[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - 2010 Jawbreaker Road Rally (Pics and Videos)
SolaraGuy, Solara, and/or Camry events. Post your event listings here!

2010 Jawbreaker Road Rally (Pics and Videos)

2010 Jawbreaker Road Rally (Pics and Videos)

Postby PhreakdOut » Mon Sep 13, 2010 5:29 am

Image http://www.jawbreakerroadrally.com

August 6 & 7th, 2010

Well, Tacti and I attended the second annual Jawbreaker Road Rally. Once again, it was a blast! The rally started under the I-75 bridge between Kentucky and Ohio and covered nearly 300 miles in one day. As you will see in the videos, Part 1 is mostly interstate. Part 2 is mostly farm back roads and Part 3 gets into some twisty single lane wooded back roads. There were about 30 cars participating. They were set off in groups of three or four in intervals of about 3-5 minutes apart. We were given a set of turn by turn directions. Tacti being the supernavigator that he is, whips out his 3G iPad and starts plotting out the course. I also have the Z's navigation to help show me the next few turns as I drive.

Anyway, here are the three videos I compiled from the three on-board video cameras on the Z. The front camera is mounted about 6 inches off the ground on the front bumper. It is a GoPro HD shooting in 720p at 60fps. The second camera forward mounted between the headrests. It is a Kodak Zi8 HD shooting at 720p at 60fps. The 3rd camera is mounted under the rear bumper between the dual exhaust facing rearward. It is a non-HD camera. (Last time I use this one.)

Part One:
http://vimeo.com/14118802

Part Two:
http://vimeo.com/14855690

Part Three:
http://vimeo.com/14921181

The official Event Teaser Video:
http://www.vimeo.com/11988953

The official Recap Video from the 2009 Rally: (They are working on a recap video for 2010)
http://www.vimeo.com/11702788

Here are a few pictures from the rally:

Tacti and I did awesome in the 350Z. Unfortunately, we were pulled over twice for about 10 minutes a stop. We finished 4th around 30 minutes behind the 1st place. (Black Porsche 996)
The three Lamborghini's you saw in the pictures did not run the event. They were scheduled to however they had another event to go to and stopped by to meet us and support the organizer. Maybe next year. BTW: One guy owns all three. His wife drove the Gallardo and his son drove the Diablo. I wish they would adopt me.

The finish line was in a small town where they were having a community party. After nearly three hundred miles of fast driving backroads, we joined the block party and grabbed a brew or two while setting up an impromptu car show. We kept it short and light as we still had group dinner plans in Cincinnati at an Italian restaurant and the after-party in the VIP section of the Mynt Martini Bar.

The second day, we all met outside our hotel and headed into Indiana for indoor Kart racing.

Last year, we snapped a few pics but we were not able to do much while driving. This year, I attached three video cameras to the car and let them roll. The 350Z's suspension is very firm so some of the footage is really shakey. Here is the link to the SolaraGuy thread on last year's event. http://solaraguy.com/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=46287&hilit=Jawbreaker

I will post up more later ...
-- The Phreak
'04 350Z 6spd Touring Roadster w/Nav | Megan Racing | Greddy | Nissan Motorsports | Whiteline | Wicked Tuning | Giovanna | Injen | Polished Intake & Throttle Body | Eibach | Central 20 | Stillen | Misc CF Items
PhreakdOut
Mod Alumni
Mod Alumni

Re: 2010 Jawbreaker Road Rally (Pics and Videos)

Postby yaddadaimsayin » Mon Sep 13, 2010 9:49 am

3 lambos!! dang. looks like an awesome event. pulled over twice??
l CP-e Intake l TRD Lowered/Exhaust/RSB l 20/5 Tints l Custom Grille l Alpine HU l Rocksford Amp l 2 10" JBL Subs l 6000k HID l Smoked 2.5 Tails l Satisfied Driver l
yaddadaimsayin
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby 1gSE » Mon Sep 13, 2010 11:00 am

great pix!!!!
GTO-Vararam/Kooks/Spintech/MGW-P/Tune-12.9 @108
Solara-M62 @ 5.5psi
1gSE
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby DSM_Lara » Wed Sep 15, 2010 4:24 am

