[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Addicted to my Solara :)
New and Old SolaraGuy members should post a hello message here to let everyone know who you are. Tell us about your Solara! We want to know.

Addicted to my Solara :)

Addicted to my Solara :)

Postby SolaraMan2003 » Sun Jan 03, 2016 5:12 pm

Hello Solara Lovers!

In 2003 I purchased a Certified Pre-Owned 2000 Solara and was in heaven for a week. On the eighth day I sold the car to my brother-in-law (who was the person who originally turned me on to the Solara model) and went back to the Toyota dealer to lease a brand new 2003.

I had 113k happy miles in the 6 years that I owned it. In 2009 I purchased a 2008 that I still have. Every year I research the new cars to see if there is something that I would like to own, and I come up empty-handed. My Solara is perfect. Pretty much everything I've done to it was pure maintenance. I'm very big on preventive maintenance (i.e. 3k oil/filter changes) as I like to keep on top of things. The car has 118k miles now and I'm CERTAIN it can go another 100k with no problem. They really made a great car when they came up with this one!

Last month I got the idea that perhaps I could buy a second car that I could have some fun with on the weekends. I shopped around and found myself this wonderful dark blue 2003 Lexus SC430. A day hasn't gone by without my thinking about what to do next on the car, or actually doing the work! It's certainly keeping me busy. Even though the Lexus is already in "great" shape, I'm a big fanatical and I have to get to the point where it is in "great, great" shape to meet my standards.

So for now I have the two cars and might consider parting with the Solara at some point. But it's going to be very hard for me to let her go. We've been happy together now for 6 1/2 years.
Dedicated 2008 SLEv6 Owner
Previously: 2000 and 2003
I LOVE MY SOLARA !
SolaraMan2003
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Re: Addicted to my Solara :)

Postby michaels artic frost » Fri Jan 22, 2016 12:06 pm

Welcome!
Updated 06/01/12: Michael T's
Updated 06/01/12: JUICED! 232whp 294ft/lbs of torque
"Every passing minute is another chance to turn it all around."
michaels artic frost