[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - New to the forum
New and Old SolaraGuy members should post a hello message here to let everyone know who you are. Tell us about your Solara! We want to know.

New to the forum

New to the forum

Postby Buckeyegirl » Sat Oct 04, 2003 6:33 pm

Hello to everyone, just bought a '04 SE Sport Absolute Red with sunroof.
I traded in my '02 RAV4 2wd 5-speed for it. I hope I have better luck with this car than my RAV. The RAV had so many squeaks and rattles which was even worse in colder weather. The RAV was very loud on the interior also, lack of insulation from the factory. I figured that since the RAV was made in Japan the quality would be better, I was wrong. This is Toyota's last chance with me to prove quality still means something, or I'm going back to Honda. So far so good with my Solara, I love the amount of looks I get from people trying to figure out what is it and who makes it. I'm worried about dings from the lack of body side molding. Does anybody make a bra yet for these cars, I already got my first stone chip. I'd like to get some mudguards before winter too but Toyota doesn't offer them. :D
Buckeyegirl
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Re: New to the forum

Postby fotodad » Sat Oct 04, 2003 7:24 pm

Buckeyegirl wrote:Hello to everyone, just bought a '04 SE Sport Absolute Red with sunroof.
I traded in my '02 RAV4 2wd 5-speed for it. I hope I have better luck with this car than my RAV. The RAV had so many squeaks and rattles which was even worse in colder weather. The RAV was very loud on the interior also, lack of insulation from the factory. I figured that since the RAV was made in Japan the quality would be better, I was wrong. This is Toyota's last chance with me to prove quality still means something, or I'm going back to Honda. So far so good with my Solara, I love the amount of looks I get from people trying to figure out what is it and who makes it. I'm worried about dings from the lack of body side molding. Does anybody make a bra yet for these cars, I already got my first stone chip. I'd like to get some mudguards before winter too but Toyota doesn't offer them. :D

Welcome, Buckeyegirl!

I am truly surprised with all the squeaks and rattles you mentioned with your RAV. I've owned two Toyota vehicles (both Solaras) and maybe had one rattle which I found and fixed. I'm pleased to see you are happy with your Solara (knock on wood)!

Regarding the lack of body molding and possible door dings, best way to keep from getting door dings is not to park near cars. I ALWAYS park way out in the boonies and take up two spaces, and the walk is good for my health! I can't comment on whether standard bras are available for the '04s (I did read on a post someone bought a magnetic bra and was happy with it), but I had an InvisiGuard clear bra put on my car. I love it! It cost a bit much to buy and have installed, but I think it was worth every nickel.

Enjoy the journey in your HOT red Solara! :D
2004 Solara SLE
Lunar Mist/Graphite
InvisaGuard
20% tinting all around
Michelin Pilot A/S
Sirius/Streamer plug and play satellite radio
a smiling face in the driver's seat!
fotodad
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby impactX » Sat Oct 04, 2003 11:11 pm

If you don't want problems, you shouldn't buy 1st year model cars.
impactX
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Re: New to the forum

Postby Buckeyegirl » Sun Oct 05, 2003 6:34 am

fotodad wrote:I am truly surprised with all the squeaks and rattles you mentioned with your RAV. :D

I wasn't the only one with these problems, check out www.rav4world.com.
All the RAV's from 2001 - up had the same problems. I took my RAV back to the dealer so many times that it just got to be frustrating and a big inconvenience.
Don't worry I do park way out, but it never fears you have some a_ _hole that parks right next to you in either a piece of junk or a lease car that they don't care about anyway.
The dealer did such a great job at preping the car that my husband had to take the floor mats out and vacuum the inside with all the gravel under the mats. Heres the best part, the cold tire psi. was 45 psi in the L.F., 36 L.R., 40 R.R., and 42 in R.F. Does anyone take pride in their jobs anymore? Now that the correct psi (32) is in the tires it drifts to the left a little, time for a re-alignment.
Buckeyegirl
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby fotodad » Sun Oct 05, 2003 3:43 pm

impactX wrote:If you don't want problems, you shouldn't buy 1st year model cars.

impactX,

I here where you're coming from. I bought a Nissan 350Z after it hadn't been made in something like five years. Wow! What a mistake! I encountered all sorts of problems which I directly attribute to the Z being a first year model. And I worried about the same issue with the 04 Solara. Maybe I'm rationalizing, but I don't see the 04 as a first year model. Sure, it's been redesigned cosmetically and a different engine is in it. But I see these changes as improvements from one generation to the next. Plus I think Toyota builds a better vehicle than Nissan.

I've got 1500 miles on my car, and so far so good (knock on faux Solara wood)!
2004 Solara SLE
Lunar Mist/Graphite
InvisaGuard
20% tinting all around
Michelin Pilot A/S
Sirius/Streamer plug and play satellite radio
a smiling face in the driver's seat!
fotodad
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby ChrYstiE » Sun Oct 05, 2003 6:10 pm

My suggestion is to get a clear bra on the front instead of a leather one.
08 VW GLI
ChrYstiE
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Return to Introductions