[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Nov 7th 2009 Austin, TX Meet: *UPDATED* W/Pics & Vidz
SolaraGuy, Solara, and/or Camry events. Post your event listings here!

Nov 7th 2009 Austin, TX Meet: *UPDATED* W/Pics & Vidz

Postby Chinky420 » Wed Oct 14, 2009 11:42 am

just ordered some motorola's

should be here tommarrow.

meet's coming up

T-minus 24 days
Chinky420
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby LEE337 » Wed Oct 14, 2009 11:55 am

^Awesome!!! 8)
The meet seems so close when you say 24 days away.
Its gona be tha sh!t !!! :D

Still need yall to PM your info.
Whos info I already have:
Jason
Paul
Jake
Texas SolaraGuy Meet
LEE337
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby Gibson99 » Wed Oct 14, 2009 12:01 pm

24 days seems awful short when i still haven't put in my new clutch and havent fixed my egr pipes yet so cant get an inspection sticker...

maybe i should put my moto's on the charger so they'll be ready...
Gibson99
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby LEE337 » Wed Oct 14, 2009 12:16 pm

^Better get busy then. :D

Im in the same boat. Waiting on the knuckle to come in, today, so I can get a new wheel bearing pressed in. Then completly take apart the driver side to get to the CV axle. Install the new CV half shaft, used/new knuckle, new rotors, calipers & brackets, and new SS brakelines. :-?

PLUS, rear rotors, ss brakelines, paint the calipers & bracket, and new pads. 8)

THEN, exhaust, new tails, new/used JDM headlamps & corners, new wheels, paint the grill mesh, and drop in the black plexy glass for the sunroof. 8)

All that in 3 weeks.
I can do it! :D 8)
Texas SolaraGuy Meet
LEE337
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby Chinky420 » Wed Oct 14, 2009 1:08 pm

dang lee, you best get working!

3 weekends is all.....i spent this past weekend of mine upgrading my ground wire system, and repainting my intake.

plus i'm buying Dat's Y-pipe (from solarizona), and hopefully it'll get here and i'll be able to install it before the meet comes (cutting it close)

but all in all, i just need to throw the intake back on and i'm ready to roll.

lee, you got PM
Chinky420
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby Jakecallun20 » Wed Oct 14, 2009 1:13 pm

I'm excited even though I miss the hell out of my Solara. On that same note though.... I am glad I won't be bringing it...mainly because I would have been really embarrassed at the condition of that car compared to some of you guys' cars. :lol:
02' AV6 Accord Coupe- Daily
86' Mercedes 560SL- Project
99' Solara SLE V6- Sold 09/19/09 :(
Jakecallun20
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby LEE337 » Thu Oct 15, 2009 1:44 am

Chinky420 wrote:dang lee, you best get working!

3 weekends is all.....i spent this past weekend of mine upgrading my ground wire system, and repainting my intake.

plus i'm buying Dat's Y-pipe (from solarizona), and hopefully it'll get here and i'll be able to install it before the meet comes (cutting it close)

but all in all, i just need to throw the intake back on and i'm ready to roll.

lee, you got PM

Oh believe me I am.
For the past week and a half Ive been at a stand still. I was waiting for the knuckle to come in, today :D. I didnt wana do the tails and headlamps because I havent washed my Lara in atleast a month. Plus I cant really wash her with no sunroof. So, sometime this weekend Ill be done with the Eric Sol BBK with the slotted/drilled rotors I bought from Gabe. Then Ill be able to drive her to get fitted for her plexy sunroof. Finally get to wash and claybar her. I guess after that Ill feel better about putting the tails and headlamps on her. 8)

Jakecallun20 wrote:I'm excited even though I miss the hell out of my Solara. On that same note though.... I am glad I won't be bringing it...mainly because I would have been really embarrassed at the condition of that car compared to some of you guys' cars. :lol:

Better to have loved and lost than to never have loved at all.