You past by a ricer park on the side on 4:30 2nd video... Holy s..... Gas is Cheap $2.83 at 5:20. Right now here gas is $3.76/3.86/3.96. lol 3rd video 7:00.... "Now for the Bridge"...
Looks like you guys had fun.
1999 Toyota Solara SE V6 (TRD Edition) Rare Greddy EvoII/CP-E Intake/Renova Grill/Black Housing Front/OEM Hood Deflector :kp: :spam3: :spam1:Musubi
DSM_Lara
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby SleeperSolara » Wed Sep 15, 2010 8:32 am

Looks like fun man.
2000 Solara SE auto V6. Diamond White Pearl.
Top Speed Run finished at 130 mph. :o
Too many modifcations for the signature.
SleeperSolara
SolaraGuy Hall of Famer
SolaraGuy Hall of Famer

Postby PhreakdOut » Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:22 am

DSM_Lara wrote:You past by a ricer park on the side on 4:30 2nd video... Holy s..... Gas is Cheap $2.83 at 5:20. Right now here gas is $3.76/3.86/3.96. lol 3rd video 7:00.... "Now for the Bridge"...
Looks like you guys had fun.

Wow, gas prices really suck where you are. Cincinatti / Kentucky does have gas cheaper than Michigan. It's amazing how much state taxes affect the gas prices.

LOL at the ricer car and bridge. Did you happen to notice the two story tall bottle of Stroh's beer next to a farm house? You only see it a second but I was driving by and ... WTF?? It's next to a nice ranch house in the middle of nowhere. See if you can find it during the song "Gasoline" by Audioslave.
-- The Phreak
'04 350Z 6spd Touring Roadster w/Nav | Megan Racing | Greddy | Nissan Motorsports | Whiteline | Wicked Tuning | Giovanna | Injen | Polished Intake & Throttle Body | Eibach | Central 20 | Stillen | Misc CF Items
PhreakdOut
Mod Alumni
Mod Alumni

Postby PhreakdOut » Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:41 am

yaddadaimsayin wrote:3 lambos!! dang. looks like an awesome event. pulled over twice??

Once for 78 in a 55. I was doing over 100 but he clocked me as I was making a left turn. LOL The cop pulled me over and told me I was doing 78 and I was like "OK, I'll take that!"

I tried saying we were lost but the GPS screen on the dash and Tact with his 3G iPad probably didn't fool him. The officer gave me directions to turn back to the main road and keep heading towards Cincinatti but the route we had took me stright ahead down the backroads.

I tried not to mention anything about "The Jawbreaker Road Rally" but the stickers on the side of the car, the hood, the trunk lid were pretty obvious. I just hoped no one would pass me while I was getting a ticket. Of course, my friend Lee in his bright red 370Z drove past all ablaze with similar decals. LOL Aww crap!

A few minutes later, I got my ticket and the officer gave me last minute directions headed in the wrong direction. I said "Thank you" and pulled out going straight. About 500 feet down, the road made a sharp right into a wooded section. As soon as I was out of the line of sight, I hit the gas in hopes to catch up to Lee. The cops had to hear my car. LMAO!

About 10 minutes later, I caught up to Lee stuck in traffic. We approached the next turn off and Lee missed it and kept going left. Tact and I turned off per the directions and hit the gas. Keeping the pedal floored, we really made up ground quickly. We were tired, thirsty and just wanted the rally to end. It had been over 5 hours long and we were approaching last few directions to the finish line. (A community block party with live bands and draft beer.)

We pulled off the interstate following a State Trooper. Crap on me! We poked along at the speed limit for about 10 minutes. (3 miles to go....) The trooper makes a right turn and we go straight. Already nervous about the first ticket less than a hour earlier, I do the speed limit through the rest of town. Not 100' after the trooper turns off, another trooper comes out from nowhere and pulls me over. I am pissed as I know they are staked out to harrass us. I get a ticket for 52 in a 40 zone. Bullcrap.

While I am pulled over, Lee in his 370Z once again drives by to see me pulled over. Dammit again!!! We go the last mile to the park and our total elapsed time places us in 4th place. Given about 20 minutes on the first ticket and 10-15 on the second, we should have placed 2nd place. I think Lee came in 5th.

The two tickets cost me $254 and points do not transfer to Michigan. I'm sure it will eventually affect my insurance. Screw it, it was a great Phuckin time and worth the expense.
-- The Phreak
PhreakdOut
Mod Alumni
Mod Alumni

Return to Events