[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - 2/28/10 NHRA street legal drag racing, FONTANA!!
SolaraGuy, Solara, and/or Camry events. Post your event listings here!

2/28/10 NHRA street legal drag racing, FONTANA!!

2/28/10 NHRA street legal drag racing, FONTANA!!

Postby HKSV6SLE » Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:09 pm

So this sunday there will be street legal drag racing at auto club speedway at fontana i will be there with some friends...so come out and join the fun.

****RULES FOR DRAG RACING****
Tune Car Radio to 104.7 FM for announcements

ALL NHRA STREET LEGAL RULES WILL APPLY AND GOVERN THE EVENT
(NHRA Rule Book supercedes all Auto Club Dragway rules)

NO ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES OR GLASS CONTAINERS PERMITTED AT ANY TIME! If you bring it in a cooler, it will be confiscated.

Basic Technical Requirements
Vehicle must have current vehicle registration; license and a valid proof of insurance (must have all documentation with you at time of registration). Cars can be brought into the speedway on trailers and approved racing slicks are permitted. All vehicles must enter off of Cherry Avenue. The speedway is located at 9300 Cherry Avenue, Fontana.
Cost - $10 per person to enter the speedway and $10 for a Tech Card to race your vehicle ($20 total).

Under 18
Anyone under 18 years of age must have a parental permission form completed to race. The form must be signed by both parents unless one parent has sole custody, in that case one signature will be accepted. If the parent(s) are not present on race day, the form must be notarized and submitted at registration. The form must be an original, no photo copies or faxes accepted. New in 2005, you will only need one form signed per year. You will be issued a card which will be good from January to December of the current year. This card must be presented at tech and registration to show you have a form on file.

10-Second Rule
There is a 10-second flat ET rule. No cars quicker than 10 seconds will be allowed. (If you need an NHRA Competition License to drive your car at an NHRA Drag Strip, it is too quick for Auto Club Dragway during a Street Legal event.)

Vehicle
No water, fuel, oil or trans leaks.

Electronics
No aftermarket electronic devices allowed (throttle stops, delay boxes, etc.)

Exhaust
Must be routed through street legal muffler(s). All runs will be monitored on a decibel meter (100db at 100" from the strip). If it is too loud you will not be allowed to run. NO EXCEPTIONS! It is your responsibility.

Tires
Approved racing slicks are permitted, as well as street legal DOT approved treaded tires, front and rear required on all vehicles. Tires will be inspected for overall condition.

Wheels
All wheel studs, with lug nuts required. Broken or missing studs/lugs must be replaced before racing. Hub caps/wheel covers must be removed for inspection.

Lines & Hoses
All fuel, transmission, brake and power steering lines must be secure and free of leaks. Neoprene fuel lines limited to 12 overall.

Radiator
Overflow catch tank (16 oz. minimum) mandatory on all vehicles and no leaks.
Driver: Must have valid state driver's license. Driver & Passenger: No shorts, bare legs, tank-tops, bare torsos, or bare feet permitted when racing. (Insurance Requirement).

Helmet
Required in all vehicles faster than 13.99 seconds. Helmet must meet SNELL 95 or better standards (must have label inside of helmet). NOTE: In January 2007 the requirement will be SNELL 2000 or better.

Seats
Must be securely fastened to floor or frame with minimum 4 attaching bolt and nuts. No sheet metal screws.

Seat Belts
All cars and trucks must have as a minimum an O.E.M. type lap belt system, securely mounted to frame or floor.

Batteries & Ballast
Batteries must be secured per O.E.M. or with minimum of two (2) 3/8 diameter bolts (no straps, bungee cords, wire, etc). Loose ballast is not permitted on the racetrack, so be prepared to empty trunks and interiors of all loose items. Spare tires, jacks, etc. must be securely mounted or must be removed. Tools, jack stands, coolers, loose speakers, wheel covers, etc. are considered loose ballast and are not permitted on the track. If you don't need it, or don't want to leave it unattended, leave it at home.

Neutral Safety Switch
All vehicles must be equipped with an operational neutral safety switch. The neutral safety switch prevents the vehicle's starter from turning the engine over unless the transmission is in park or neutral (or unless the clutch pedal is depressed with a manual transmission).

Nitrous Oxide: Bottles must be stamped as meeting DOT 1800-pound standards and must be securely bolted to the frame or floor (no bungee cords, hose clamps, etc.) All fittings, hoses, etc. must be compatible from same manufacturer, vented to outside of driver compartment.

