[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - SolaraGuy Travels(Post up any trips you have in THIS thread)
SolaraGuy, Solara, and/or Camry events. Post your event listings here!

SolaraGuy Travels(Post up any trips you have in THIS thread)

Postby Americanctm10 » Tue May 20, 2008 8:55 pm

I'm going to Myrtle Beach for Mustang Week from July 23 -28.

And probably Panama City sometime this summer as well.
99' SLE V6: 17' Enkei J10's, TRD RSB, Renova grill, Debadged, 35/20%Tint, CP-E Intake w Crispmongo Filter, NEW PAINT!
Americanctm10
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby crispone » Tue May 20, 2008 9:35 pm

WOW! Forgot about this thread!

I'm moving around local a lot... and sometimes further. PHREAK! Too bad our orient trips aren't crossing again! I did Geronimo again this time, and it was A HOOT! (Pics later... really good stuff, and another SATURDAY NIGHT, no less!)

Orangeville Ontario area (1hr N. Toronto) wk of June 2 (4th/5th?)

Detroit area (Matsuchan Ramen on Ford & Sheldon?) 5/29

Eaton Rapids area MI 5/30

HIN Columbus! 5/31 :wink:

Ontario as above again wk of June 10 (9th/10th/11th range?)

Nashville area (TBD by my schedule... June or July?)

North Carolina (and route between from I-75 in Ohio... June 13-16th

...and hopefully, back to Japan again at least one more time this year?

I might be down in Mexico sometime as well later this year... but that's not clear yet.

(Also around the South Bend/Elkhart area during third week of July?)

I don't even know if any members are around most of those places! HA!

-crisp

:evilbat:
crispone
Immitagably Verbose Dude
Immitagably Verbose Dude

Postby Donnie » Wed May 21, 2008 3:38 pm

Hit me Crisp.........................See, I said if this keeps up I'll meet everyone. Didn't realize Nashville was so traveled. Maybe it's the central location.
Donnie
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby crispone » Wed May 21, 2008 6:34 pm

Donnie wrote:Hit me Crisp.........................See, I said if this keeps up I'll meet everyone. Didn't realize Nashville was so traveled. Maybe it's the central location.

I'll try to give a heads-up when the date is nailed down. I'll be just East in the Mt. Juliet (sp?) area for a day in there... and might have an evening/night/morning on either the front-side or back-side of the visit to the plant I'm stopping at...

-crisp :evilbat:
crispone
Immitagably Verbose Dude
Immitagably Verbose Dude

Postby tacti » Thu Jul 17, 2008 7:58 pm

I'm thinking of traveling to San Francisco in September by DRIVING!!!

the date is not set yet, but either late september or early october.

My girl friend's current boss will retire and move down to colorado, and she also has old friend in Utah.
our plan is drive down from ohio to colorado over night, and then stay over night in colorado, then drive down to Utah and stay another night.
we'll be in SF for about a week, then drive back.

from google map, we'll probably drive I70 all the way down to either colorado springs and take north to I80, or salt lake city in Utah, and then drive up to I80.

anyways, i just wanted to see if anyone's interested in some rest area meet on the way, or definitely a meet in SF area.

by the way, does those emission requirement apply to out of state vehicle as well?
i'm pretty sure that my car will fail on california emission test...., and also i don't have any emission certificate on any of my engine parts....

I will post more detail schedule once the time get closer.
Me and my gf still needs to figure out when we can take our vacation time.....

tacti
Used to be... Sand Mica THE Limited
Now... RX-8 THE Stock.... :(
RX-8 Page
Solara Page
SG Map
tacti
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby tacti » Sun Jul 20, 2008 6:45 pm

well.. now i need to find a place to stay in SF.
i ws going to stay a my gf's friend house while she's gone for a while, however, now she will not going out of town, and either we need to give up or find a place to stay.
since my gf has friend in UCSF, i'm looking around for a hotel in that area.

here is the question.
i'm looking for a cheap place to stay, but want to be at safe enough place so that i don't have to worry about someone break into my car....

so, question is anyone in that area, are there any good cheap hotels, or area you recommend me or recommend me to avoid?

any information would be appreciated!!

