[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - 01 trd intro Rockford Ill
New and Old SolaraGuy members should post a hello message here to let everyone know who you are. Tell us about your Solara! We want to know.

01 trd intro Rockford Ill

01 trd intro Rockford Ill

Postby dreday14 » Thu Sep 20, 2012 7:27 pm

Hey guys just got my first Solara/ Trd edition, S/C, trd springs, bilstein shocks, rear sway, trd strut bar, molly designs kit, trd muffler/ TSW wheels/ 70k miles. jbl system
Really happy with it, first solara. Auto. Not my first Toyota by far though, wife rocks a 02 Camry Le we had since new, reliability is amazing over 146k runs like new!! mk3 supra, sc400, es300, also have a soft spot for Taurus SHO had a couple of them. :D

So far cleaned the TRD air filter, mobil 1 oil change, trans flush at the dealer, and a detail.
Coming up this weekend:
replacing the supercharger plate idler pulleys
replacing serpentine/blower belt
denso ik22 spark plugs
ngk wire set
got the trd oil change kit for the blower/

Hoping to do some mods in the future, for now I'm enjoying the available power and see no need for extra. I have a couple of not so good pics, proper dlsr shoot coming soon!!!! :wink:

dreday14
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Re: 01 trd intro Rockford Ill

Postby 1gSE » Thu Sep 20, 2012 7:31 pm

Damn! Your car looks flawless! Welcome
GTO-Vararam/Kooks/Spintech/MGW-P/Tune-12.9 @108
Solara-M62 @ 5.5psi
1gSE
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby dreday14 » Thu Sep 20, 2012 7:42 pm

Thanks!! Few scuffs here and there nothing crazy, pretty kept up for the year. Was surprised myself. Funny thing I didnt know anything about the Trd laras until I saw this one :l lol
dreday14
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby DSM_Lara » Fri Sep 21, 2012 4:23 am

Looks just like mines but Red.... I love it. Only thing that I notice are the Faded anodized Red Center Screws on the rims. And what ever you don't debadge those TRD Molly Designs Badges. If you do give them to me I need more. lol
1999 Toyota Solara SE V6 (TRD Edition) Rare Greddy EvoII/CP-E Intake/Renova Grill/Black Housing Front/OEM Hood Deflector :kp: :spam3: :spam1:Musubi
DSM_Lara
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby dreday14 » Fri Sep 21, 2012 4:10 pm

thanks Dsmlara/ your black one rocks man! Love the grill/ Do you have any idea on how to recolor the center cap screws??? And unfortunately I was actually going to ask where to get more of those stickers they are pretty trashed... :l lol looked on ebay to no avail
dreday14
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby ToyoSolV6 » Fri Sep 21, 2012 4:30 pm

Wow very very nice! Not too many people hop on the boards with their solara looking like this already! its beautiful :D

as for the molly design stickers. There is no more on ebay because DSMlara bought all of them a while back he has a pretty nice collection going on lol
One of the few Built Forged Supercharged solaras in so cal
335whp x 344tq.
ToyoSolV6
Solaraguy's dopest driver

Postby dreday14 » Fri Sep 21, 2012 6:13 pm

Hey thanks ToyoSol your ride looks sick too, loving the rims/ I want to do the yellow fogs like on your sig. I might take the stickers off...they are that bad. Im going to look for an alternative sticker lol
dreday14
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby TLMNICK » Fri Sep 21, 2012 7:16 pm

That car looks so awesome in red. Nice pickup for sure. Looks like it was definitely taken care of.
TLMNICK
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby GzNutz » Sun Sep 23, 2012 5:38 pm

Nice Lara. And welcome to SG!
GzNutz
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby ToyoSolV6 » Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:21 am

dreday14 wrote:Hey thanks ToyoSol your ride looks sick too, loving the rims/ I want to do the yellow fogs like on your sig. I might take the stickers off...they are that bad. Im going to look for an alternative sticker lol

Thanks man! well in your case appearance on your car is basically done. Unless you want to get better wheels, suspension little things here and there but overall the car looks amazing as is!
335whp x 344tq.
ToyoSolV6

Postby dreday14 » Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:16 pm

Thank you all for the warm welcome. But yeah aesthetics are pretty much done I think, now I just need moar boost! ! Haha
dreday14
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby ToyoSolV6 » Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:58 pm

as long as you boost safely that engine should last forever.
335whp x 344tq.
ToyoSolV6

Postby DSM_Lara » Tue Sep 25, 2012 4:51 am

Since your changing your Spark plugs/wires. Change your valve cover gaskets while your at it, you don't want to go in there again... I could become a PITA.
Final part number on 2 page viewtopic.php?f=23&t=53429&hilit=+head+job
1999 Toyota Solara SE V6 (TRD Edition) Rare Greddy EvoII/CP-E Intake/Renova Grill/Black Housing Front/OEM Hood Deflector :kp: :spam3: :spam1:Musubi
DSM_Lara
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Return to Introductions