Roll Bars & Cages
Roll bar required in any vehicle running between 10.00 and 11.49 E.T. (convertibles between 11.00 and 13.99). Roll bar/cage structures must meet minimum NHRA standards as found in the 2004 rulebook.

Motorcycles
Must be registered for the street, front and rear brakes, chain guards, ignition cutoff switch, and functioning snapback throttle mandatory. Any pressurized container (air shifter bottles, nitrous bottles) must be stamped as DOT 1800 pound standards. Leather jacket, gloves and leather (above ankle) shoes mandatory (up to 120 mph; over this speed full leather is required).

Convertibles
All racers participating with convertibles that are quicker than 13.99 seconds MUST wear a helmet.

Note: When elapsed times are quicker than 11.99 specialized racing equipment is required. For example, when a roll bar or cage is required, so is an approved 5-point harness assembly. If you know or suspect that your vehicle will exceed these ET limits, we suggest contacting the NHRA Tech Department at (626) 914-4761 with your questions.

After Tech Inspection
Move your car forward and walk to the "Tech Registration booth" where you will sign a release of liability, get your restricted area wristband and run card. Once you have completed registration, return to your car to have your number applied to your windows. You may now find yourself a pit location (10 X 20) max per car.

Hear the Call
Tune your car radio to 104.7 FM for the PA announcements. All categories will be called to the staging lanes in groups of 50. The group number is on your run card. Please DO NOT come to the lanes until your category is called. Be sure to bring your RUN CARD and have all safety items in place with seat belts on. Also, leave all loose items out of the vehicle.

Staging Lanes
When you are called to the lanes, go to the back of the staging lanes and you will be directed to a lane. At the front of the lane you will be asked for your RUN CARD, get it punched and proceed as directed.

Burn-Out/Staging
You will be directed to the water box where a 5 second burn-out is permitted. On the staring line official's signal, roll your car forward until the top two small yellow bulbs on your side of the tree are lit. STOP. You are now staged and ready. When the tree is activated, you will see 3 amber bulbs flash .500 seconds apart then GREEN. Try to leave on the last amber bulb for a better reaction time but be careful not to leave too early or you will red-light.

Finish Line
After crossing the finish line, let off the gas slowly and apply the brakes. Stay in your lane and exit at one of the two (2) exits available, the right lane should exit first even though you may have to wait on them. If you feel you cannot make the first turn off to your right safely, go to the next exit at the end of the track. DO NOT DO A U-TURN ON THE TRACK.

Quiet Please
In our continued efforts to be good neighbors, we will be enforcing our zero tolerance policy for decimeter readings over the limit. Please be considerate of what our neighbors think of us when leaving the facility. Drive Safely!!
2008 LEXUS IS350 SGM
www.lexusnet.com
HKSV6SLE
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Re: 2/28/10 NHRA street legal drag racing, FONTANA!!

Postby LostSoul » Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:56 pm

HKSV6SLE wrote:

NO ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES OR GLASS CONTAINERS PERMITTED AT ANY TIME! If you bring it in a cooler, it will be confiscated.

but do they sell beer inside ? lol!! ima be there im rolling wit my neighbor hes the designated driver jejejejjee!!!!
LostSoul
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby jetbtkng » Thu Feb 25, 2010 12:03 am

way too many rules, and im not buying a flame proof jacket, you have to have one if your sc'ed, irwindale is the same way, thats why i dont go there either................ :drinking:
jetbtkng
solaraguy idiot racing team

Postby HKSV6SLE » Thu Feb 25, 2010 4:16 am

im not sure why u say they are strict. irwindale wasn't. anyways there are people with fully prepped cars that run. ah well. as long as it doesnt get canceled, i will be there laying down rubber!!
2008 LEXUS IS350 SGM
www.lexusnet.com
HKSV6SLE
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby Mr_Chunkz » Thu Feb 25, 2010 4:29 am

id be going if my goddamn car wasnt broken again :evil:
- Mr_Chunkz -
The Daily
Mr_Chunkz
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby PhreakdOut » Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:05 am

jetbtkng wrote:way too many rules, and im not buying a flame proof jacket, you have to have one if your sc'ed, irwindale is the same way, thats why i dont go there either................ :drinking:

These are pretty common ruls with exception to the 5-point harness requirement. Some of the convertible rules seem a little harsh. (Of course I would notice those.)

