little done to the engine (yet) but the short ram cold air intake. As of right now shes kindof not doing so well, learning to drive with a low frontend, not fun, not only that but the guy who first put the kit on, attached it with so much bondo it cracks, it was primed, but never sanded before (The previous owner, my stepdad, was clueless in the area of body work, so he got others to do it). Shes currently wearing an r34 bodykit, with a new front bumper in the living room for replacement, Duraflex this time.
18 inch rims and the corresponding lower profile tires, modified to a dual exhaust, with rectangular tips (kindof sleek, but no sound amplification at all, all my sound comes from under the hood). The original JBL system has loing been replaced, not sure of the exact speakers but i know the brands (and can find out more on the rear speakers easily} a pioneer and an m-audio in the front (both just a bit to small for the old JBL mounting points) with what I think is the JBL tweeters near the handles still. Infinty(?) speakers in the back that amaze people when I prove I have no subwoofer. Currently I want to try to get a bit of free performance out of her, maybe improve mpg a bit, as it would seem my mpg is horrid at times. Just changed the radiator out (hairline crack) with a cheaper one, that has a nice lifetime warranty, changed the hose to (mine was pretty flimsy). I feel like im rambling a bit, ill leave it here, with one question:

Any movies and/or games with the Gen1 or 1.5 you know of? Also, I just recently finished the live action Initial D movie [drifting, Japanese] and Wangan Midnight [more of highway racing, Japanese] are there any other like this? excluding FatF since im sure weve seen them all :popcorn:
Image of Solara incoming, work to be done first.
Kioko
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Re: New to cars. Love my Solara.

Postby GzNutz » Sat Sep 08, 2012 8:18 pm

Welcome! Post up some pics.
GzNutz
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Re: New to cars. Love my Solara.

Postby Kioko » Sat Sep 08, 2012 9:33 pm

Maybe ill post some pics of her BEFORE we get her nice and purty. My front bumper is trashed, shes covered in primer, and has spots of a darker primer, so atm, most people think shes junk, till they ride, then they give her some faith :-?
Image of Solara incoming, work to be done first.
Kioko
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Return to Introductions