[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Just got my Solara today!
New and Old SolaraGuy members should post a hello message here to let everyone know who you are. Tell us about your Solara! We want to know.

Just got my Solara today!

Just got my Solara today!

Postby MGLax13 » Mon Oct 13, 2003 5:28 pm

Hey everyone, my name is Matt. I just picked up my 2000 Solara SE V6. It's my first car thats totally mine. I got my license back in January and I've been driving around my parents 99 Accord sedan which isn't a bad car either but when it was time to get my own, I wanted a Solara and searched and searched and finally found one in my price range. It's hard to afford a Solara as an 18 year old....lol. I hope I can share my knowledge of cars with you guys, especially my knowledge or car audio and car audio installations. I look foward to posting alot on the board.
MGLax13
SolaraGuy Solara13
SolaraGuy Solara13

Re: Just got my Solara today!

Postby fotodad » Mon Oct 13, 2003 5:58 pm

MGLax13 wrote:Hey everyone, my name is Matt. I just picked up my 2000 Solara SE V6. It's my first car thats totally mine. I got my license back in January and I've been driving around my parents 99 Accord sedan which isn't a bad car either but when it was time to get my own, I wanted a Solara and searched and searched and finally found one in my price range. It's hard to afford a Solara as an 18 year old....lol. I hope I can share my knowledge of cars with you guys, especially my knowledge or car audio and car audio installations. I look foward to posting alot on the board.

Hey, Matt!

Good to have you on board. I owned a 2000 Solara then a Nissan 350Z then back to a 2004 Solara. In many ways I liked my 2000 over my new 2004! I liked either Solara over the 350Z.

I'm amazed at all these youngsters getting such nice cars at such a young age. Oh well, more power to ya.
2004 Solara SLE
Lunar Mist/Graphite
InvisaGuard
20% tinting all around
Michelin Pilot A/S
Sirius/Streamer plug and play satellite radio
a smiling face in the driver's seat!
fotodad
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby MGLax13 » Mon Oct 13, 2003 6:04 pm

I'm amazed too but I got kinda lucky. Originally, I was supposed to not have a car at all because I was going away to college, but things happened and I stayed home for college and ended up going to the local community college, saving me roughly $20,000. So I tried to cut a deal with my parents since I needed a car to get to and from school and I told them I'd pay half the price of the car before tax, title and all those goodies so now I'm $5,500 in debt...but it's worth it.
MGLax13
SolaraGuy Solara13
SolaraGuy Solara13

Postby WTF?? » Tue Oct 14, 2003 9:31 am

Welcome to the board!!

Congrats on your new se v6!! Let us know about your mod list... but like you said ud be in debt for a while heheh... all good... just work your butt off!!
:evilbat:
Retired... its been fun Image
WTF??
SolaraGuy Professional Racer
SolaraGuy Professional Racer

Postby midnightsolara » Tue Oct 14, 2003 6:04 pm

WElcome matt! I'm now starting to think about getting a 2000 V6 5spd now, so lemme know how you enjoy yours!
I think it's time to get a Solara now.
midnightsolara
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby MGLax13 » Tue Oct 14, 2003 6:17 pm

I am in debt but I'm paying half the montly payments on the financing which we got at an incredible 1.9% (for a used car, thats like awesome) So I have some cash on the side to put into my new baby. As of right now, it's the first day of ownership and I've got in the following:

Pioneer DEH-P6500 head unit
JBL BP300.1 mono amp
2 12" Rockford Fosgate subs (not sure of the model, I bought them off a friend for cheap when I had my Accord)
Took off the "Toyota" emblem

This weekend, I'm installing my Silver Stars, I'm gonna take the yellow peice out of my corner lamps, do the 9006 to 9005 conversion on my fog lights, possibly change out the rear yellow blinker and white reverse bulb to something truly white as well.

The mods I have planned are to swtich those 2 subs for a single Alpine Type-R. I don't need my bass to be heard down the street, I just like clean strong bass so one powerful sub will do. Then I'm getting the windows tinted. Once spring comes, I will have saved up enough to get me some rims, lower the car and possibly some type of brake work. Most likely the Supra TT rotors and I have a friend who does incredible machine work and can make me those brackets for fairly cheap.

Then from there, who knows...I don't think a supercharger is in the plans ever b\c the car already has 60k on it and by the time i get up enough cash, it won't be worth it.
MGLax13
SolaraGuy Solara13
SolaraGuy Solara13

Return to Introductions