[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - 3 Porsches, a RX8, and me at the Dragon *pics on page 3*
SolaraGuy, Solara, and/or Camry events. Post your event listings here!

3 Porsches, a RX8, and me at the Dragon *pics on page 3*

3 Porsches, a RX8, and me at the Dragon *pics on page 3*

Postby Taido » Sun Aug 09, 2009 7:56 am

I'm gonna go ahead and start a thread on this. We'll be going to the same place where PhreakdOut had his ZDayZ meet.

Tail of the Dragon website

We'll open this up to TN, ClubLexus, ScionLife, or w/e other Toyota forums you can think of.

I was thinking the 9-10 of October sounded good and should have good enough weather. What do you guys think?

Update: Fontana Village has plenty of availability and can give a 10% (maybe 25%. will know more soon.) discount if we book at least 10 rooms or 5 of their cabins. And it's been recommended that we run the Dragon as early in the morning as possible to avoid other riders. Killboy is the main photographer for the Dragon and they normally start shooting at 9AM so that sounds about good. So we can just move the car show to Friday night followed by the party and make the run Saturday morning. Still haven't heard back about the TSD Rally.

P.S. Get the word out.
Last edited by Taido on Sun Oct 11, 2009 7:41 pm, edited 5 times in total.
'06 Black Cherry Pearl tC inherited the headunit and subs so far...
'04 2AZ-FE Lunar Mist Metallic Solara SE (Totaled)
Taido
Audiophiliac
Audiophiliac

Postby unbalancedwood » Sun Aug 09, 2009 8:43 am

Taido does your gen2 have any stand out markings to it? Ive seen more Solara's down here then anywhere! I drive a Blue CRX or light blue 92 Bonneville...
unbalancedwood
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby Taido » Sun Aug 09, 2009 8:50 am

Yeah if you look carefully at the passenger side there's a spot where the clear coat is peeling and I'm semi-debadged with just Solara and the Toyota emblem. Are you anywhere near the Air Force base?
Taido
Audiophiliac
Audiophiliac

Postby 1SICKLEX » Sun Aug 09, 2009 9:13 pm

There are 2 big car shows in Atlanta Sept 18/19 FYI.

Please keep us updated on CL and try Seloc.net as well.
Atlanta Ambassador
1SICKLEX
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby Taido » Mon Aug 10, 2009 5:03 am

We can move the dates to whatever works. What about 9-10 October? The site has an events calendar and it looks like no one else will be there that weekend. I don't wanna push the weather factor getting too close to them getting snow.

On a side note, does TN deactivate your account if you don't post after a while?
Taido
Audiophiliac
Audiophiliac

Postby ~SolaRaSpeed~ » Mon Aug 10, 2009 9:21 am

all I can say is watch out for Radar!
~SolaRaSpeed~
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby Taido » Mon Aug 10, 2009 10:07 am

We'll probably have someone with a detector run up front. ;)
Taido
Audiophiliac
Audiophiliac

Postby PhreakdOut » Mon Aug 10, 2009 4:04 pm

Stay on topic or you'll lose readers.

Try to plan your trip well in advance. Car clubs book up resorts months ahead of time. There are cabins in the area that make for a great smaller meet. You can rent one that sleeps 12 or so and split up the cost. Some of them have pool tables and hot tubs.

Good luck with the planning. Stay at it and keep pushing forward. The more organized it is the more likely folks will show.
-- The Phreak
'04 350Z 6spd Touring Roadster w/Nav | Megan Racing | Greddy | Nissan Motorsports | Whiteline | Wicked Tuning | Giovanna | Injen | Polished Intake & Throttle Body | Eibach | Central 20 | Stillen | Misc CF Items
PhreakdOut
Mod Alumni
Mod Alumni

Postby Taido » Tue Aug 11, 2009 2:00 am

I'll go ahead and say the 9-10 of October is set in stone. I've sent an email to Fontana Village Resort asking about the possibility of group rates. As well as someone else who had previously set up a meet there for more information on a TSD (time-speed-distance) rally they had done. Also trying to find out how to set up sponsors for things like awards and food for Friday's party.

If Fontana Village does have availability I'll know for sure if they have a minimum check-in time. If they're lenient with it then I'd say meet up and be ready to go cruise the Dragon at 5PM Eastern. When we get back there'll probably be a party/get together (BYOB) until whenever you decide to head to bed. Then on Saturday I'm thinking the Rally and a car show/audio competition then a final dinner before we all head home.

Again, any input will be met with open ears and arms.
PhreakdOut wrote:Stay on topic or you'll lose readers

Yeah this forum seems to be notorious for that... >.>
Taido
Audiophiliac
Audiophiliac

Postby Taido » Wed Aug 12, 2009 5:19 pm

bump
Taido
Audiophiliac
Audiophiliac

Postby PhreakdOut » Wed Aug 12, 2009 9:24 pm

Just a heads up, the weekends of October are really bad. As colors start changing, the Dragon is usually filled with old people in Motorhomes. Impossible to do over 25 mph.
-- The Phreak
'04 350Z 6spd Touring Roadster w/Nav | Megan Racing | Greddy | Nissan Motorsports | Whiteline | Wicked Tuning | Giovanna | Injen | Polished Intake & Throttle Body | Eibach | Central 20 | Stillen | Misc CF Items
PhreakdOut
Mod Alumni
Mod Alumni

Postby Taido » Wed Aug 12, 2009 10:42 pm

...ROADBLOCK! lol Kidding. But still. Even in the mornings?
Taido
Audiophiliac
Audiophiliac

Postby TMMK Toy » Sun Aug 16, 2009 1:15 pm

Hmm, I may be down. Will know for sure in the next day or so. I'd def. bring the eight six down for this. And one solution to the motorhomes is drive the Dragon at night.
TMMK Toy
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Taido » Mon Aug 17, 2009 1:31 am

Problem with driving at night is visibility. And not just other vehicles you need to be able to see. Turns look different in the dark and I'm sure there's wildlife.
Taido
Audiophiliac
Audiophiliac

Postby PhreakdOut » Mon Aug 17, 2009 5:10 am

1) Driving the Dragon during the week is always best.

2) Driving it first thing in the morning will assure the fastest cars are out there picking up the pace.

3) Night does suck. Don't take this road lightly as heavy Solaras tend to overbrake and that could be a nightmare for you. Even in the Z, I took this road very easily at night and in the rain.

TMMK Toy: You mentioned "8". Do you have an RX8? Is it a 6spd? If so, you will love this road. I've taken our RX8 down it once and the Mazda's balance and tossability is awesome.
-- The Phreak
PhreakdOut
Mod Alumni
Mod Alumni

Next

Return to Events