Tacti
Used to be... Sand Mica THE Limited
Now... RX-8 THE Stock.... :(
RX-8 Page
Solara Page
SG Map
tacti
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

next planned trip

Postby jetbtkng » Fri Jan 16, 2009 9:05 pm

yuma prison run in arizona in april 09, no laughlin run this time, :drinking: way too many cops, :drinking:
jetbtkng
solaraguy idiot racing team
solaraguy idiot racing team

Postby Gangis » Fri Jan 16, 2009 9:10 pm

Went on a photography expedition on the Old Melbourne Highway yesterday. Here's one of the pics I took.

Going to Massachusetts in a couple of weeks for a week and then NYC for the following weekend.
2002 Solara SLE V6 convertible - GONE as of 3/2010
2010 Nissan Versa 1.8 S Hatchback
Gangis
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Re: next planned trip

Postby lilm » Sat Jan 17, 2009 12:30 am

jetbtkng wrote:yuma prison run in arizona in april 09, no laughlin run this time, :drinking: way too many cops, :drinking:
what is this i want to go lol
[quote="PhreakdOut"]Nice Jeff. I can't even get fat chicks to pose with my cars. [/quote]
lilm
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby Taido » Tue Feb 10, 2009 6:46 pm

I'll be taking this route home to Utah on the 27th of March unless my days off get changed back to Sunday/Monday. I'll have to see what my limits are for distance driving. So far I've gone for 3 hours no problem. Anyone willing to lend a driveway or anything for a few hours while I rest would be greatly appreciated.

Edit: I'll also be heading to Brookings, Oregon just past the border w/ NorCal on the coast to see a friend for a day or so on the 2nd. Most of the time spent will be in Utah during the last part of my leave cause my birthday's April 17th. In all I'll probably be putting about 6k miles on the car. Give or take a few hundred.

Edit again: Suggestions on maintenance before I head out? Car had 38k when I got her from the dealer and just barely did an oil and oil filter change.

Edit yet again: Changed the start date.
Last edited by Taido on Wed Feb 11, 2009 3:00 pm, edited 3 times in total.
'06 Black Cherry Pearl tC inherited the headunit and subs so far...
'04 2AZ-FE Lunar Mist Metallic Solara SE (Totaled)
Taido
Audiophiliac
Audiophiliac

Postby Donnie » Tue Feb 10, 2009 8:13 pm

Taido wrote:I'll be taking this route home to Utah sometime during the first week of April.
Edit: I won't be headed back to Charleston until the 20th or so. I'll also be heading either to NorCal, Arizona, or Oregon depending on where/if my friend has moved by then. Most of the time spent will be in Utah though.

You're gonna be about 4 miles from my house when you're on I-24 going into Clarksville. I'll PM my cell. Hit me up and I'll buy (insert appropriate meal here).
Donnie
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Taido » Tue Feb 17, 2009 6:03 pm

I really would like some input on what sort of check-ups I should do. You guys know these cars better than I do. I sent the dealership an email seeing if they could tell me when those aftermarket wheels were put on and if anything else was added. My bet is they'll tell me nothing was added on.
Taido
Audiophiliac
Audiophiliac

Postby solara90 » Tue Feb 17, 2009 6:36 pm

Check all of your fluids, Brake, Coolant, Oil, Power steering, Tanny fluid. Also make sure your tires are properly inflated... just some basic things to check
02 solara 2az

solara90
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Taido » Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:30 am

I'm taking another trip home late February/early March. This time for good though, so there'll be no return trip. I'll either be taking the same route as above posted, or something similiar to this route, or dip down lower like this one depending on what the weather looks like. I'm getting some Continental ExtremeContact DWS tires to deal with the snow at home, but I want to avoid it as much as possible on the way there. The route is not set in stone and I know there're a bunch of people in TX and the upper part of Georgia. I don't want to deviate too far for sake of time and gas. Donnie and his wife were kind enough to open their home to me for a night in April last year (Thanks again for that. :) ). Heck, if you're on the way I'll stop and say hi, grab some (insert meal here), w/e just to take a break from driving. Hit me up and I'll fit you into my plans.
Taido
Audiophiliac
Audiophiliac

Postby crispone » Tue Feb 02, 2010 2:35 pm

MEXICO from TOMORROW thru SATURDAY pm...

Monclova, Saltillo, and who knows... hopefully not SHOT somewhere along the side of a dirt road inbetween...

(Gringo not so welcome in some parts, I hear... :o )

I'll try to take a few pics. :wink:

-crisp :evilbat:
crispone
Immitagably Verbose Dude
Immitagably Verbose Dude

PreviousNext

Return to Events