I didn't see a requirement of a "flame proof" jacket. As long as you've been on this forum, I'm surprised you don't have one already. :wink:

I appreciate that the track doesn't just let any piece of crap run. I'd hate to run behind some knucklehead that is leaking oil. These seem like reasonable rules.
-- The Phreak
'04 350Z 6spd Touring Roadster w/Nav | Megan Racing | Greddy | Nissan Motorsports | Whiteline | Wicked Tuning | Giovanna | Injen | Polished Intake & Throttle Body | Eibach | Central 20 | Stillen | Misc CF Items
PhreakdOut
Mod Alumni
Mod Alumni

Postby jetbtkng » Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:08 am

yes you have to have a flame retardent jacket if your boosted, i can run all day long at willow springs at speeds above 125mph, with no jacket, no 5 point harness, just a cotton t shirt, some of the rules are rediculious, and im not wasting my money buying a fire proof jacket, im not a 300mph funny car, i drive a solara, that might go 110mph in a quarter mile................ :drinking:
jetbtkng

Postby PhreakdOut » Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:51 pm

jetbtkng wrote:yes you have to have a flame retardent jacket if your boosted, i can run all day long at willow springs at speeds above 125mph, with no jacket, no 5 point harness, just a cotton t shirt, some of the rules are rediculious, and im not wasting my money buying a fire proof jacket, im not a 300mph funny car, i drive a solara, that might go 110mph in a quarter mile................ :drinking:

I was just saying I didn't see that above. But then again, my contact prescription is older than some of the newbies that have recently joined. If that is the rule, I don't blame ya. Heck, I wouldn't put in a 5 point let alone spend the bones on a nomex jacket.
-- The Phreak
'04 350Z 6spd Touring Roadster w/Nav | Megan Racing | Greddy | Nissan Motorsports | Whiteline | Wicked Tuning | Giovanna | Injen | Polished Intake & Throttle Body | Eibach | Central 20 | Stillen | Misc CF Items
PhreakdOut
Mod Alumni
Mod Alumni

Postby ToyoSolV6 » Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:09 pm

the exhaust rules are pretty stupid. If you have a pretty built car i think its going to be loud.
One of the few Built Forged Supercharged solaras in so cal
335whp x 344tq.
ToyoSolV6
Solaraguy's dopest driver
Solaraguy's dopest driver

Postby 20SoLaRa02 » Fri Feb 26, 2010 4:11 pm

i'm thinkin bout giong, but my car isn't quite finished yet so i might hold off til next time. i may go watch though :).

I don't believe there is a fire retardant jacket rule at speedway unless they've changed their rules. i've taken my s/c solara many times and have never had a probelm.

HKSV6SLE what car are you going to be racing? your lexus?

Good Luck and keep us posted on times!
20SoLaRa02
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby jetbtkng » Fri Feb 26, 2010 4:51 pm

`if they follow the same rules as irwindale, then yes you have to have a fire proof jacket, i would think all venues follow nhra guidlines........... :drinking:
jetbtkng

Postby HKSV6SLE » Sat Feb 27, 2010 7:05 pm

hey everyone....ok well seems like the drag event is still on. so far so good. i hope the rain stops though. i will be out there first thing in the morning. i will be driving my Smokey granite mica IS350. I have lexusnet.com stickers on the back window and side windows. Come out and hang out with us. Also, look for the lexusnet.com banner.....as for the rules.....i dont think they are that strict. i mean people are there in fully prepped rsace cars, im sure you can do it easily in your street car. my cousin will be running in a stock s2000 tomorrow. anyways, its easier
2008 LEXUS IS350 SGM
www.lexusnet.com
HKSV6SLE
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby HKSV6SLE » Sat Feb 27, 2010 7:07 pm

oh yea if you come out my email is airmax87@gmail.com

i dont think im going to bring my laptop out there. see you guys there tomorrow! i hope they dont cancel the event from now until then.
2008 LEXUS IS350 SGM
www.lexusnet.com
HKSV6SLE
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby 20SoLaRa02 » Mon Mar 01, 2010 7:42 pm

Results? how was the track?
20SoLaRa02
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby HKSV6SLE » Tue Mar 02, 2010 3:14 am

track was good......ran a 14.1 @101 mph.
2008 LEXUS IS350 SGM
www.lexusnet.com
HKSV6SLE
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Next

Return to Events