I would rather you push her to the meet. No matter how beat up she was. :D

You know we're gona give you sh!t for showin up to a SG meet in a honda? :D jk
Its no big deal. Atleast you got the VTEC and can prolly beat most of us at the meet. :-?
Texas SolaraGuy Meet
LEE337
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby Gibson99 » Thu Oct 15, 2009 12:21 pm

LEE337 wrote:Atleast you got the VTEC and can prolly beat most of us at the meet. :-?

my wife's car has vtec and still can't beat either of my "fixed valve timing" vehicles except in one area - fuel economy. okay, so one of my cars has pretty much the same horsepower but around a thousand pound weight advantage, and the other one has about 2.5 times the wheel horsepower... so yeah... :)
Gibson99
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby LEE337 » Fri Oct 16, 2009 6:38 am

Gibson99 wrote:
LEE337 wrote:Atleast you got the VTEC and can prolly beat most of us at the meet. :-?

my wife's car has vtec and still can't beat either of my "fixed valve timing" vehicles except in one area - fuel economy. okay, so one of my cars has pretty much the same horsepower but around a thousand pound weight advantage, and the other one has about 2.5 times the wheel horsepower... so yeah... :)

:D I guess we will find out on the 7th. :D
Its gonna be an interesting meet. 8)
Texas SolaraGuy Meet
LEE337
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby Gibson99 » Fri Oct 16, 2009 6:53 am

Jakecallun20 wrote:I'm excited even though I miss the hell out of my Solara. On that same note though.... I am glad I won't be bringing it...mainly because I would have been really embarrassed at the condition of that car compared to some of you guys' cars. :lol:

passengers look at me weird... right now my glovebox is out and you can see the rat's nest of wires all around the ECU area... none of it is bundled anymore because so much of it has been tapped into over the years - safc, rsm, trd ebc, o2 sim, knock sensor hack, additional grounds, general troubleshooting, cruise, carputer, etc etc... yeah, it's special. at least none of it is hanging down on people's feet.
Gibson99
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby TxBmbleBee » Fri Oct 16, 2009 7:46 pm

haha
"i just wanna go fast..."
TxBmbleBee
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby supernatural » Fri Oct 16, 2009 10:07 pm

I might be able to make it. I'm in Houston also so I might be able to meet you guys for the ride up there.

-Q
supernatural
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby LEE337 » Fri Oct 16, 2009 10:24 pm

supernatural wrote:I might be able to make it. I'm in Houston also so I might be able to meet you guys for the ride up there.

-Q

Sounds great bro. :D Whats your name???
Texas SolaraGuy Meet
LEE337
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

yaa

Postby 47TH_Ronin » Sat Oct 17, 2009 8:33 am

Heck, I've been out of the loop. I'll definatley be there too. Haven't done anything else to my Lara though :( Too busy working on my LSX TransAM. Dang wife....said I can only build one!! Oh yea, took the lara and my TA to Little River track last night. Best run yet with my Lara a 15.781 at 98mph lol. Best run of the night in my TA...12.3 at 110mph Gonna post a vid on car domain if I can figure out how of my last run in my TA from my buddy sitting on the side of the track with my phone. See Ya ALL in NOVEMBER. BTW, this trip is gonna dip into my ModernWarfare 2 money, so you all better show!!!
"WILL POWER...IS NO MATCH FOR HORSE POWER"
47TH_Ronin
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby Jakecallun20 » Sat Oct 17, 2009 12:38 pm

Gibson99 wrote:

Just for the record, I think this bastard is faster than my Solara was. Not that it is any big accomplishment, but I was sitting at a light and a lightly modified TC pulled up and started revving at me and we went and it was almost like he wasn't racing. I had him by like 4 car lengths.
02' AV6 Accord Coupe- Daily
86' Mercedes 560SL- Project
99' Solara SLE V6- Sold 09/19/09 :(
Jakecallun20
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

PreviousNext

Return to Events