[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Nov 7th 2009 Austin, TX Meet: *UPDATED* W/Pics & Vidz
SolaraGuy, Solara, and/or Camry events. Post your event listings here!

Nov 7th 2009 Austin, TX Meet: *UPDATED* W/Pics & Vidz

Postby Gibson99 » Thu Aug 20, 2009 12:30 am

Lee - mark me as a "probably".

as for the roads out there... even 2222 going out towards rudy's is a neat road simply because of the big hills and sweepers. suggested speed 35? pfft... last actual speed limit sign i saw said 55 or 60 so i'm doing at least that. :D

then again, there are no hills in houston, so i think any hills are fun. one of these days i'll be able to bring the miata out to the appalachian foothills and maybe even the tail of the dragon. :D

i can definitely see a caravan leaving from houston. I know a guy with a bone stock 96 le i4 camry that would probably love to tag along and he can put his photography skills to work for us all: http://roadstersquirrel.deviantart.com/

i just need to text him and see what he says.

btw - here's one of the first ever camry meets, from back in the early days of camryman. way back in december 1999, at the Hong Kong Mall.

wow. 10 years. didn't realize it'd been that long!
Gibson99
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby LEE337 » Thu Aug 20, 2009 12:45 am

Thats a big 10-4... Ill also put you down as +1 :D
Your friend can take some good pics. We need to get some Solaras in that gallery of his. :lol:

Jake or Craig: one or both of yall wana plan out our cruise through the hills?
Texas SolaraGuy Meet
LEE337
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby TxBmbleBee » Thu Aug 20, 2009 6:14 am

id prefer not to, that way if its a disappointment i wont have to take the blame haha
"i just wanna go fast..."
TxBmbleBee
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Re: Nov 7th 2009 Austin, TX Meet

Postby Gibson99 » Thu Aug 20, 2009 7:37 am

LEE337 wrote:6. Gibson99 (plus photographer 8) )

chances are if he comes, he'll drive his own pimpmobile, so maybe list ScrappBT as a hopeful - as in, we're hopeful he'll come with his camera.

if he doesn't wanna pay for gas, then i'll give him a ride if it means we have a badass photographer for the event.

I dunno if he'd do it, but I'm sure he wouldn't mind people tossing him some cash for dedicated photoshoots of their cars. I am not making any promises yet tho... i haven't even talked to him yet about this - only texted him this morning and no reply yet.

last time i talked to him, i think it was when i did a timing belt job on his car this past spring.
Gibson99
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Gibson99 » Thu Aug 20, 2009 8:00 am

TxBmbleBee wrote:if anyone from houston wants to cruise up together. let me know and we will pick a meet spot on 290!

just realized that firstsolara is in tomball, so maybe you me and him can meet up somewhere on 249 and just take 1488 out to 290.
Gibson99
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby LEE337 » Thu Aug 20, 2009 3:31 pm

Gibson99 wrote:

chances are if he comes, he'll drive his own pimpmobile, so maybe list ScrappBT as a hopeful - as in, we're hopeful he'll come with his camera.

if he doesn't wanna pay for gas, then i'll give him a ride if it means we have a badass photographer for the event.

I dunno if he'd do it, but I'm sure he wouldn't mind people tossing him some cash for dedicated photoshoots of their cars. I am not making any promises yet tho... i haven't even talked to him yet about this - only texted him this morning and no reply yet.

last time i talked to him, i think it was when i did a timing belt job on his car this past spring.

That cool, Ill list him as a maybe as the photographer.
Just let us know when you hear from him. Thanx :D
Texas SolaraGuy Meet
LEE337
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby Gibson99 » Tue Sep 01, 2009 9:58 am

LEE337 wrote:
Gibson99 wrote:

That cool, Ill list him as a maybe as the photographer.
Just let us know when you hear from him. Thanx :D

looks like Sir Scrapp may be joining us afterall. his text: "I've been thinking of the meet, i might go, most likely"

dunno if he's driving his pimp gen3 or not, but i don't care as long as he brings his camera!
Gibson99
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Gibson99 » Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:00 am

btw lee - do you want to post about this over on TN so we might get more people, or are you trying to keep it just a SG thing?

link to TN's regional meets forum: http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/f92
Gibson99
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby LEE337 » Tue Sep 01, 2009 5:23 pm

^Ooo, thats a tough one.
I kinda want it to be an SG thing.

If we did end up posting on TN it would only be Camrys & Solaras.

What do the rest of you guys think???
Do we wana bring in the TN fellas???
Texas SolaraGuy Meet
LEE337
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby Chinky420 » Wed Sep 02, 2009 10:22 am

keep it for SGers only...at least for this first one

if it turns out good, then we can get one going on again with the TN guys.
Chinky420
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby black99 » Wed Sep 02, 2009 1:40 pm

Hey guys, you can def add me as a probably. Im about 15 hrs away but Ive got family in Austin and I could shoot out there for a couple days and tag along. Its planned as an all day thing right? I could def shoot out fri morn and be back sunday night hahaha. One fast turn around so lets make this one I will wanna continue to make whenever theres another. Definitely keep me in mind
99 SLE auto- Tein/Tokico combo- TRD RSB- 20% tint all around- 50% windshield- custom grill- Alpine 9857- Alpine Type R comp's- Type S 6x9's- Alpine MRP-M1000- 2 JL Audio 12W3v2- "blacked out"
black99
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby LEE337 » Wed Sep 02, 2009 3:17 pm

^Thats awesome!!!
We will all be glad to have you. :D
It gona be from Noon till whenever. 8)

So whats your name?
Texas SolaraGuy Meet
LEE337
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby black99 » Tue Sep 15, 2009 4:27 pm

Its Brian. I hope Im gonna be able to make it out. As long as Im not slammed with school work, I should def be out there
99 SLE auto- Tein/Tokico combo- TRD RSB- 20% tint all around- 50% windshield- custom grill- Alpine 9857- Alpine Type R comp's- Type S 6x9's- Alpine MRP-M1000- 2 JL Audio 12W3v2- "blacked out"
black99
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby 99V6solaraSE » Tue Sep 15, 2009 4:29 pm

damn id come out.. but im going back to florida for a month after i graduate nov5th.. but ill be coming back to san antonio in december. Just missed it.
and my solara is all beat up on the outside.. kinda embarassing.. :oops:
Blown @ 5.5PSI w/ xerd, 3inch jpp, tunable cpe Automatic... SOLD
2010 Mazdaspeed 3 ZOOM-ZOOM B)
99V6solaraSE
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby LEE337 » Tue Sep 15, 2009 6:12 pm

black99 wrote:Its Brian. I hope Im gonna be able to make it out. As long as Im not slammed with school work, I should def be out there

Nice to meet ya Brian.
I hope so too, we need all the Lara's we can get. Get your work early so you can play on the weekend. 8)

99V6solaraSE wrote:damn id come out.. but im going back to florida for a month after i graduate nov5th.. but ill be coming back to san antonio in december. Just missed it.
and my solara is all beat up on the outside.. kinda embarassing.. :oops:

Whats 2 more days??? You could go back to Florida on Sunday the 8th. :D Its gonna be awesome!!! 8)
...and youll be able to tell all the Florida SGers that you got to go to a Texas SolaraGuy Meet!!!
We dont mind a little road rash on your Lara. We will just take pics from her good side. 8) Besides mines prolly not gona have a sunroof, pray for NO rain. :-?
Texas SolaraGuy Meet
LEE337
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

PreviousNext

Return to Events