[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Ideas for Mid Atlantic VII
SolaraGuy, Solara, and/or Camry events. Post your event listings here!

Ideas for Mid Atlantic VII

Postby Jon11582 » Mon Jul 19, 2004 10:30 pm

Sundays probably a bad idea since these NOPI eventss can drag on til about 10pm or even later. Then alot of people have to drive back a few hours, and sunday nights the thing before Monday morning.

Id personally prefer Saturday, but let me know what the rest of you think.

Like I said before, we can make a minimeet in Jersey before Atco. Maybe Aug 7th-8th or something? Since its small and nobody would really be driving a rediculous distance, I dont mind sunday for a small meet.
2000 Black Solara SE
Jon11582
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby shidosha01 » Wed Jul 21, 2004 7:03 pm

Jon11582 wrote:Sundays probably a bad idea since these NOPI eventss can drag on til about 10pm or even later. Then alot of people have to drive back a few hours, and sunday nights the thing before Monday morning.

Id personally prefer Saturday, but let me know what the rest of you think.

Like I said before, we can make a minimeet in Jersey before Atco. Maybe Aug 7th-8th or something? Since its small and nobody would really be driving a rediculous distance, I dont mind sunday for a small meet.

August 7 and 8 work great for me. I close my business for summer break that week so I'll be free. Keep us posted Jon.
Rizal D. / Forever "tabasco"
99 V6 SE 5spd FT61 1MZ-FTE
393whp/445ft-lbs. TQ @15psi
shidosha01
Mod Alumni
Mod Alumni

Postby JoeB » Wed Jul 21, 2004 9:58 pm

I'll try to make it whenever. I'm always up for getting together but what do you think about waiting until later in September when summer vacations are over and people are settled again. Maybe we can get more people then. On the other hand, I love the idea of seeing the Pro Solaras burning up the track and setting new records! Thoughts? -JoeB
Please stop by and rate my ride.
http://www.cardomain.com/id/jbailer
JoeB
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby Jon11582 » Wed Jul 21, 2004 11:18 pm

JoeB wrote:I'll try to make it whenever. I'm always up for getting together but what do you think about waiting until later in September when summer vacations are over and people are settled again. Maybe we can get more people then. On the other hand, I love the idea of seeing the Pro Solaras burning up the track and setting new records! Thoughts? -JoeB

When summer vacation ends, college/school begins so we lose alot of the college aged crew who school away from home. Im trying to make one every 3-5 weeks or so, just so theres always something to look forward to and it aint too bad if you miss a meet.

I think the Atco should be the huge one everyone tries to make it to though. That means NY, MD, VA, NJ, DE, PA, MA, CT. It a good location and not a bad drive for both hubs. I know Jones beach was kind of far for you MD/VAers, and MIR was far for the NYers. Not only that, the three fastest Solaras in the world are gunna be there burning up the track (The four fastest if Rizal runs :D) Watchin Rizal and Joe run is something everybody should see at least once.

Now about the Minimeet, anyone else interested in 7th-8th? I was thinking it would just be a small Jersey thing, but anyones welcome. Im thinking a South Jersey beach meet for this one, since summers going to be gone soon. If I can get 2 others besides Rizal and myself to be in for this, ill get a thread up. Im feeling Sunday for this one for all those people who work on Saturdays. Plus beach meets dont drag on til evening like track meets, so you can still have time to drive back home and not hate yourself on monday morning.
2000 Black Solara SE
Jon11582
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Previous

Return to Events