[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - For any Houston people
SolaraGuy, Solara, and/or Camry events. Post your event listings here!

For any Houston people

For any Houston people

Postby Camman » Fri Jan 15, 2010 5:18 pm

[QUOTE=Si kid;10538620]Anyone interested in another northside meet?
Last meet was an awesome turnout, lets try and make this one bigger :D

What: JCI Meet
Where: James Coney Island (JCI)
2127 W Davis St, Conroe, TX‎
When: 8:30PM till whenever
Date: Friday 01/22/10
everyone else is welcome. just wanted to see who would be interested in this meet. Also please contribute to the establishment by buying something. thanks
Rules
1) No alcohol. Let us repeat: NO alcohol. No drugs as well.

2) No revving your engines or sounding your car horns.

3) No loud music. (please keep it at a respectful level)

4) Please watch your speed as you enter and exit the parking lot.

5) Please watch your trash. If you need to throw something away, please place in the dumpsters or give it to the cleanup crew at the end of the meet (they have trash bags). Do not leave trash on the ground.

6) There will be a diverse mix of cars and people (we welcome all kinds of cars). Please respect each other.

7) No street racing at or near the event.

8) No burn/peel outs. No drifting.

9) No speeding in the parking lot!

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=james+coney+island&sll=30.300427,-95.509644&sspn=0.106564,0.222988&ie=UTF8&radius=6.65&rq=1&ev=zo&hq=james+coney+island&hnear=&ll=30.300427,-95.509644&spn=0.106564,0.222988&z=13

lmk whos down.[/QUOTE]

its a lot of hondas but i always love to go... my buddy with a sick mr2 will be going as well

if anyone else wants to come your more than welcome
97 Camry... sitting lower now
17"Enkei DM5, Tokico/GC, TRD RSB, Borla Muffler, Tint: 30% front, 5% rear, Mod-Express H4 H/L 6k
Camman
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby jetbtkng » Fri Jan 15, 2010 8:16 pm

no drugs, no alcohol, no reving, no loud music, no burn outs, no trash, is this a religious gathering, wont be going to this meat, lol.............. :drinking:
jetbtkng
solaraguy idiot racing team

Postby LEE337 » Sat Jan 16, 2010 10:27 am

Is this something that happens every weekend?
Sounds like a lot of rules to be a meet.

I was planning on going to the NST Meet at the end of the month.
http://www.solaraguy.com/viewtopic.php?t=47400

Plenty of loud music, car reving, drifting, media coverage, free Redbull, swap meet. :D 8)
Texas SolaraGuy Meet
LEE337
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby wkbrdr91 » Sat Jan 16, 2010 10:32 am

Wow... what a boring meet. I understand no drugs and alcohol, and the trash... but it is a car meet, and the whole point of a car meet is to show off, if you cant show off, why go?
2006 Solara Sport
TRD RSB, lip kit, 2 12" Sony sub's, Injen SRI, 18" BBS rims, Tein springs, TRD struts, 5% tint, neons, 5 air horns, 55W low & fog HID's.
wkbrdr91
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Camman » Sun Jan 17, 2010 8:13 pm

its a meet we put together... not a sponsored meet where all those rules dont matter

we ask for permission to have a meet there, respect the area and make sure no drinking or drugs so we dont get in trouble with the cops
17"Enkei DM5, Tokico/GC, TRD RSB, Borla Muffler, Tint: 30% front, 5% rear, Mod-Express H4 H/L 6k
Camman
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby Gibson99 » Tue Jan 19, 2010 5:47 pm

I've never been to that meet, but have been to others with similar rules. They're much more relaxed. You don't have gangsta fools doing stupid crap that makes you worry about your car, the cops aren't showing up every 10 minutes making people leave, and you can actually enjoy yourself. interesting concept, i know, but it works well.

i can't make this one though - i'm closing friday night and opening saturday. whee!
Gibson99
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby jetbtkng » Tue Jan 19, 2010 6:08 pm

when we have our meets, theres no rules, common sense rules the day, we drink, & blaze, well some of us, and never had a problem, and our meets are so relaxed, we bring inflatable beds.................. :drinking:
jetbtkng

Postby Camman » Wed Jan 20, 2010 4:07 pm

that wont happen in houston

cops see somethin like that they'll find a way to ticket you
Camman
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Return to Events